Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

Register

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trevor Lawrence

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trevor Lawrence

I see that Tom Brady's agent says this guy is NFL ready right now. Problem is the guy isn't draft eligible. A upstart pro league is making a contract offer to Lawrence. Is there any impediment for a CFL to make a offer to a player like Lawrence? I wouldn't be surprised that he would perform at a very high level in the CFL.. May-be a 300k one year contract would look a lot better than another year at Clemson for no pay . This might sound crazy and it might not be so crazy. Many scouts are saying he is a once in a generation talent.

It's a complete non-starter. Trevor Lawrence loves it at Clemson under Dabo Swinney. I'd only expect him to declare for the NFL draft after his Junior Year.

Comment

Hilarious.

Comment

He’s going to play at least another year or two at one of the premier programs in the country and, barring injury, is already being tagged a player NFL teams should “tank” for. He’s got no reason to go to any upstart league or come up here IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by brady View Post
          I see that Tom Brady's agent says this guy is NFL ready right now. Problem is the guy isn't draft eligible. A upstart pro league is making a contract offer to Lawrence. Is there any impediment for a CFL to make a offer to a player like Lawrence? I wouldn't be surprised that he would perform at a very high level in the CFL.. May-be a 300k one year contract would look a lot better than another year at Clemson for no pay . This might sound crazy and it might not be so crazy. Many scouts are saying he is a once in a generation talent.
          If there was no impediment to a CFL team signing Lawrence early then there would be no impediment to them jumping the gun on their own draft and signing any player they wanted who still had college eligibility remaining. Effectively they can't sign Lawrence until after he's completed his NCAA eligibility by either graduating with his draft class or voiding his eligibility by coming out early and declaring himself eligible for the NFL Draft. If he did the latter and went undrafted and didn't get an NFL UDFA deal then he might consider a CFL deal.

Comment

yes it probably silly and hilarious but it's more exciting than a lot of the thin soup topics being beaten into the ground. It's a poor time of the year for football news.

Comment

I don’t know anything about him, but if he’s a junior - 19 or 20 years old, he’s probably still growing physically, and might need a couple years to fill out before playing with professional athletes,10 years older (and more physically developed). He could injure himself and really set his career back.

EDIT:

i just looked him up. 19 years old. 6’ft ’6inches, 215lbs. Tall and lanky. A couple good hits, and that could be the end of his career. He needs to stay in college and hit the weights.
              Last edited by TorontoVsEverybody; 02-05-2019, 04:17 PM.

Comment

he 6 feet 6 and about 220. I believe Peyton Manning was blown away last year when he went to a camp for the best high school QBs . He couldn't believe how talented and football smart this guy was. He said he was heads and shoulders better than the rest of the QBS. Saban and his Alabama defence found out how good he was.

Comment

Lawrence is dynamite, a lock for the NFL. He’s NFL ready now and he can’t even declare until the 2021 draft.

Comment

Originally posted by TorontoVsEverybody View Post
                    I don’t know anything about him, but if he’s a junior - 19 or 20 years old, he’s probably still growing physically, and might need a couple years to fill out before playing with professional athletes,10 years older (and more physically developed). He could injure himself and really set his career back.

EDIT:

i just looked him up. 19 years old. 6’ft ’6inches, 215lbs. Tall and lanky. A couple good hits, and that could be the end of his career. He needs to stay in college and hit the weights.
                    Don't think you watched him play. He needs to fill out as he's tall as a redwood but he's definitely solid. Ran the ball when necessary. His only injury the whole year was a mild concussion that took him out of a game in the second half.

Comment

Originally posted by Rider_Stronson View Post

Don't think you watched him play. He needs to fill out as he's tall as a redwood but he's definitely solid. Ran the ball when necessary. His only injury the whole year was a mild concussion that took him out of a game in the second half.
                      playing an Alabama defence with about 7 or 8 players who are heading to the NFL seems like a pretty good test. I don't know if he needs the money. If teams are seriously thinking of paying Collares or Jenning 500k. I would take my chances with this guy in a blink. He won't get paid a penny at Clemson.
                      Last edited by brady; 02-05-2019, 07:33 PM.

Comment

playing an Alabama defence with about 7 or 8 players who are heading to the NFL seems like a pretty good test. I don't know if he needs the money. If teams are seriously thinking of paying Collares or Jenning 500k. I would take my chances with this guy in a blink. He won't get paid a penny at Clemson.
                        500k wouldn't cover his insurance policy up here he needs to cover his potential NFL earnings. 18 plus games with grown men.

Comment

Generational talent - wouldn’t consider the CFL

Comment

I wouldn't know about that...

Comment

Why would he ever give up millions in the nfl to join the cfl? Especially when he’d have to sign a two-year deal here?

This is is just another “thin soup” topic. It’s not happening.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                              No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X