Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

Register

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

End of an Era

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It could be worse. We lost a great D coordinator an average GM and HC.

Comment

Originally posted by Shotgun View Post
      No GM and No HC with like 30 pending FA. Yeh he left us much better off
      The Riders had the fewest pending free agents of any team in the league. That had everything to do with the collective bargaining agreement.

Comment

This team has just been revolving door of coaches and GMs ever since the Danny Barrett/Roy Shivers days which was 20 years ago. We never seem to be able to keep anyone for more than a few years.

Comment

Originally posted by Sec28 View Post
          Did CJ leave the Riders better then he got them??
          Is this a joke?

Comment

Originally posted by Shotgun View Post

haha.... every team in this same situation ?

Any fan of a team that just lost its GM and HC would say what I Said.... wake up
            Pretty much every team is in a similar situation with regards to free agents due to the proliferation of one year contracts.

Comment

Originally posted by lerriuqs View Post

Pretty much every team is in a similar situation with regards to free agents due to the proliferation of one year contracts.
              And that's why I think we have a competitive season in 2019. Not saying that the football will be good. Just more parity. Maybe some team can actually develop a QB without crucifying careers.

Comment

Originally posted by KlutcH View Post
                People complaining he left the team in shams with all free agents. Hello morons every team is in the same situation.
                We actually have less FA than any other team in the league (maybe Wpg is better with their recent signings?).

Comment

Originally posted by Sec28 View Post
                  We have our DBs back. Big hole at linebacker. DL is questionable without WJ or Antigua signed. No QB, not sure who our receivers will be? CJ left it in a mess.
                  hopefully ODay can get some players signed
                  I agree whole-heartedly.

Jones' biggest failing wasn't the big question mark at QB1. It was his inability to develop QB2 and QB3. QB is arguably the most important position in professional sport, and he did no better with it than any us would have. You don't win without a QB and we have nothing there (unless you count Watford).

With the mess of FAs - a problem common to every team - there's no guarantee we could build on anything that was established last season - especially given the fact that we're going to need to take some of the money spent on Defence, and pump it into Offence to balance out the team.

I don't know how anyone can look at our roster right now (of signed players) and think we're headed in a good direction. Or any direction for that matter. Too many missing pieces.

Comment

Originally posted by TorontoVsEverybody View Post

I agree whole-heartedly.

Jones' biggest failing wasn't the big question mark at QB1. It was his inability to develop QB2 and QB3. QB is arguably the most important position in professional sport, and he did no better with it than any us would have. You don't win without a QB and we have nothing there (unless you count Watford).

With the mess of FAs - a problem common to every team - there's no guarantee we could build on anything that was established last season - especially given the fact that we're going to need to take some of the money spent on Defence, and pump it into Offence to balance out the team.

I don't know how anyone can look at our roster right now (of signed players) and think we're headed in a good direction. Or any direction for that matter. Too many missing pieces.
                    That's a totally ridiculous post.
                    Waiting for the big ole splash...actually there was no big splash, just a peaceful ripple. Dammit, there was supposed to be a big ole splash!!

Comment

Originally posted by Rock Preston #1 View Post

That's a totally ridiculous post.
                      You can't say that, and not back it up with your reasons for concluding that. What makes my observations ridiculous?

Comment

Originally posted by Giventofly View Post

Is this a joke?
                        Unfortunately , the haters are out in full force.

Comment

Did he leave us better than we were in 2015? Of course. Would've been tough to not improve on that. But as Chris Jones himself says, championships are all that matter, so his "era" here still amounts to basically nothing.

Comment

You can't say that, and not back it up with your reasons for concluding that. What makes my observations ridiculous?
                            I think our roster is very strong. Has a few holes but once free agency is completed we will be fine. Quarterback is an obvious deficiency at this moment. Your post is way over the top IMO.
                            Waiting for the big ole splash...actually there was no big splash, just a peaceful ripple. Dammit, there was supposed to be a big ole splash!!

Comment

I agree whole-heartedly.

Another moronic post. Who is QB2 and QB3 for Calgary, Edmonton, BC? Are they ready to go?

Comment

Originally posted by KlutcH View Post
                                People complaining he left the team in shams with all free agents. Hello morons every team is in the same situation.
                                God love ya Klutch.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                                No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X