Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

Register

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jeremy O'Day named Riders GM and Vice President of Football Operations

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by RAJ47 View Post

Interesting. Happy with losing more games than the previous year......
    Didn't say I would be happy. Just that I wouldn't necessarily be upset now would I consider a 10-8 season under O'Day a "failure" given how we got our 12-6 season in 2018.

Comment

• Originally posted by CalgaryRiderFan View Post
      I totally agree that the defensive TDs and special teams TDs were a one time thing and you can't expect that year to year. Absolutely with Jones or whoever, without better offence we probably regress record wise next year. I do disagree that we 'weren't as good as our record". I think that is a sign of an exciting offensive team betting more fun to watch as a fan. Let's use an NFL example. The Chiefs went 12-4 (or 13-3 this year). Their D was horrific, in fact you could say that their offence vs defence discrepancy was identical to ours, just in reverse. Yet I'll be noone is going to say their record was flattering, cause 50 TD passes and an explosive offence is so much fun. People will rightly say they were a flawed team but noone is going to say they weren't worth of their record.
      How many times have people tried to make excuses for a 7-11 team saying "well a few bounces and it could have been 11-7". You record says who you are works both ways.

KCs defense has bright spots. I think they lead the league in sacks.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bingo_Arms View Post

Why would toronto get rid of one of them? Neither have proven enough to make the other one expendable and both, combined, are a very reasonable salary for QB 1 and 2. Neither are going anywhere.
        I must be mistaken , I thought Macleod was a free agent.

Comment

• Originally posted by Slowhand View Post

Just curious, because I read this all the time... why do guys say My (insert NFL or College team name here) but no one ever says My Roughriders?
          Actually, most of us do. Maybe not on this forum but it gets said a lot around stamps/ esks fans

Comment

Didn't say I would be happy. Just that I wouldn't necessarily be upset now would I consider a 10-8 season under O'Day a "failure" given how we got our 12-6 season in 2018.
            12-6 is 12-6. We were what our record was. .

I think O'Day is ready to lead this team and franchise to success. Show more confidence

Comment

I must be mistaken , I thought Macleod was a free agent.
              It could be me that's mistaken. I assumed both were under contract for 2019 though.

Comment

12-6 is 12-6. We were what our record was. .

I think O'Day is ready to lead this team and franchise to success. Show more confidence
                That was an incredibly flattering 12-6.

I may feel more confident if and when I see what O'Day's plan at QB is. Fortunately it's still January but looking at the depth chart and seeing only boy-wonder David Watford is a little concerning.

Comment

It could be me that's mistaken. I assumed both were under contract for 2019 though.
                  Both Franklin and McBeth are under contract this year. Ray and Prukop are FAs.

https://www.cfl.ca/fa19/#TORFA

Comment

• Originally posted by go riders View Post

Thanks. I thought they were under contract.

Comment

I may feel more confident if and when I see what O'Day's plan at QB is. Fortunately it's still January but looking at the depth chart and seeing only boy-wonder David Watford is a little concerning.
                      12-6 . Wins were earned.....with ??'s at QB and receiver.

We are not the only teams in the West with ?? at QB.
                      Things will shake out soon once free agency starts.

Comment

• Originally posted by go riders View Post

thanks for the info.

Comment

Agreed - Our points for and against were more consistent with a 9-9ish record. All else being equal we were likely to see our record moving back towards that with the same team.

Comment

• Usually at this time of year we have optimism about the upcoming year and who we may grab in free agency. We are usually looking at the upcoming draft and bantering around what our the Rider's GM and coach may be looking for whether it is an OL or wide receiver or DL.
                            Instead here it is January and we are preparing ourselves for a decline season less than 12-6 and wait for 2020 so we can get back on track with a new head coach who can select a new QB. Maybe we should just take a one year leave of absence.

Now I am depressed.

Comment

• Originally posted by inspector7 View Post
                              Usually at this time of year we have optimism about the upcoming year and who we may grab in free agency. We are usually looking at the upcoming draft and bantering around what our the Rider's GM and coach may be looking for whether it is an OL or wide receiver or DL.
                              Instead here it is January and we are preparing ourselves for a decline season less than 12-6 and wait for 2020 so we can get back on track with a new head coach who can select a new QB. Maybe we should just take a one year leave of absence.

Now I am depressed.
                              Cheer up there young fellow .... , collect yourself and re-assess your mood going into 2019 . Your a Rider fan for all the different reasons you yourself can verify , just like for the team your season is and will be a journey to this time next year , just like the team there will be ups and downs , anguish and joy . It won't end until after Grey Cup 2019 one way or the other ....but you will have had another year of Rider and CFL football and after all is that not the most enjoyable .

Comment

• WAtched the nfl games last weekend, The pats and Tom Brady play the same style as Mcadoo and Walsh a lot of short passes only one tiny lil difference that one extra try

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                                No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X