Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

Register

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Your favorite Head Coach Candidate

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jlh2640 View Post
    Trestman or Lapo
    Trestman depresses me. I want to stick my head in the oven. Luckily it is electric and doesn't work. I have seen nothing that indicates Trestman can develop a QB. He had quality QBs in Mtrl and Tor. No thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by jlh2640 View Post
      Trestman or Lapo
      Well at least McAdoo could stay on with absolutely no problem or butting of heads with Trestman around.
      #keepthepromise

Everybody knows you never go full Gary.

Comment

Trestman is only successful when he has a hall of fame quarterback. No thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by El Guapo View Post
          Who isn't though? If you look at the last several GC winning QBs, HoF isn't out of the question for any of them. BLM, Burris, Reilly, Ray, etc.

Comment

Dickenson seems to be the odds-on second favorite though. He's always to me been the solid ST guy that likes snowboarding... a lot!
            I wonder though, if this is the best time for a rookie head coach. Its an uncertain year no matter how you slice it, with major question marks at the QB position and throughout the offence. Is this when we want a guy out there calling a game for the first time ever? Might be great, but I think a veteran coach like Plop would certainly be a safer pick.

Comment

Originally posted by squish View Post
              Dickenson seems to be the odds-on second favorite though. He's always to me been the solid ST guy that likes snowboarding... a lot!
              I wonder though, if this is the best time for a rookie head coach. Its an uncertain year no matter how you slice it, with major question marks at the QB position and throughout the offence. Is this when we want a guy out there calling a game for the first time ever? Might be great, but I think a veteran coach like Plop would certainly be a safer pick.
              In all honesty, it seemed to me from the presser like it was probably Lapo. It was just the vib of it all with them stating the high level of interest from all over in the position.
              #keepthepromise

Everybody knows you never go full Gary.

Comment

Originally posted by El Guapo View Post
                The NFL is a different game but Trestman has been very successful developing QB's down there. He is a solid no nonsense guy who has a plan and will follow it. My choice is Trestman. He may put you to sleep when talking to him but for me he is the low risk, high reward candidate.
                Next would be Lapo, He knows the environment here, Knows how to get a great deal out of mediocre players and is a great O mind. low risk and high reward again. Third choice is Dickenson, Players like him a lot. my only concerns with him ability to create a high powered offence.
                and lack of head coaching experience. higher risk but still high reward potential.
                I would not be disappointed with any of these choices.

Comment

Originally posted by Beacon.x View Post

In all honesty, it seemed to me from the presser like it was probably Lapo. It was just the vib of it all with them stating the high level of interest from all over in the position.
                  Iíd be surprised if it wasnít Lapo. I am containing my excitement about that OC from Ottawa because he is just a media speculation
                  Rider QB Scrappin in Full Swing

Comment

Rex Ryan, can and has done both hc and dc, has Super Bowl ring. Grew up in Canada.

Comment

• ESPN money donít scratch the itch.

Comment

• OíDay wonít be making any Rex Ryan hires. He isnít John Herrera.
                        Rider QB Scrappin in Full Swing

Comment

• Originally posted by Xtracrazy View Post
                          Rex Ryan, can and has done both hc and dc, has Super Bowl ring. Grew up in Canada.
                          he is making a lot more money as a commentator.

Comment

• Well, maybe Heís bored, has enough money, wants a comeback. Donít know til you ask. Weíre all dreaming, itís cold outside, I have confidence in Reynolds, and Jeremy, so who ever they sign is great with me.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bigsexydawg View Post

Iíd be surprised if it wasnít Lapo. I am containing my excitement about that OC from Ottawa because he is just a media speculation
                              Elizondo!

He is my top pick by a wide margin.

I like his offensive ability, how he would fit in with the current staff having worked in TO.

The way he communicates I really like if you have ever seen his interviews and by all accounts he seems to be a genuine guy that players love.

​​​​​

Comment

• Well, we all knew it was JO for gm, and from the pics in Mexico, it telegraphs McAdoo.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                                No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X