Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

Register

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Roughrider struggling to find work in Regina during off-season

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unityriderguy View Post
    I bet he could get a job at a Co-op cutting meat , hed get a good deal on the price of meat to keep his protein up , it would be good exposure for the co-op he would be inside win win
    hell I could use some help in my meat dept , I have an extra bedroom haha
    Something like Rocky? Have him in there punching the meat?

Comment

Originally posted by The_G View Post

Something like Rocky? Have him in there punching the meat?
      Yup that would be the plan haha

Comment

He should look into being a gigolo. Lots of lonely ladies in Regina.

Comment

That sounds like a good job. Where does a guy get an application from? LOL!

Comment

Originally posted by Ike View Post
            Big girls need love too, but they gotta pay!

Comment

Originally posted by Tyree View Post

Big girls need love too, but they gotta pay!
              Reminds me of a time I needed to make some money and fast, so the wife says to give BJ's for money, so I come home exhausted, at the end of the week and put down $900.10 on the table, wife looks at me and says who paid you $0.10? I said they all did.

Comment

Originally posted by Todd Van A View Post
                He should look into being a gigolo. Lots of lonely ladies in Regina.
                probably don't need a visa for that either.....

Comment

Originally posted by Ike View Post
                  It's all based on word of mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by mrguy View Post

probably don't need a visa for that either.....
                    Visa, MasterCard, whatever... I hear Diner's Club is making a comeback.
                    You matter. Unless you multiply yourself by the speed of light squared... ...then you energy.

Comment

Originally posted by Guillermo View Post

"Ambrosie says these jobs are goin boys, and they ain't comin back"
                      Ambrosie has no control over a city's economy. I was in Regina for the holidays and there seems to be a lot more shut-down businesses and vacant lots downtown than there used to be. Jobs are scarce.
                      Last edited by TorontoVsEverybody; 01-14-2019, 08:14 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by The_G View Post

Reminds me of a time I needed to make some money and fast, so the wife says to give BJ's for money, so I come home exhausted, at the end of the week and put down $900.10 on the table, wife looks at me and says who paid you $0.10? I said they all did.
                        so stealing that one
                        #keepthepromise

Everybody knows you never go full Gary.

Comment

Originally posted by Beacon.x View Post

so stealing that one
                          Haha, I forgot where I heard that, was the perfect time to finally use it.

Comment

Originally posted by TorontoVsEverybody View Post

Ambrosie has no control over a city's economy. I was in Regina for the holidays and there seems to be a lot more shut-down businesses and vacant lots downtown than there used to be. Jobs are scarce.
                            You seem to have lost the original point - riders used to have a position dedicated to finding players off season work. Position that would seem to run counter to the admin cap on head counts and dollars. But do tell us more about how scarce jobs are in Regina based on your thorough assessment of vacant lots.

Comment

Originally posted by Guillermo View Post

You seem to have lost the original point - riders used to have a position dedicated to finding players off season work. Position that would seem to run counter to the admin cap on head counts and dollars. But do tell us more about how scarce jobs are in Regina based on your thorough assessment of vacant lots.
                              I had to leave Regina because my industry was torpedoed by the provincial government over a political vendetta against one producer in one production company. I have friends and family back home who are struggling to either find a job, or make ends meet with an entry level position. Crown Corps and government agencies have been operating under government imposed austerity measures for several years now - meaning no new jobs there, and decreased opportunities for their clients and subcontractors. The resource sector is struggling right now. Agriculture has seen better days. Exporters face uncertainty with Trump's tariffs. Consumers tend to cut back on spending in uncertain times, which has an adverse affect on small businesses.

Tell me again how this is all Ambrosie's fault?

And to your other point - If the Riders did have someone who's working with players to help them find jobs, it would be an admin position that would not count against the football operations cap. Ticket agents, business ops, marketing, etc - do not count agains the cap.

Comment

Originally posted by TorontoVsEverybody View Post

I had to leave Regina because my industry was torpedoed by the provincial government over a political vendetta against one producer in one production company. I have friends and family back home who are struggling to either find a job, or make ends meet with an entry level position. Crown Corps and government agencies have been operating under government imposed austerity measures for several years now - meaning no new jobs there, and decreased opportunities for their clients and subcontractors. The resource sector is struggling right now. Agriculture has seen better days. Exporters face uncertainty with Trump's tariffs. Consumers tend to cut back on spending in uncertain times, which has an adverse affect on small businesses.

Tell me again how this is all Ambrosie's fault?

And to your other point - If the Riders did have someone who's working with players to help them find jobs, it would be an admin position that would not count against the football operations cap. Ticket agents, business ops, marketing, etc - do not count agains the cap.

You really seem to be off on tangents...but carry on.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                                No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X