Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

Register

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jeremy O'Day named Riders GM and Vice President of Football Operations

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Rider_Stronson View Post

    Madani said the new coach will be roped in because the coordinators have two year deals. JO said no, they only have one year deals, just like the other coaches.
    I thought the mention of the mulligan was pretty interesting. We could fire someone and spread it out over 1-5 years I think? So at least our hands are not as tied as I first thought
    I heard.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by DSSHEMI View Post

      I thought the mention of the mulligan was pretty interesting. We could fire someone and spread it out over 1-5 years I think? So at least our hands are not as tied as I first thought
      I heard.
      McAdoo's salary over 5 years would be mice nutz.
      Rider QB Scrappin in Full Swing

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Bigsexydawg View Post

        McAdoo's salary over 5 years would be mice nutz.
        Chop chop! Pull the bandaid off quick.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Bigsexydawg View Post
          Attention @RDavidson: The thread derail has embarked upon us.
          We were doing so well. Page 7, and it's finally starting to go off the rails.

          I, for one, welcome our one-mega-thread overlords.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by DSSHEMI View Post

            I thought the mention of the mulligan was pretty interesting. We could fire someone and spread it out over 1-5 years I think? So at least our hands are not as tied as I first thought
            I heard.
            Most everyone probably noticed Craig Reynolds said it will just be good business to review the football ops cap after this year.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Rider_Stronson View Post

              Most everyone probably noticed Craig Reynolds said it will just be good business to review the football ops cap after this year.
              I sure took note of that.

              Comment


              • Where can I watch the full interview of O'day with the questions. Looking for a link. All I can find is the Reynolds part of the intro.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Stoi View Post
                  Where can I watch the full interview of O'day with the questions. Looking for a link. All I can find is the Reynolds part of the intro.
                  https://www.tsn.ca/cfl/video

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by RiderHard View Post
                    Thank you sir! I was doubtful I could watch it in the US but low and behold I can.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by El Guapo View Post

                      I have my preferred candidates, and my rather-nots, but if it's someone I don't want, still giving the new GM the benefit of the doubt. If we are sucking slough water from now until Labour Day 2020, however, I'll be buffing the pitchfork
                      Never mind buffing... we need that sucker sharp not shiny... and no lube... not even spit... LOL

                      Comment


                      • I am fine with O’Day, but a couple of the players indicated they preferred Murphy. I don’t know the details and maybe Murphy would have been too soft on them, it read like it was an issue of trust. I hope Paul Jones doesn’t bolt - O’Day will need him.
                        TD Riders!

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Bigsexydawg View Post

                          McAdoo's salary over 5 years would be mice nutz.
                          Why wouldn't you just pay the fine rather than using your mulligan at this point? I guess maybe if you think the cap won't last that would make sense, but if you feel it is going to be around for awhile, why start in the hole?

                          Comment


                          • Congrats JO ! Well deserved and earned!

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Tee Wrecks View Post
                              I am fine with O’Day, but a couple of the players indicated they preferred Murphy. I don’t know the details and maybe Murphy would have been too soft on them, it read like it was an issue of trust. I hope Paul Jones doesn’t bolt - O’Day will need him.
                              A couple players?
                              Or did one player who probably won't be back suggest that he himself be the DC and Murphy, the guy who I suspect brought him in to the league?, would be his GM.

                              They mention specifically in the press conference that Paul Jones was with O'Day when he got the call and said he was on board and thought O'Day should be the GM.
                              Last edited by RiderHard; 01-18-2019, 07:02 PM.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by RiderHard View Post

                                A couple players?
                                Or did one player who probably won't be back suggest that he himself be the DC and Murphy, the guy who I suspect brought him in to the league?, would be his GM.

                                They mention specifically in the conference call that Paul Jones was with O'Day when he got the call and said he was on board and thought O'Day should be the GM.
                                I have read about 2 players who wanted Murphy, one who you have referenced and another, thank you for the Paul Jones info I haven’t heard the conference call, just the media face to face and I can’t find a full length version.
                                TD Riders!

                                Comment

                                Announcement

                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.

                                Announcement

                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X