Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

Register

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jeremy O'Day named Riders GM and Vice President of Football Operations

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by TorontoVsEverybody View Post

    And I believe he will be successful at moving us forward. He's a well-respected, unassuming guy. Egos are going to be bruised on that coaching staff. Loyalties tested. As someone who been played the game at a high level, he'll understand what kind of players to bring in. He'll also understand what kind of coach is needed to bring the best out of those players.
    Well I guess the easy move to not bruise egos is promote McAdoo.
    Rider QB Scrappin in Full Swing

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Bigsexydawg View Post

      Well I guess the easy move to not bruise egos is promote McAdoo.
      You actually wrote that without vomiting on your keyboard first?

      Comment


      • Originally posted by TorontoVsEverybody View Post

        You actually wrote that without vomiting on your keyboard first?
        No I wrote that because you keep harping about bruised egos and a staff not getting along. Promoting McAdoo would remove that angst and excuse for you.
        Rider QB Scrappin in Full Swing

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Bigsexydawg View Post

          No I wrote that because you keep harping about bruised egos and a staff not getting along. Promoting McAdoo would remove that angst and excuse for you.
          You're actually advocating for a McAdoo hire. Thanks for coming out.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Bigsexydawg View Post

            Well some of us supportive of the hire are looking forward to the positive impact while others are lamenting about a fabricated tough situation he inherits.
            I would hope we are all looking forward to a positive impact. Very few people have stayed in the organization for 21 years other than trainers and Ken Preston it seems. But every GM faces unique challenges. In this case it’s a myriad of free agents, an eventual new CBA, the opérations cap, the expanded rosters of the NFL with only one cut down now, and two other leagues competing for players for how ever long they remain in business. But I have no doubt he is up to the task and has been well groomed and positioned to take over. As a fan, I wish for nothing but success and zero drama hahaha.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Rider_Stronson View Post

              I agree with this. The roster is dang good. The obvious hole that everyone sees is at QB but that's Captain Obvious stuff.
              O'Dog has work to do no question and I'm definitely a supporter, I've always liked the guy, but the framework is there.
              Ya friggin Pigeon

              Comment


              • The truce is over. It's back to 'a-fightin' agin.

                Click image for larger version

Name:	fight.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	14.3 KB
ID:	391839

                Comment


                • Originally posted by TorontoVsEverybody View Post

                  You're actually advocating for a McAdoo hire. Thanks for coming out.
                  I don't think that's what BSD is doing at all...

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Giventofly View Post

                    O'Dog has work to do no question and I'm definitely a supporter, I've always liked the guy, but the framework is there.
                    CJ had a ton of support at first too but that evaporated after some grossly unpopular moves when he took a stick of dynamite to the roster. Then there was the 5-13 season to start his tenure here. So it was a very bumpy ride. JO's starting out also with a great deal of support. He could lose some people at first too depending on who he chooses as Head Coach.

                    But I don't see a first year of JO as GM being riddled with the self-inflicted controversies that CJ had. Such as the roster fiasco. And in my mind, still the biggest one, bringing in a known anti-Semite in Khalif Mitchell, which was a completely tone deaf move. It got so bad that first year, for a stretch, that I dreaded what was going to happen next. The Mitchell thing was stupid and completely self-inflicted but I can also tell you several mines were being laid that helped in making CJ look bad.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by R.J View Post
                      I don't think that's what BSD is doing at all...
                      You're right. I'm picking at one thing he said, and taking it dramatically out of context, just like he's been doing to me for the last page and a half. I'm not sure why he's choosing to do that, or what value he thinks it brings to the thread, but it's maddening - especially when it's over me expressing sentiments of support for JO.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by TorontoVsEverybody View Post

                        You're right. I'm picking at one thing he said, and taking it dramatically out of context, just like he's been doing to me for the last page and a half. I'm not sure why he's choosing to do that, or what value he thinks it brings to the thread, but it's maddening - especially when it's over me expressing sentiments of support for JO.
                        I think it may have something to do with your pushing of McAdoo, but I've been wrong before....

                        I don't think I'll ever understand how anyone could be a fan of McAdoo or Milanovich for that matter.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Tyree View Post

                          Never mind buffing... we need that sucker sharp not shiny... and no lube... not even spit... LOL
                          Nice and rusty!!

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Bigsexydawg View Post

                            You are making excuses and it is not an attack, it’s an observation. He is at a way better starting point than Jones or Shivers.
                            This is true.
                            O'Day is in a very favourable position. Reload not a rebuild.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Bigsexydawg View Post

                              Well I guess the easy move to not bruise egos is promote McAdoo.
                              Mcadont would be a good choice because at this time he's tied in the poll with Greg Marshall.
                              ZC gets another chance to feed cram sammiches!

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Rider_Stronson View Post

                                I agree with this. The roster is dang good. The obvious hole that everyone sees is at QB but that's Captain Obvious stuff.
                                Agreed. And we will have 4 teams in the West that potentially are all in the same boat as we are for a QB.

                                Comment

                                Announcement

                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.

                                Announcement

                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X