Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

Register

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CFL to team up with German Football League

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Soylent View Post
    Where's the Italian Football League in all this?
    did they just play the pasta bowl?

http://www.americanfootballinternati...ope/italy/ifl/

Comment

TheCanadian Football League and the Austrian American Football Federation issued a joint statement:

Following a productive day of information sharing and discussion here in Vienna, we have reached an agreement to work together to grow the game in both of our countries. We share a passion for creating opportunities for Austrian players to play at the highest levels and for Canadian players to take advantage of the fantastic opportunity that is football in Austria. With football season in Austria set to start on March 16, the top players from that country will not be able to participate this spring in the CFL’s National Combine for top Canadian prospects and players from around the gridiron football world. But we look forward to future years and all that we can achieve together.

The agreement with the AAFF is the latest in what has been an list of international partnerships for Ambrosie and the CFL.

On Tuesday, The French American Football Federation was the latest group to sign onto Ambrosie’s vision to strengthen the CFL and football around the world by strengthening ties between countries where gridiron football is played.

The CFL recently reached a similar agreement with the German Football League and its governing federation. It also recently held a Combine and Draft in Mexico as part of an agreement with the Liga de Futbol Americano Profesional (LFA), the pro league in Mexico.

Ambrosie also plans to hold meetings here in Europe with football leaders from Austria, Finland, Sweden, Norway and Denmark.

He has said the international component of CFL 2.0 is designed to expand the CFL’s talent pool, give Canadian players more opportunities around the world and pave the way for international broadcast and streaming deals for the Canadian professional league.

Comment

These partnerships are interesting and fun but I wish the commissioner would save these efforts until after we have a new CBA in place.

Comment

[QUOTE=Giventofly;n400535]More excellent news for the league

We need a sauna! Does New Mosaic have one?

Comment

Originally posted by Kilaeua Rider View Post
            These partnerships are interesting and fun but I wish the commissioner would save these efforts until after we have a new CBA in place.
            Why? What possible reason does the league have for holding off until the players are ready to negotiate... if anyhting this shows the players the league is focused on the future and are hard at work to grow the game and revenue, instead of sitting in their offices coming up with game plans for how to counter possible demands. Let them come to the table with an open mind and not then worrying about 100 things they need to do after.

This would all be time the CFL is media silent and people are just sitting on their hands.

I understand everyone wants a new CBA signed, but to do nothing while being forced to wait is just a waste of everyone time. Get some work in while you wait, and come to the bargaining table when the CFLPA is ready to make request that you are able to listen to without instantly knowing your rebutle.

It would be like going into your bosses office to ask for a raise and having them pull out a prepared list of reason you shouldn't before listening to the reasons you feel you should. I'd rather my boss stay busy keeping the organization afloat and growing, rather then waiting on pins and needles for my list of demands.

Comment

[QUOTE=Sprout;n400948]
              Originally posted by Giventofly View Post
              More excellent news for the league

We need a sauna! Does New Mosaic have one?
              The big question remaining is when will Scout be appointed International Riderfan Royal Ambassador and lead an official delegation to Finland?

Comment

If these deals get the CFL on European tv I'm all for it. And seriously don't forget Italy.

Hey Bergamo has 2 former CFL head coaches on its staff.

CBA please.

Comment

[QUOTE=drysaddle;n400964]
                  Originally posted by Sprout View Post

The big question remaining is when will Scout be appointed International Riderfan Royal Ambassador and lead an official delegation to Finland?
                  Ha! Much as I would love to serve, my Finnish language skills are sadly inadequate. But i will stoke up the sauna!

Comment

Time to get China and India on board.

Comment

Originally posted by Itzgodzilla View Post

Why? What possible reason does the league have for holding off until the players are ready to negotiate... if anyhting this shows the players the league is focused on the future and are hard at work to grow the game and revenue, instead of sitting in their offices coming up with game plans for how to counter possible demands. Let them come to the table with an open mind and not then worrying about 100 things they need to do after.

This would all be time the CFL is media silent and people are just sitting on their hands.

I understand everyone wants a new CBA signed, but to do nothing while being forced to wait is just a waste of everyone time. Get some work in while you wait, and come to the bargaining table when the CFLPA is ready to make request that you are able to listen to without instantly knowing your rebutle.

It would be like going into your bosses office to ask for a raise and having them pull out a prepared list of reason you shouldn't before listening to the reasons you feel you should. I'd rather my boss stay busy keeping the organization afloat and growing, rather then waiting on pins and needles for my list of demands.
                      I stand corrected. It looks like I should have checked with you first. You obviously have some inside knowledge on the status of negotiation and it sounds like all stalling is coming from the CFLPA. Thanks for the update.

Comment

Originally posted by Kilaeua Rider View Post

I stand corrected. It looks like I should have checked with you first. You obviously have some inside knowledge on the status of negotiation and it sounds like all stalling is coming from the CFLPA. Thanks for the update.
                        It's not inside knowledge... it is how unions work... you can't have one side working on a deal before the party wanting the deal initiates the talks. Otherwise the league would just force the changes onto the union and the union would try to fight those changes, which usually leads to a strike or walk out as changes are being mandated onto the union.

Comment

Originally posted by Greenwall View Post
                          Time to get China and India on board.
                          I won't be impressed until he strikes a deal with the Duchy of Grand Fenwick.
                          Last edited by Hambone; 02-07-2019, 08:04 PM.

Comment

I hope everyone realizes that the Germans will automatically be Bomber fans.

They remember 1990 very fondly too.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                            No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
                            No announcement yet.
                            Working...
                            X