Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

Register

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jeremy O'Day named Riders GM and Vice President of Football Operations

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone else going 3 pages when they click latest post for this thread ?

Comment

• Originally posted by R.J View Post
      Anyone else going 3 pages when they click latest post for this thread ?
      Yup.

Comment

• Originally posted by R.J View Post
        Anyone else going 3 pages when they click latest post for this thread ?
        Yep. Pretty sure it's because this is a thread that RS setup and copied posts from other threads into. I think it screwed something up.

Comment

• Originally posted by pappcam View Post

Yep. Pretty sure it's because this is a thread that RS setup and copied posts from other threads into. I think it screwed something up.
          Could be. It's happening with me too and not in other threads, thankfully. Sorry about that, folks. Must be a bug in Vbulletin.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rider_Stronson View Post

Could be. It's happening with me too and not in other threads, thankfully. Sorry about that, folks. Must be a bug in Vbulletin.
            Yeah, I'm not blaming you. It's happened in other threads in the past and it's usually merged threads so it's obviously a software problem. I just go to the end and backtrack for now.

Comment

• Originally posted by gpridernut View Post
              For as long as the truce lasts before the trolling begins again...

Kumbaya my Lord, kumbaya
              Kumbaya my Lord, kumbaya
              Kumbaya my Lord, kumbaya
              Oh Lord, kumbaya
              Someone's singing Lord, kumbaya
              Oh Lord, kumbayah
              Someone's laughing, Lord, kumbaya
              Oh Lord, kumbaya
              Someone's crying, Lord, kumbaya
              Oh Lord, kumbaya
              Someone's praying, Lord, kumbaya
              Oh Lord, kumbaya
              Someone's sleeping, Lord, kumbaya
              Oh Lord, kumbaya
              Oh Lord, kumbaya
              John Gormley should have a rant over this post.
              ZC gets another chance to feed cram sammiches!

Comment

• Originally posted by TorontoVsEverybody View Post

You're actually advocating for a McAdoo hire. Thanks for coming out.
                Nope.

You know what you remind me of is the Shiver detractors who loved Tillman but felt the the need to build a shield from any possible criticism just in case there was regression.

It it was bs then and it is bs now.

There was no regression then and there should be no regression now. Unless of course you donít think OíDay can achieve 2nd place and home playoff game.
                Rider QB Scrappin in Full Swing

Comment

• Originally posted by pappcam View Post

Yeah, I'm not blaming you.
                  Sounded to me like you were blaming him!

Kidding, same thing happening to me. Not the end of the world. This has been a good thead!

Comment

• Originally posted by Bigsexydawg View Post

Nope.

You know what you remind me of is the Shiver detractors who loved Tillman but felt the the need to build a shield from any possible criticism just in case there was regression.

There was no regression then and there should be no regression now. Unless of course you donít think OíDay can achieve 2nd place and home playoff game.
                    You remind me of someone with a reading comprehension problem.

Comment

• Originally posted by RAJ47 View Post

This is true.
                      O'Day is in a very favourable position. Reload not a rebuild.
                      JOD does have challenges. Coach Jones believed he had a qb and and was his own head coach and was free to hire whomever he wanted to fill his staff. Sam E and JWL are gone to the NFL. There are over 300 free agents and no CBA at the moment. The offense in general needs talent and coaching. There are other pro leagues draining the talent and coaching pool, at least for now. These are facts, not excuses. Coach Jones was very aware that he had to start from scratch, JOD's situation is very different, but it will not be a cake walk.
                      Last edited by mrdiehard; 01-19-2019, 10:41 AM.

Comment

You know what? Iím not positive JO can achieve that this year, and I say that as someone fully supportive of this hire.

And before I get called a detractor of his hereíís my reasons why;

- The QBing was bad in 2018. It should improve simply by default but Iím not positive itíll be much better unless JO can somehow land Reilly or maaaaybe Jennings.

- There is just no way our team will score on D and ST at the clip they did last year. They may do well but that was a record setting pace. Regardless of who the GM or HC is, there was bound to be a ďcome back to earthĒ type situation there. And those TDs were the difference in many games and masked our anemic offence making us 12-6, but not a very strong 12-6.

Dont get me wrong, I see some talent on this team and we still have free agency to get through. However I see a small regression this year to say a 10-8 type of season. I certainly donít see the wheels coming off but I could see a small step back. And again, before anyone gets on my case, thatís not a slight to JO at all.
                        Last edited by Bingo_Arms; 01-19-2019, 10:41 AM.

Comment

Nope.

So you're saying if we don't finish 2nd place or higher O'day should be fired or at least on the hot seat for the following year?

Comment

• Originally posted by greenandwhitesince82 View Post

So you're saying if we don't finish 2nd place or higher O'day should be fired or at least on the hot seat for the following year?
                            Not at all and in fact I will in no way fire criticism of OíDay year 1 that is anywhere close to what Jones faced in year 1.

I am also saying if OíDay makes a solid HC choice and get even an adequate experienced qb like Jennings this team will be right in the hunt for first place.

I think this team will progress overall with less high risk reward personnel decisions and more personnel decisions that are strategic and consistent.

Comment

• I don't don't know if O'Day can get the job done, but I think he has been around long enough and everyone who knows more about what he is capable of doing and who's judgement I trust, seems to think he will be good and is what the Riders need. I believe that he deserves his chance. I like O'Day. He seems to be level headed, calm, patient, and ethical. A person who is not ruled by his ego, but still has a healthy ego to believe he can do the job and do it well. He had a healthy level of ambition to work to get the GM job and not give up. I like him and trust him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bingo_Arms View Post

You know what? Iím not positive JO can achieve that this year, and I say that as someone fully supportive of this hire.

And before I get called a detractor of his hereíís my reasons why;

- The QBing was bad in 2018. It should improve simply by default but Iím not positive itíll be much better unless JO can somehow land Reilly or maaaaybe Jennings.

- There is just no way our team will score on D and ST at the clip they did last year. They may do well but that was a record setting pace. Regardless of who the GM or HC is, there was bound to be a ďcome back to earthĒ type situation there. And those TDs were the difference in many games and masked our anemic offence making us 12-6, but not a very strong 12-6.

Dont get me wrong, I see some talent on this team and we still have free agency to get through. However I see a small regression this year to say a 10-8 type of season. I certainly donít see the wheels coming off but I could see a small step back. And again, before anyone gets on my case, thatís not a slight to JO at all.
                                I wouldnít call 10 and 8 regression.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                                No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X