Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

Register

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jeremy O'Day named Riders GM and Vice President of Football Operations

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by alaskafan View Post
    WAtched the nfl games last weekend, The pats and Tom Brady play the same style as Mcadoo and Walsh a lot of short passes only one tiny lil difference that one extra try
    One little difference was on 3rd down when they needed 10 yards, the passes were for more than 10 yards or at least what I saw of the 4th quarter and OT anyways.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by lester View Post

      One little difference was on 3rd down when they needed 10 yards, the passes were for more than 10 yards or at least what I saw of the 4th quarter and OT anyways.
      One other tiny difference is having Tom Brady at QB.

      Comment




      • Shortly before the 43 min mark, JO's interview starts.

        Comment


        • Huff is just knocking down the signings, one by one. Just locked up another O-lineman. Have to admire his GM acumen. I hope JO aims for such a stable roster.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Rider_Stronson View Post
            Huff is just knocking down the signings, one by one. Just locked up another O-lineman. Have to admire his GM acumen. I hope JO aims for such a stable roster.
            I am with you on this. The Edem announcement yesterday is a good sign, the oline and secondary really require experience playing together to be effective.

            Comment


            • Re. whether O'Day can make the hard decisions when needed, I seem to recall that when he joined the management team in 2011 one of the tasks he had to do that year early was inform a good friend of his (Szarka) that he was being released. That would have been quite the initiation.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by mrdiehard View Post

                I am with you on this. The Edem announcement yesterday is a good sign, the oline and secondary really require experience playing together to be effective.
                Next year will be the year that we will see JO's full management style. We're only going to get a partial this year due to the timing of all of these events lately. Frankly, I'm hoping his full style will echo something like Huff's.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by CalgaryRiderFan View Post
                  Re. whether O'Day can make the hard decisions when needed, I seem to recall that when he joined the management team in 2011 one of the tasks he had to do that year early was inform a good friend of his (Szarka) that he was being released. That would have been quite the initiation.
                  If there's anyone I'm concerned with about being tough enough, I'd pick Dickey over JO. I'm pretty sure JO can make those calls, even the brutal ones. Whereas Dickey is just so nice. But there are signs developing that Dickey is willing to make the calls that are very uncomfortable. So that is good.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Rider_Stronson View Post

                    If there's anyone I'm concerned with about being tough enough, I'd pick Dickey over JO. I'm pretty sure JO can make those calls, even the brutal ones. Whereas Dickey is just so nice. But there are signs developing that Dickey is willing to make the calls that are very uncomfortable. So that is good.
                    I am hoping he's like his brother in that regard. I always thought Dave D as a nice guy. We've seen as he has developed as a HC he can be a dick (pun intended)

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by CalgaryRiderFan View Post

                      I am hoping he's like his brother in that regard. I always thought Dave D as a nice guy. We've seen as he has developed as a HC he can be a dick (pun intended)
                      I'm not expecting Craig D. to be as whiny on the sidelines when he's mic'd up That being said, Brother Dave is one heckuva coach. Right at or near the top in the CFL imo.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Rider_Stronson View Post

                        Next year will be the year that we will see JO's full management style. We're only going to get a partial this year due to the timing of all of these events lately. Frankly, I'm hoping his full style will echo something like Huff's.
                        Huff's success can never be denied. Rider fans should be so fortunate.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Rider_Stronson View Post

                          If there's anyone I'm concerned with about being tough enough, I'd pick Dickey over JO. I'm pretty sure JO can make those calls, even the brutal ones. Whereas Dickey is just so nice. But there are signs developing that Dickey is willing to make the calls that are very uncomfortable. So that is good.
                          Well if Dickey is a nice guy and cant make the tough choices he wont last long in the business. Remember nice guys finish last!

                          Comment


                          • Nice guys run the Kinsmen

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Ike View Post

                              Well if Dickey is a nice guy and cant make the tough choices he wont last long in the business. Remember nice guys finish last!
                              True enough. Especially in this business.

                              I'm not completely convinced of Dickey's toughness yet but I think it would be premature to suggest he isn't. Time will tell on that one.

                              The one comment he made that kind of had me wondering was in his press conference when he was talking about his assistants and how he would approach them as "what can I do to help you?". I dunno about that one. I know what he is saying intellectually...that he wants to be supportive and help his assistant coaches to collectively become a stronger organization. That's all fine and dandy, but I'm a bit more of the Bill Bellichik philosophy of "do your job". Maybe Dickenson will be that way but I just hope doesn't intend to keep assistant coaches who aren't pulling their weight.

                              Anyway nobody knows right now we will find out soon.
                              Waiting for the big ole splash...actually there was no big splash, just a peaceful ripple. Dammit, there was supposed to be a big ole splash!!

                              Comment


                              • Keeping in mind ( and somewhat of fairness to JO ) Huff likely signed his players previously and has some sort of relationship with them and their agents . Not sure how many Rider existing players have dealt with JO as the " top " signing authority for the Riders . He is a rookie , and will have to create his space with all things Rider football going forward as in establishing how he will go about signings etc. he now is the man .

                                Comment

                                Announcement

                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.

                                Announcement

                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X