Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

Register

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Head Coach

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Head Coach

Candidates:

Craig Dickenson

LaPo

Trestman

Other?

Trestman

convince LaPo to come over as OC

Go hard and sign Reilly

Comment

have we hear the last of Greg Marshall yet?

to soon?

Comment

No to Trestman without a HOF QB he is average at best, my vote is Lapo as HC/OC

Comment

Not my choice but I wouldn't count out Mcadoo ending up as HC.
          Nothing like a whole off season to choke on cram sammiches!

Comment

Dickenson

best candidate on the current staff, and we will need to hire someone off the staff IMO

Comment

Any reason to suspect anyone currently employed (like Lapo) is available? Would totally be up to the team they work for now.

Comment

If we gotta keep the current staff, Dickenson is the best choice, Macadoo, I dunno. If we make him the head coach, does that guarantee he never touches the offence and we can hire a real OC? If so, that may work as well.

Comment

Lapo already turned down an offer to be HC this year.

MacAdoo. He knows the staff and they all know how to work together. Forcing a new HC to reinvent èverything and not be able to replace any existing staff, and they can't, seems rather silly and a recipe for disaster

#keepthepromise

Everybody knows you never go full Gary.

Comment

Originally posted by squish View Post
                    If we gotta keep the current staff, Dickenson is the best choice, Macadoo, I dunno. If we make him the head coach, does that guarantee he never touches the offence and we can hire a real OC? If so, that may work as well.
                    Only way Dickenson works us if he commits to the off season, something that has been an issue in the past
                    #keepthepromise

Comment

Originally posted by Beacon.x View Post

Only way Dickenson works us if he commits to the off season, something that has been an issue in the past
                      He's outgrown that by now hasen't he?

Comment

Originally posted by squish View Post

He's outgrown that by now hasen't he?
                        I don't believe so no.
                        #keepthepromise

Comment

Lapo already turned down an offer to be HC this year.

MacAdoo. He knows the staff and they all know how to work together. Forcing a new HC to reinvent èverything and not be able to replace any existing staff, and they can't, seems rather silly and a recipe for disaster
                          Lapo didnt go to the Argos because he had to retain staff so you have to figure that he wouldnt want the Riders job considering his staff is already picked for him.

The other thing to consider is what HC jobs will be available next year. Montreal? Maybe he has to put up with the staff of the Riders this season and bring in his selections next season. Its pretty much a given that the Riders can give him a good bump in pay so maybe that would be the deciding factor for him.

Comment

Originally posted by Mallard View Post
                            Not my choice but I wouldn't count out Mcadoo ending up as HC.
                            With the new coaches cap, makes you wonder all the assistant coaches salaries in place already, the next head coach must either be also the D or O coordinator.

A couple candidates who I would not like but realistically could happen, call them convenience hires;

Mcadoo - already on staff and there is continuity and in theory brings the same culture as Jones.

Mike Benevetes - already been a HC, currently unemployed. Would also be the DC.

The guys guys I would like;

Lapo - former HC turf Mcadoo and Lapo assumes OC roles
                            Milanovich - same as above. He may soon become available.
                            Noel Thorpe - this may actually be the best option. Also the DC.

Comment

I don't believe so no.
                              Cmon Craig, you're a grown-azz man! :lol:

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                              No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...