Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

Register

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jeremy O'Day named Riders GM and Vice President of Football Operations

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good choice. With JO'Ds steady hand and experience and Paul Jones in charge of the talent pipeline, the riders are in good shape.

Comment

Originally posted by Rider_Stronson View Post
      I think JO deserves his own thread. It's a huge deal. Someone make it and perhaps we should move posts over?
      Sheesh. First we give him a team of his own and then a thread...
      You matter. Unless you multiply yourself by the speed of light squared... ...then you energy.

Comment

Originally posted by Dollar View Post
        Good choice. With JO'Ds steady hand and experience and Paul Jones in charge of the talent pipeline, the riders are in good shape.
        I'm ecstatic

Comment

Originally posted by SFiO View Post

Sheesh. First we give him a team of his own and then a thread...
          No, there should be just one big thread with everything in it!

Reduces clutter LMAO

Comment

I think JO deserves his own thread. It's a huge deal. Someone make it and perhaps we should move posts over?
            You do realize that that will stay on topic for about 3 posts, then we'll be off for a little adventure in Durrant land, then a swim in Carter lake, and a dinner served by the QB hobos.

Comment

Originally posted by Trav View Post

Okay that's a bit much lol. Jones did a good job here, u can be mad that he left but to say that the team is stronger in some ways then a week ago? Come on lol.
              I didn't say the coaching staff was stronger, because at the moment, it clearly is not. Remember that Coach Jones made a few errors along the way as GM and that it was his first gig as the man. IMO, Coach Jones' was very strong as a head coach and defensive coordinator, not so much as GM, and provided a lot of freedom and opportunity to Mike Davis, John Murphy, and yes, Jeremy O'Day with the GM duties. Mike Davis is still here. John Murphy has been replaced by Paul Jones (many see this as improvement, time will tell) and a deserving JOD is getting his shot. Opinions will vary, but I do not see the top end of the Rider operations group as being weekened at all, particularly with Coach Jones very understandable career aspirations. JOD now has his dream job.

As stated, Coach Jones will be very hard to replace as Head Coach and defensive coordinator. The entire team always played with great effort, and the defense was among the best prepared in the CFL. I am much more concerned about what happens next, than I am with today's announcement. Replacing Coach Jones will be a difficult challenge, but I believe JOD will be successful.

Comment

Yeah. That made Arash look really bad. Then he said JO's prime FA target at QB would be Trevor Harris. Anyone ever hear of a guy named Mike Reilly?
                Well I wouldn't mind Harris either.

Comment

Originally posted by Bingo_Arms View Post
                  Not to pump our own tires too much lol but is there another CFL team that would get a press conference streamed? Somehow I doubt TSN streamed the Devone Claybrooks announcement for example.
                  TSN live streamed the hiring of Popp/Trestman in Toronto.

Comment

Originally posted by go riders View Post

And the firing of Trestman.

Comment

Originally posted by go riders View Post

Ah, I didn’t know that. Well kudos to TSN then.

Comment

Originally posted by squish View Post

Well I wouldn't mind Harris either.
                        Supposedly Harris is not impressed that negotiations are going the same as last year when he caved near the deadline.
                        #keepthepromise

Onward with escaping the hopeless fantasy of an artificial freedom and darkened picket fences the disillusioned front of friendly foes

Comment

Originally posted by R.J View Post
                          And the firing of Trestman.
                          They had an apple shaped pinata made out of road map paper mache for it to.
                          #keepthepromise

Onward with escaping the hopeless fantasy of an artificial freedom and darkened picket fences the disillusioned front of friendly foes

Comment

Temporary placeholder post. Will move posts over here. JO deserves his own thread.

Crap. I wanted to be able to delete this post. I start too many threads on here as it is.
                            I think it's appropriate that you start this thread, since you broke the CJ leaving for Cleveland story. We don't see eye to eye on some things, but I appreciate the effort you put into this site.

Comment

Glad for O’Day. The last couple years of experience should really help him. I hope he has many successful years as GM

Comment

Originally posted by mrdiehard View Post
                                Very impressive news conference. JOD and Craig Reynolds were very well prepared, and for once, the media asked pertinent, meaningful questions. I am excited for JOD. I believe the organization with JOD and Paul Jones is stronger in some ways than it was a week ago. The immediate missing link now is the head coach and his assistants. I wish our new GM and VP great success!
                                I think it was a better introductory presser than CJ's was. Both Craig Reynolds and JO were as you say very impressive.

And a huge congrats to JO! He deserves this! It's now his team. Make the right call on the Head Coach. It's a massive decision and it's good the interest level is high out there for wanting to become the next Riders' Head Coach.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                                No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X