Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

Register

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jeremy O'Day named Riders GM and Vice President of Football Operations

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by squish View Post

Just wait till he makes McAdoo the head coach.
    If that happens, I'm going into the shed and finding my pitchfork and torch.

Comment

Originally posted by greenale View Post

or more likely he realizes an old almost washed up QB is not good for the org. I hope he has the same thoughts about Glenn and ZC and goes a complete different direction with the position that where we have watched Jones go with it.
      in the current market finding a quality QB won't be easy.

Comment

Originally posted by squish View Post

Just wait till he makes McAdoo the head coach.
        That would be funny because you would than have to make the excuse O'Day had no choice or concede that maybe Jeremy watched and concluded things were not all McAdoo's fault.

However to counter your your little attempt at stirring the soup, I don't think anyone should have to worry.
        Rider QB Scrappin in Full Swing

Comment

Originally posted by brady View Post

and if thats the case you don't recycle old used parts like we have over the past 2 years...lets go young and really complete a search. should be able to get a good look at at least 4 QB's giving them 4-5 starts each assuming you dont find the "one" right at the start. Who knows what you might uncover.

Comment

Originally posted by brady View Post

Lets just hope that from day one they try developing their own.

The last 5 years has been a mess when it comes to QBs with the Riders.

Comment

What's the whole Arash Madani thing everyone is mentioning? If i'm allowed to ask.

Comment

Attention @RDavidson: The thread derail has embarked upon us.
                Rider QB Scrappin in Full Swing

Comment

He’s obviously going to get a ton of support at the moment. He came across well spoken, humble and adhered himself to the fan base today. Well done on his part. He has a huge decision ahead of him now though. Who he chooses as a HC is such a major decision.

Comment

Originally posted by PrairieKing View Post
                    What's the whole Arash Madani thing everyone is mentioning? If i'm allowed to ask.
                    Madani said the new coach will be roped in because the coordinators have two year deals. JO said no, they only have one year deals, just like the other coaches.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bigsexydawg View Post

That would be funny because you would than have to make the excuse O'Day had no choice or concede that maybe Jeremy watched and concluded things were not all McAdoo's fault.

However to counter your your little attempt at stirring the soup, I don't think anyone should have to worry.
                      It would kinda blow my mind, as it would most people's I think.

Comment

• Originally posted by Beacon.x View Post
                        I don't like that everyone seems onboard with this move. The RF unity is really freaking me out
                        It's pretty weird, isn't it?

I was not wanting O'Day three+ years ago because he wasn't ready (IMO). I think he may be ready now & I am in "wait & see" mode. I like what he said today though.

I think part of why we aren't seeing people breaking into opposing factions on this one is because there isn't much reason to this time.

When Shivers got turfed, there was the Hillbilly factor (complete with taking on Tillman in the Riderville forum). When Tillman left there was that whole controversy, Hoppy, and the fact that Tillman was successful here, and really seemed to like the environment. Then with Taman there was his Grey Cup along with so many posters harbouring hatred for Jones for cleaning out some stupid contracts.

This year, Jones just left and it was expected at some point. I guess later on we can argue more about his legacy but right now, can't really bemoan the fact that he's gone & O'Day didn't get the job resulting from a firing. Also, O'Day is a very likeable and unassuming guy & comes across as intelligent.

Comment

• Originally posted by CalgaryRiderFan View Post

I've noticed one or two dissenters. The test will be when the new HC is announced. There's bound to be some disagreement there and if we go with someone widely unpopular.....
                          I have my preferred candidates, and my rather-nots, but if it's someone I don't want, still giving the new GM the benefit of the doubt. If we are sucking slough water from now until Labour Day 2020, however, I'll be buffing the pitchfork

Comment

• Originally posted by TorontoVsEverybody View Post

I think it's appropriate that you start this thread, since you broke the CJ leaving for Cleveland story. We don't see eye to eye on some things, but I appreciate the effort you put into this site.
                            Nah I wanted Gov to have it because I moved the posts from the Livestreaming thread. And he started that one.

Comment

• Originally posted by squish View Post

It would kinda blow my mind, as it would most people's I think.
                              I’m preparing myself for McAdoo remaining as OC , that’s hard enough

Comment

• O’Day’s best comment of the day IMO, and the Green Zone just hit on it, was when he started taking about being here for 20+ years, understanding the people, the passion and the province and then continuing on about the character of Sask people. JOD “gets” the environment he’s in. That’ll definitely help him.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                                No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X