Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

Register

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Riders to go hard after Reilly...apparently.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pull my Finger View Post

Shenanigans or making the hard choices that needed to be made? I was among the many here that was shocked and angered at the way things went down when Jones came here, I was also thrilled we landed him, Dressler was the only player of those 3 that had continued success after being released, Chick started to fall off within a year and DD wasnít even moderately successful.
    Im a huge fan of DD and came to understand the right choice was made.
    Rielly got his grey cup ring with Jones, why wouldnít he want more of that along with a decent payday?
    you are obviously not the president of the Chris Jones fan club but maybe you could expand a bit on your statement?
    I wouldn't say Dressler had continued success.
    He has been injured a lot and is no longer anywhere near a 200k receiver.

Comment

Originally posted by Fizz View Post

IMO, no CFL QB is worth 800 grand. That would very little cash to build a term around him.
      ​​​​​
      Me either and yes thatís true Reilly might command that , well maybe 600 but still it would be hard to build a dominate team around him , hell maybe he would take less to win a Cup here?? Ya right ! Haha

Comment

600K with a 200K go fund me for that nasty hangnail operation

Comment

Originally posted by Redmanrules View Post

I think Reilly is likely to reflect on how Jones treated him when they were together (and how together they won Reillyís only Grey Cup) than by anything that happened with Dressler or Durant.
          Man the hate for Jones and ridiculousness of some is never-ending here.
          Pretty sure the poster youíre quoting is trolling.

I agree with your point though, Reillyís relarionship with Jones and most of our current staff will factor into his decision not things that happened years ago relating to different players that Reillyís never played with.

At the end of the day I believe their prior relationship, and our likely willingness to pay him top dollar, is why we do have a chip in this poker game.

Comment

I'm saying he signs with us. He's only got 1 Grey Cup. He got that with Jones. If he joins any other team he is a contender. If he joins the Riders, with our de, he automatically is on the favourite. He's not getting any younger. How many years does he want to waste in Edmonton with Maas.
            Likely the big sell is can he convince his wife.

Comment

Originally posted by Todd Van A View Post

I didn't come up with anything. It's reality.
              You are so clueless itís amusing. Btw which team do you cheer for because you are clearly a fan of another team.

Comment

The team that benefitted the most from CJ's cuts, why else would he advocate for this

Comment

Originally posted by nachocheese View Post
                  600K + for the missing link not a hard decision IMO
                  Yup. People have pined for an elite QB for years and if you get a chance at one, you have to pony up. 600K, gulp, but yup. With a guy like Reilly, we go from solid to a juggernaut.

800K? He's not Rocket Ismail.

Comment

If the SMS goes up by 5% even the 800K is achievable

Comment

Originally posted by Rock Preston #1 View Post

You are so clueless itís amusing. Btw which team do you cheer for because you are clearly a fan of another team.
                      So totally a Bummer fan, you can smell the stink on him when he types.

Comment

Originally posted by Todd Van A View Post

So you're in denial too with how upset Dressler, Durant and Chick were with how Jones treated them? Players remember that stuff...
                        Dressler, Chick and Durant remember, other players donít care at all. I know pot is legal now, but maybe you should take a break for a couple of days!

Comment

Heís a Bomber fan who claim they come here to talk to football
                          Rider QB Scrappin in Full Swing

Comment

There are also other factors besides money. Being close to family is one. My oldest son still makes good money, but took a job paying about 25% less so he could be around home and his family more. We do not know what Reilly thinks about the amount of time he gets to spend with his family.

Comment

Originally posted by Bioben View Post
                              There are also other factors besides money. Being close to family is one. My oldest son still makes good money, but took a job paying about 25% less so he could be around home and his family more. We do not know what Reilly thinks about the amount of time he gets to spend with his family.
                              Yes of course there are factors other than money. Jones cutting Dressler and Chick and the Durant divorce arenít factors.
                              Rider QB Scrappin in Full Swing

Comment

Just not a fan of the way Chris Jones conducts business at times. I feel it can be detrimental to the Riders, long-term.
                                Last edited by Todd Van A; 01-12-2019, 02:08 PM.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                                No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X