Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

Register

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2019 Riders Football Operations and Coaching Staff

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sprout View Post
    I just looked at the current coaching lineup on riderville:
    Assistant Head Coach & Offensive Coordinator Stephen McAdoo
    Special Teams Coordinator Craig Dickenson
    Quarterbacks Coach Steve Walsh
    Running Backs Coach Kent Maugeri
    Receivers Coach Travis Moore
    Offensive Line Coach Stephen Sorrells
    Defensive Backs Coach Jason Shivers
    Linebackers Coach Cam Robinson
    Defensive Line Coach Merritt Bowden
    Special Teams Assistant Mike Scheper
    I wonder if the organization might decide to let go one of the position coaches, or maybe have one combine two roles in order to allow hiring a co-ordinator of either stripe.

It wasn't that long ago when we had one guy as QB and receivers coach.

It would be a shame to lose a quality up and coming coach, though.

Edit: Releasing a position coach would also cause less of a cap hit. I really hate suggesting releasing anyone, but that coach would be paid and may actually not be idle for very long.
    Can the team cut a coach without paying them? I would be surprised if the contract allows that, it's not like they are player contracts.

Comment

Originally posted by drysaddle View Post

Can the team cut a coach without paying them? I would be surprised if the contract allows that, it's not like they are player contracts.
      I think they would have to pay him. But a position coach's salary would probably be less than a co-ordinator's.

Comment

If JO steps into the GM chair and works with just one Assistant GM and a modest raise we will have 4-500 to work with in filling positions. Also the cost of moving on from a coordinator can be amortized.

Comment

This situation right here is a good example of why the way this cap is structured needs to be changed or modified , because right now the Riders are handcuffed

Comment

Hire Oday as gm and get Lapo as HC, 2019 is the transition year so it will only be a fine if reported to the league. Let Lapo be OC and Fire Mcdoo also get rid of Steve Walsh and get KG in as qb not sold on anybody as DC maybe the linebacker coach

Comment

Originally posted by alaskafan View Post
              Hire Oday as gm and get Lapo as HC, 2019 is the transition year so it will only be a fine if reported to the league. Let Lapo be OC and Fire Mcdoo also get rid of Steve Walsh and get KG in as qb not sold on anybody as DC maybe the linebacker coach
              Only an issue if we need to add beyond an external HC. We have room on the staff for one more. But agreed on the pay the fine.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X