Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

Register

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Craig Dickenson named new Riders Head Coach

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Shotgun View Post
    Awesome to hear that there is legit competition at QB

A real breath of fresh air from the feces Jones brought in
    Dickenson's comments seem (to me at least) like nothing more than what you would expect from any coach in his situation. I wouldn't say that there's any competition for the starting job at all.

Collaros, while being our best bet to start the season, has never played an entire 18 game season in his pro career. We will, almost certainly, need the backup at some point.

Fajardo may have not had significant playing time yet, but I wouldn't say that he's actually done anything during the opportunities he's been given. Not someone I expect to be legit competition for the starting position. Serviceable backup behind a reliable QB, But I wouldn;t have any warm fuzzies if he had to start for a stretch

Watford - same. Lots of initial fanfare, but I think he's shown that he's not ready. I wouldn;t even say that I saw much positive out of him.

The new guy - well he looks as promising as any other NCAA QB that has come up. He's as likely to fizzle out as any other, we'll have to wait and see if he's one of the very small percentage of QBs that can actually play their way into a starting job.

There's certainly going to be competition for the #2 job, but I'll be absolutely shocked if anyone other than Collaros is starting come opening day. an injury to Collaros during training camp notwithstanding... One of those guys may be able to play their way into a starting role if/when Collaros gets injured but I don't think there's any one that can compete for the starting job out of the gate. And the new guy is the only one that I think could challenge in that situation. We've seen the others play, none of them have lit it up and it would be a very rare situation for someone to just suddenly turn a corner at that position after 3-4 years in the league.

Comment

• https://www.riderville.com/2019/05/0...-overall-pick/

Here so people can draw their own conclusion about he controversial (lol) phone call. Keep in mind too, that we didn't hear the whole call as there is a jump from about the 42 to 43 second mark. So basically we are talking about a < 20 second clip that doesn't give us the whole call anyway.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jmdirk View Post

Dickenson's comments seem (to me at least) like nothing more than what you would expect from any coach in his situation. I wouldn't say that there's any competition for the starting job at all.

Collaros, while being our best bet to start the season, has never played an entire 18 game season in his pro career. We will, almost certainly, need the backup at some point.

Fajardo may have not had significant playing time yet, but I wouldn't say that he's actually done anything during the opportunities he's been given. Not someone I expect to be legit competition for the starting position. Serviceable backup behind a reliable QB, But I wouldn;t have any warm fuzzies if he had to start for a stretch

Watford - same. Lots of initial fanfare, but I think he's shown that he's not ready. I wouldn;t even say that I saw much positive out of him.

The new guy - well he looks as promising as any other NCAA QB that has come up. He's as likely to fizzle out as any other, we'll have to wait and see if he's one of the very small percentage of QBs that can actually play their way into a starting job.

There's certainly going to be competition for the #2 job, but I'll be absolutely shocked if anyone other than Collaros is starting come opening day. an injury to Collaros during training camp notwithstanding... One of those guys may be able to play their way into a starting role if/when Collaros gets injured but I don't think there's any one that can compete for the starting job out of the gate. And the new guy is the only one that I think could challenge in that situation. We've seen the others play, none of them have lit it up and it would be a very rare situation for someone to just suddenly turn a corner at that position after 3-4 years in the league.
        Good post. I agree with pretty much everything you said although I might have a little more hope in Harker. Not on seeing him play or knowing anything about him but just the vibe I get when researching him. So really no solid basis I guess. Hope he does well as it sounds like he could be a great leader.

Fajardo does nothing for me. Start in a pinch but not good enough (yet anyways) to even pay attention. Watford is a great athlete and maybe he spent the offseason really studying and working on his craft. Definitely has the tools.

I wonder if a 5th gets signed before camp?

Comment

• Originally posted by CalgaryRiderFan View Post
          https://www.riderville.com/2019/05/0...-overall-pick/

Here so people can draw their own conclusion about he controversial (lol) phone call. Keep in mind too, that we didn't hear the whole call as there is a jump from about the 42 to 43 second mark. So basically we are talking about a < 20 second clip that doesn't give us the whole call anyway.
          I didn't like how he took the cell phone from the Rider assistant, Gov. I'm worried.

Comment

Hoping Harker is a legit prospect.

ZC of course will be the starter. Hoping he can stay healthy....we need him to.
            Intrigued by Fajardo ....and an increased role. Definitely showed he has the tools in the NCAA.

Comment

• Originally posted by CalgaryRiderFan View Post
              https://www.riderville.com/2019/05/0...-overall-pick/

Yup, we'll just completely ignore that all the current players have said that they hit a homerun by promoting Dickenson and that they love playing for him because one poster didn't like a 20 second phone call. Haha. Perhaps Dickenson can head coach from the booth while his assistants that hopefully have better phone call prowess call the game from the sidelines

Comment

• Who started the original conversation about this phone call and tone of voice? WTF are you talking about? What the hell is he supposed to sound like?

Comment

• Well anything that goes wrong from here on in won't be "Chris Jones Fault". That has now been replaced with "must have been the poor welcoming phone call".
                  Rider QB Scrappin in Full Swing

Comment

• Originally posted by KlutcH View Post
                    Who started the original conversation about this phone call and tone of voice? WTF are you talking about? What the hell is he supposed to sound like?
                    http://www.riderfans.com/forum/forum...505#post436505

Comment

• Originally posted by Dreegking View Post
                      Same topic. Different vein. Iím trying to have faith in Dickenson. He says things philosophically Iím glad to hear but listening to him welcome our number one pick to the team on the phone was hardly invigorating and inspiring. Got me worried. That was the weakest and worst hello and welcome to the team speech of a draft pick Iíve ever heard. And Iíve heard dozens upon dozens. It worried me. Ya. Jump all over me. Iím sure itís coming. But stuff like that are key indicators. No doubt heís smart. No doubt heís s good guy. But I sure hope heís surrounded by assistant coaches who compliment him.
                      Yikes.

Not sure if you are playing silly bugger or really are just that out to lunch.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dreegking View Post
                        Same topic. Different vein. Iím trying to have faith in Dickenson. He says things philosophically Iím glad to hear but listening to him welcome our number one pick to the team on the phone was hardly invigorating and inspiring. Got me worried. That was the weakest and worst hello and welcome to the team speech of a draft pick Iíve ever heard. And Iíve heard dozens upon dozens. It worried me. Ya. Jump all over me. Iím sure itís coming. But stuff like that are key indicators. No doubt heís smart. No doubt heís s good guy. But I sure hope heís surrounded by assistant coaches who compliment him.
                        the bolded , Would you agree folks have to be fair with coach Dickenson and realize he is also a rookie at being a head coach. Good leaders are also good communicators and from all indications coach Dickenson is very good with his players to date. He also has had a lot of stuff since being hired to deal with as " firsts " for him and draft day would be a very busy time and dealing with a lot . IMO , one has to look at the whole of his job and evaluation at the end of 2019 will be a telling of the tale of his rookie season .

Comment

A real breath of fresh air from the feces Jones brought in
                          Oday has anointed Collaros as #1 so there is no competition there. There will be for the backup.
                          Jones had thought Bridge would progress instead of regress from 2017 and challenge for the #1 for 2018. Didn't work out.
                          Every year we get all excited about "the next one" thats coming to camp and 99% of the time, they're a bust.
                          Its a crap shoot, even when they have the pedigree(Homer Jordan)

Comment

• Originally posted by Rider_Stronson View Post

I didn't like how he took the cell phone from the Rider assistant, Gov. I'm worried.
                            That's ok, no amount of gushing to the new recruit will make him sign any quicker with the Hardaways of the work representing.
                            Lets sit for a year and wait for the big pay day is the norm.
                            If it was me being picked in the first round by a teams first selection, call me crazy but that kind of says that they value me and want me

Comment

• LMAO. The last couple of pages are really something. Thanks for the laughs Dreeg. You stay you.

Comment

• Originally posted by Canso View Post

That's ok, no amount of gushing to the new recruit will make him sign any quicker with the Hardaways of the work representing.
                                Lets sit for a year and wait for the big pay day is the norm.
                                If it was me being picked in the first round by a teams first selection, call me crazy but that kind of says that they value me and want me
                                Yes, but the tone of the phone call tells me that I am going to get cut in a week. Not worth it.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                                No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X