Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

Register

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jeremy O'Day named Riders GM and Vice President of Football Operations

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by RAJ47 View Post
    Rewatched the Presser with Reynolds and O'Day.

Very impressed!! It is obvious that O'Day has learned a lot in the last three years. He seems much more confident and handled himself very well.
    Personally, I can definitely see the difference between the 2015 version of O'Day and what we saw today. He is ready for the role.

Looking forward to the HC announcement.

Go Riders!!
    Good post Raj

itís going to be an exciting year

Comment

• For as long as the truce lasts before the trolling begins again...

Kumbaya my Lord, kumbaya
      Kumbaya my Lord, kumbaya
      Kumbaya my Lord, kumbaya
      Oh Lord, kumbaya
      Someone's singing Lord, kumbaya
      Oh Lord, kumbayah
      Someone's laughing, Lord, kumbaya
      Oh Lord, kumbaya
      Someone's crying, Lord, kumbaya
      Oh Lord, kumbaya
      Someone's praying, Lord, kumbaya
      Oh Lord, kumbaya
      Someone's sleeping, Lord, kumbaya
      Oh Lord, kumbaya
      Oh Lord, kumbaya

Comment

• We're all O'Daysies at the Coop ... er Riderfans.

Having said that, I would like to congratulate Jeremy on his appointment to his new position and wish him the best of luck in performing his duties.
        Last edited by Tyree; 01-18-2019, 08:47 PM.

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by Beacon.x View Post

idunno, the board almost entirely on the same page? Just to be safe I saw someone walking down the street and gave them a Mercy skull tap. They may not have been a Daley (zombie), but I just couldn't take the chance that the dead weren't coming back with everyone being so in sync.
            Almost feels like November 2013 around here.

Things should be back to regular programming once we find out who the coach will be.

Comment

• Originally posted by Magnum View Post

Almost feels like November 2013 around here.

Things should be back to regular programming once we find out who the coach will be.
              Guaranteed some will not be happy with the selection and others may not like the way the staff rounds out,particularly at the coordinator positions.

Comment

• So now that Jeremy is in the big boy chair, who could the Riders possibly look at to take his place as GM in training. Are there any other former players that would maybe like to do that sort of thing? I remember Lance Frazier once saying that he would like to do that. Or how about Omar Morgan, who is/was? working as a scout for the Riders.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tyree View Post
                  So now that Jeremy is in the big boy chair, who could the Riders possibly look at to take his place as GM in training. Are there any other former players that would maybe like to do that sort of thing? I remember Lance Frazier once saying that he would like to do that. Or how about Omar Morgan, who is/was? working as a scout for the Riders.
                  Who is a current or recent PA rep? ODay has a lot of experience with representing the Riders as their CFLPA rep that helped him get a head start on that side of the business. Just a thought.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tyree View Post

Guaranteed some will not be happy with the selection and others may not like the way the staff rounds out,particularly at the coordinator positions.
                    If its PLOP we should be fine, both on the field and in here. He seems to be the consensus pick of RF.com.

If I recall, he wasn't universally popular when he was our OC though, whenever that was, but that was quite a long time ago.

Comment

• Originally posted by squish View Post

If its PLOP we should be fine, both on the field and in here. He seems to be the consensus pick of RF.com.

If I recall, he wasn't universally popular when he was our OC though, whenever that was, but that was quite a long time ago.
                      When Ken Miller was head coach, before Berry was our OC

Comment

• Originally posted by El Guapo View Post

When Ken Miller was head coach, before Berry was our OC
                        So like 08/09 in there. Those were good times offensively for our team.

Comment

• Ya friggin Pigeon

Comment

• Yes after all the toxicity of the past few years, it is nice to have everyone excited and supportive of the new GM hire. I really hope that lasts but I am afraid it will start to disappear with the hire of the new HC. All I can say is, we may not agree or may not all like the HC choice, but letís support it and give him 6-8 games before we get out our pitch forks.

I would not have supported Oday as GM three years ago - as many others likely - it is hard to support the internal promotion of an assistant when the team and roster are clearly in disarray. That likely was not all on Oday and was more about our previous GM, but he was here when some of those albatross contracts were negotiated and what bad habits did he learn from Taman about overpaying fan favorites and not making the hard choices.

Supporting the Oday hire now is much easier as he has learned from a successful leader in Jones for the past three years. Promoting internally is much easier when you are coming off a 10 and then 12 win season. The roster is in much better shape, presumably our negotiation list is in much better shape, our salary structure is in much better shape and our scouting with Jones on board is in much better shape than it was three years ago.

I am now fully on board with Oday and will support his choice of HC (even if it is a less desired choice like Benevides or Trestman). I will give any new head coach some slack the first 6-7 games before I would consider turning on them. But hoping they start off well and continue our match to sustained success!

Comment

• Originally posted by CalgaryRiderFan View Post
                              I think that you guys know me well enough to know that this post wonít be taking a shot at Jones now that heís gone. Nor am I justifying all the stuff said about him the last 3 yrs. And I would say some of the criticism was absolutely warranted. But it will be nice to look at Rider news and not regret taking a peak at the comment sections or certain threads here always see some negativity somewhere. It really sucked like the Montreal loss in 2017 cheered on even by some alumni. Please donít respond to this trying to justifying that cause as a guy whose worn his heart on his sleeve for this team that was a stomach punch.
                              There were times when I just had to turn everything off and go away. (Thank goodness I was overseas first week of July and busy with a family wedding on the first)

For as long as it lasts it will be nice to see optimism and almost everyone rowing in the same direction...at least for a time. In case anyone tries to say it was like that for quite a bit of 2016, sorry it started going off the rails somewhat as early as Jan when Chick and Dressler got cut. Just bringing it up we donít go through that debate again. I am going to enjoy this where even the most cynical of fans and media wonít be looking for the one cloud.
                              I was in the room for the media conference announcing Shivers' hire in December 1999. The quote I remember most from that day was from Shivers, "It's a new day. It's a brand new day."

The quote spoke to a lot of things for me. An end to the turbulent 90's. An end to defeatist thinking on the BOD. A belief in not just being happy to have a team, but having a team that will one day strike fear in people. Mostly I remember how absolutely positive the vibe was - how unified Rider Nation was behind that hire.

Now, a lot of positive and negative history came and went since that media conference - and it's all been discussed - but this new hire has all the same positivity around it. It's something we can all get behind.

It's a brand new, O'Day.

Comment

• Originally posted by TorontoVsEverybody View Post

I was in the room for the media conference announcing Shivers' hire in December 1999. The quote I remember most from that day was from Shivers, "It's a new day. It's a brand new day."

The quote spoke to a lot of things for me. An end to the turbulent 90's. An end to defeatist thinking on the BOD. A belief in not just being happy to have a team, but having a team that will one day strike fear in people. Mostly I remember how absolutely positive the vibe was - how unified Rider Nation was behind that hire.

Now, a lot of positive and negative history came and went since that media conference - and it's all been discussed - but this new hire has all the same positivity around it. It's something we can all get behind.

It's a brand new, O'Day.
                                There is a difference here though. When Shivers came on the team was rock bottom. When Jones came on that was also the case. With Oday, he should look at some form of continuity that has been built with some changes. This canít be a total rebuild like with Shivers and Jones.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                                No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X