Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

Register

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jeremy O'Day named Riders GM and Vice President of Football Operations

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by pmurph View Post
    Keeping in mind ( and somewhat of fairness to JO ) Huff likely signed his players previously and has some sort of relationship with them and their agents . Not sure how many Rider existing players have dealt with JO as the " top " signing authority for the Riders . He is a rookie , and will have to create his space with all things Rider football going forward as in establishing how he will go about signings etc. he now is the man .
    I think Jones let ODay do some dealing with the agents and players as part of his duties under Jones. Now you are correct in that ODay has the final say. This fan is not concerned at this point but we will see over the next 2 or 3 weeks.
    Rider QB Scrappin in Full Swing

Comment

• Originally posted by Bigsexydawg View Post

I think Jones let ODay do some dealing with the agents and players as part of his duties under Jones. Now you are correct in that ODay has the final say. This fan is not concerned at this point but we will see over the next 2 or 3 weeks.
      JO will have to make his mark no doubt in the near future which can be good for those he signs and those who may sign . It may also give us some insight into how the team will shape up in 2019 and parallel with what Jones had going or start to expose what direction Riders intend go.

Comment

• Originally posted by RAJ47 View Post

I am confident that we will be in that range and that we will host a playoff game.
        WE have a damn good team and organization. This is a reload season not a rebuild. I am sure JO and his crew feel the same way.

I thought you would have more faith in O'Day?? We have a very strong foundation that Jones left us. People don't mention Mike Davis enough....but he has a ton of experience and is very well connected. CJ relied on Davis a lot .

Looks like you are a full time passenger on the excuse train...LOL
        12w is going to take some big work on O. both philosophical and talent

Comment

• Originally posted by Shotgun View Post

Considering the QB outlook. I agree.

Comment

• Originally posted by cookiecrumble View Post

Lack of QB outlook, you mean. I expect we'll be seeing Oscar the Grouch in the pivot role firing spitballls out of the garbage can formation.

Comment

• Originally posted by THE RULK View Post

Lack of QB outlook, you mean. I expect we'll be seeing Oscar the Grouch in the pivot role firing spitballls out of the garbage can formation.
              Interestingly the GFL is carrying 5 QB's. Hopefully that will eventually send some prospects to the CFL

Comment

• Originally posted by CalgaryRiderFan View Post
                Re. whether O'Day can make the hard decisions when needed, I seem to recall that when he joined the management team in 2011 one of the tasks he had to do that year early was inform a good friend of his (Szarka) that he was being released. That would have been quite the initiation.
                He also wasn't afraid to trade Messam.

Comment

• Originally posted by cookiecrumble View Post

Right now the quarterback outlook is great due to what is available through free agency.

Comment

• Originally posted by McGreen View Post

Right now the quarterback outlook is great due to what is available through free agency.
                    The real winner will be Jennings especially after Harris and Reilly sign wherever.
                    Rider QB Scrappin in Full Swing

Comment

• Originally posted by Bigsexydawg View Post

The real winner will be Jennings especially after Harris and Reilly sign wherever.
                      I think this is going to the year of the great quarterback shuffle. There will be some surprises and some very disappointed fans.

Comment

• Originally posted by McGreen View Post

I think this is going to the year of the great quarterback shuffle. There will be some surprises and some very disappointed fans.
                        I'll say it again - I agree with you and I am very convinced that level of play may drop. On the plus side, I think a lot of rookie QBs will have a chance to develop because most of the league will be in exactly the same situation.

Comment

New GM, new head coach, new DC, no QB as of yet.
                          12 wins would be miraculous.

Comment

• Originally posted by Canyon11 View Post

New GM, new head coach, new DC, no QB as of yet.
                            12 wins would be miraculous.
                            I felt even under Jones if we did not significantly improve the QB position and the O in general we were most likely going to take a step back. Oday has a huge task ahead of him for 2019...but I am hopeful. I think he is going to be a very good GM.

Comment

• Originally posted by greenale View Post

I felt even under Jones if we did not significantly improve the QB position and the O in general we were most likely going to take a step back. Oday has a huge task ahead of him for 2019...but I am hopeful. I think he is going to be a very good GM.
                              And Im confident that J ODay wont get caught up in any Jennings overhype

Comment

And Im confident that J ODay wont get caught up in any Jennings overhype
                                I hope we are able to land someone else. But looking at our roster today not just at QB he has a lot of work to do. If Willie leave thats a huge hole

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                                No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X