Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

Register

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jeremy O'Day named Riders GM and Vice President of Football Operations

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by R.J View Post
    And I would think someone gets one of James Franklin or McLeod John Baltazar Bethel-Thompson.
    Why would toronto get rid of one of them? Neither have proven enough to make the other one expendable and both, combined, are a very reasonable salary for QB 1 and 2. Neither are going anywhere.

Comment

• Originally posted by Easy Rider View Post

Another point in LaPo’s favour is that he has coached here before. He understands the community and the microscope he will be under. LaPo and Craig D tick the most boxes for me.
      I agree - though I'm hoping for Lapo because we need the most help on offence.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bingo_Arms View Post

Why would toronto get rid of one of them? Neither have proven enough to make the other one expendable and both, combined, are a very reasonable salary for QB 1 and 2. Neither are going anywhere.
        I think you mean in your opinion...

Comment

• Originally posted by RAJ47 View Post

OF course with Jones not here , that will have an effect on our D. But we do have Shivers and the rest of CJ's D crew who are not novices in his system. All of these guys have egos and pride...and they want to step out of his shadow and be as effective or better.

Our #1 choice for HC could be (in my opinion should be) Craig Dickenson. JO will know more than any of us whether Craig or McAdoo are the best internal hires.

All teams will be facing challenges this season (as it is every season) . With the QB question, the CBA and the two new American leagues coming out ....getting the players we want in to camp will be an issue for ALL CFL teams.

WE will agree to disagree on Trestman. Guy is a winner and brings in a championship culture with him. He is respected and can command a locker room. I am not sure Lapo can do that.
          Of course they’re going to want to step out of his shadow and they’re familiar with his system, but that doesn’t mean they’re going run his system. Whoever steps into that role is going to have their own style and preferences. Whether it’s shivers, benevides, or whoever else, this D will not be the same as last years. I think it’s really hard to argue that anyone we hire is going to produce a better D than we fielded last year. It be a pleasant surprise, but I think it’s safe to say we’ll be taking a small step back. Those are some pretty massive shoes to fill.

I think Dickenson is probably going to be right up there as a candidate, but is that something that he wants? Because of the new cap and O’Day not having the ability to interview everyone he wants, I could see Dickenson taking an interim tag while still holding his current role. It creates the most continuity and gives O’Day the ability to get exactly who he wants next year.

Comment

• Originally posted by Easy Rider View Post

Probably gotta hope for that or maybe Mahomes freezes his arm and cant throw. Pats will be in tough.
            MY Pats to the super bowl..

Comment

Just curious, because I read this all the time... why do guys say My (insert NFL or College team name here) but no one ever says My Roughriders?

Comment

• Originally posted by CalgaryRiderFan View Post
                The only coaching hire that’s could cause...who am I kidding, will cause division is McAdoo.
                WATCHA GONNA DO MCADOO!

Comment

They are my team too. I did not expect them to win. Never doubt Tom Brady. Great, entertaining game.

Comment

Well it’s two wins backwards and likely not a home playoff game but I wouldn’t be upset if that’s where we landed. It would have to take us dropping below .500 for me to have any real concerns in 2019.
                    If there was marked improvement in the offence and we were 10-8, I would say that we didn't move backwards by much.

Comment

• Originally posted by go riders View Post

If there was marked improvement in the offence and we were 10-8, I would say that we didn't move backwards by much.
                      That's fair. The reality is our 12-6 was kinda fraudulent. I guess I could look at 10-8 as keeping pace. I look at the Shivers to Tillman transition and we didn't miss a beat, in fact we got better. I do think though that Shivers left ET with better talent at the time.

Comment

That's fair. The reality is our 12-6 was kinda fraudulent. I guess I could look at 10-8 as keeping pace. I look at the Shivers to Tillman transition and we didn't miss a beat, in fact we got better. I do think though that Shivers left ET with better talent at the time.
                        I'm getting a 6-12 feeling myself. New QB, new coach, new receivers and lacking the leadership and that killer instinct on defense that Jones brought.

Comment

I won't say it was fraudulent. Our record was our record. However, I don't see D and ST scoring as much as they did last year, especially with someone else running the D.

In the Shivers to Tillman transition, we had someone in the most important position on the team, starting QB.

Comment

• Originally posted by go riders View Post

I won't say it was fraudulent. Our record was our record. However, I don't see D and ST scoring as much as they did last year, especially with someone else running the D.

In the Shivers to Tillman transition, we had someone in the most important position on the team, starting QB.
                            Fraudulent may be too harsh, flattering might be a better term. There's no way our D and ST score at that pace this year. That really was something special to see. Definitely the best D since I started following the team in 2000.

Comment

• I totally agree that the defensive TDs and special teams TDs were a one time thing and you can't expect that year to year. Absolutely with Jones or whoever, without better offence we probably regress record wise next year. I do disagree that we 'weren't as good as our record". I think that is a sign of an exciting offensive team betting more fun to watch as a fan. Let's use an NFL example. The Chiefs went 12-4 (or 13-3 this year). Their D was horrific, in fact you could say that their offence vs defence discrepancy was identical to ours, just in reverse. Yet I'll be noone is going to say their record was flattering, cause 50 TD passes and an explosive offence is so much fun. People will rightly say they were a flawed team but noone is going to say they weren't worth of their record.
                              How many times have people tried to make excuses for a 7-11 team saying "well a few bounces and it could have been 11-7". You record says who you are works both ways.

Comment

Well it’s two wins backwards and likely not a home playoff game but I wouldn’t be upset if that’s where we landed. It would have to take us dropping below .500 for me to have any real concerns in 2019.
                                Interesting. Happy with losing more games than the previous year......

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                                No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X