Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

Register

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Riders to go hard after Reilly...apparently.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Todd Van A View Post
    Obviously differing opinions aren't welcome here so I'll wish you an early congratulations on the Riders signing Mike Reilly!
    Why shouldn't we call out an opinion that has so little merit?

Comment

• Originally posted by greenale View Post

ZC's was all guaranteed hard money.
      You could be right greenale. According to the Edm Sun's Moddejonge, Reilly and Collaros were the only two QB's whose salary exceeded $500k last year (probably including incentives), higher than what Bo Mitchell got paid. Zach is probably hoping he can sign an extension for 2019.

Comment

• Originally posted by jlh2640 View Post
        It may come down to who he liked playing for more Maas or Jones and then BC weather and closer to home
        Maybe he liked playing for Hervey and Jackson too. Ed gave him his first big crack at starting as well as the big contract he's coming off. There's likely nobody who knows Reilly better when it comes to contract negotiations than Hervey.

Jarious who was well respected as a mentor to the other QBs while he was playing was Reilly's team mate for his first 2 years in BC and his QBC for 2 more in Edmonton.

There's also no lack of former Lions and Eskie team mates he'd be rejoining if he did go to BC. It's not like he'd be walking into a locker room or front office full of strangers out on the left coast.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hambone View Post

Maybe he liked playing for Hervey and Jackson too. Ed gave him his first big crack at starting as well as the big contract he's coming off. There's likely nobody who knows Reilly better when it comes to contract negotiations than Hervey.

Jarious who was well respected as a mentor to the other QBs while he was playing was Reilly's team mate for his first 2 years in BC and his QBC for 2 more in Edmonton.

There's also no lack of former Lions and Eskie team mates he'd be rejoining if he did go to BC. It's not like he'd be walking into a locker room or front office full of strangers out on the left coast.
          Looks like we have ourselves a little hope and prayer off.
          Rider QB Scrappin in Full Swing

Comment

Can't see Reilly signing with the Riders, with how Jones treated Dressler and Durant. And also with how Jones manages his QBs. He might use the Riders as leverage though in his negotiations.
            It's all in your head.

Comment

Unless you are Mike Reilly you don't know that.

But keep dreaming. The reality is Reilly will sign with Edmonton, Calgary or BC.
              That's great. Then you can keep making up your own narratives.

Comment

• Originally posted by WilsonR View Post

No. I'd pay decent money up front ($200k) on a $550k contract, with $65k in additional incentives. Add in playoff money, and Reilly has the makings of a suitable financial year for winning.
                Playoff money is never a guarantee. For someone on a min salary to maybe $100K it could carry weight. For the sort of money Reilly will be making playoff money is chump change and a fool's errand if he's letting it influence him.

He'll be making $30K per each regular season game. His team has to win the GC for playoff bonuses to equal 3/4 of one regular season game cheque. If he made the divisional semi-final and no further the bonus is the equivalent of about 7 minutes of a regular season game cheque. Instead of $550K he makes $553.5K Gimme $553.5K in real money instead.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bigsexydawg View Post

Lol. Like many I think he stays put anyways. Just putting up the alternate argument to those who seem to dismiss BC as a legit alternative to Jones and Regina Nirvana.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bigsexydawg View Post

I'll put up a whiskey and a Cuban cigar he signs in Edmonton.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sprout View Post

I guess so, but it ticks me off that a coach can say X is too old when he could say the same thing about himself. BUT, you are entirely right. Cheers!
                      You need to find other things to be ticked off about.

Comment

• I will own it for being wrong if we end up getting him but I doubt Reilly will come to Regina. I think Edmonton and B.C. are more attractive to him unless we break the bank to a level that I don’t think would be good for our cap, I think there are a few teams that will go hard after Reilly but if you are doing an article now guess which team name will generate more hits

Comment

• Originally posted by lyin' guy View Post

I'll put up a whiskey and a Cuban cigar he signs in Edmonton.
                          Lol.....the last time somebody made this exact bet with me was a poster named sneaky Pete back in 2008 when I said Tillman was going to trade Joseph. yadda yadda yadda I have never saw the whiskey or cigar.

I know you are not sneaky but you do have lyin in your name......lol.

Lets just say for now I am not convinced he’ll be a Rider.
                          Rider QB Scrappin in Full Swing

Comment

• Originally posted by Hambone View Post

Playoff money is never a guarantee. For someone on a min salary to maybe $100K it could carry weight. For the sort of money Reilly will be making playoff money is chump change and a fool's errand if he's letting it influence him.

He'll be making $30K per each regular season game. His team has to win the GC for playoff bonuses to equal 3/4 of one regular season game cheque. If he made the divisional semi-final and no further the bonus is the equivalent of about 7 minutes of a regular season game cheque. Instead of $550K he makes $553.5K Gimme $553.5K in real money instead.
                            There is only one reason for the Riders to pay $600k+ for Reilly. It’s the same reason Reilly would bother leaving Edmonton. That reason would add to his salary. Not making it would leave both parties poorer. Even worse would be “breaking the bank” (ie., $800k+) and NOT winning.

Whether Reilly thinks of $20k as chump change is up to him. I know some pretty wealthy people and one thing they have in common is that they understand the value of money. Either way, it is in addition to any contract, so it is not a “consideration”. It is simply tied to his reason to leave, if he does.

Comment

I didn't come up with anything. It's reality.
                              "It's reality."

Here's reality: you're clueless. I mean, if you think that releasing a slotback to avoid paying a ridiculous sum of money like $240K is treating a player badly then you are utterly clueless. Seriously, if Reilly looks at that and sees it as a red flag then he's a moron.

While I wouldn't have moved on from Durant given who was available to replace him, I don't exactly see what the huge deal in letting him go was either. Players get released all the time.

You don't know what you're talking about.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shotgun View Post

How about the Argos?

They need a big name for attendance draw........imo
                                Why do people keep coming back to this failed idea? The Argos has proven many times that big names have no affect on their attendance.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                                No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X