Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

Register

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If I were Chris Jones

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #61
    Originally posted by Rotor View Post

    I think Marshall, Gainey, Butler Purifoy means we don't need Randle
    Not at his price atleast... if we could get him on a good bonus/performance contract then it might be okay to have him come in a compete... "never get complacent, always be your best" type of move...

    But at $135K, that is a little steep for a position we have some good options at.

    Comment


    • #62
      Originally posted by THE RULK View Post

      What are you talking about? reliant, dependable, same thing...

      Comment


      • #63
        Eskimos maybe?

        Comment


        • #64
          Originally posted by Rotor View Post

          I think Marshall, Gainey, Butler Purifoy means we don't need Randle
          I'm thinking Butler is on the bubble this year going into camp. Need vets though

          Comment


          • #65
            Did Randle not have injury issues this past season ( I may be thinking of Leggett)
            Last edited by RAJ47; 01-10-2019, 09:04 AM.

            Comment


            • #66
              Originally posted by go riders View Post
              Never heard of this song before... but it confirms my opinion that K cars are dependable and "reliant" automobiles. Now if only a K car could throw a pass.

              Comment


              • #67
                Originally posted by Rotor View Post

                I think Marshall, Gainey, Butler Purifoy means we don't need Randle
                But getting Randle would Shirley piss off the Bomber fans.... if we don't have to pay a half gibbled QB 450k this year, we might as well juice up on defence!

                Comment


                • #68
                  Originally posted by RAJ47 View Post
                  Did Randle not have injury issues this past season ( I may be thinking of Leggett)
                  You are thinking of Legget. He had a very big hemmeroid that apparently looked like a small pumpkin hanging off his backside... but they reported it as a leg injury as he was a bit anxious about the whole "bum issue" thing.

                  Comment


                  • #69
                    Keeping the cap in mind you can't overspend on any 1 position group imo. We signed Gainey as a FA and Purifoy re-upped so they are making a decent amount. Marshall would be on a rookie deal so pretty cheap. If we wanted, we could probably do it and have to walk away from vets like J. Johnson at least.

                    Comment


                    • #70
                      I wonder how much Javon Johnson made last year? It's conceivable that the jump from Johnson to say $125k for Randle wouldn't be that much. If we can't get Reilly (which I don't see happening) there would also be some savings at the QB position. Whether it's Jennings, Collaros, Pipkin or Glenn .... none of those guys should earn anywhere near $430k.

                      I don't think it's a stretch financially to think that we could get Randle. Whether or not Jones likes him or sees him fitting with this defence is another story but Randle and Marshall on the corners with Gainey and Purifoy at half sounds very lethal to me. Talk about some ball hawks.

                      Comment


                      • #71
                        Originally posted by Rotor View Post

                        OK lets roll with you want Manziel

                        what are you prepared to trade to get him?
                        I know youíre thinking that Manziel has a lot of worth much like what Montreal paid to get him but I believe his stock has gone extremely down compared to last year. Now that of course is with the Montreal offense I believe our offense and offensive line or hell a lot better and he would quickly grow in an offense like ours. As far as your question of who would I give up to get him? Caleb Holly and Crezdon Butler. I think Crezdon will have a hard time making our team this year. We didnít use Caleb Holly much last year so he would not be much of a loss either.

                        Comment


                        • #72
                          Originally posted by Bigsexydawg View Post

                          How do you know he doesnít?
                          I dont! Just saying if he is not his first choice dont think trading for him is in the cards and I doudt very much if he is his first choice!

                          Comment


                          • #73
                            Originally posted by THE RULK View Post

                            You are thinking of Legget. He had a very big hemmeroid that apparently looked like a small pumpkin hanging off his backside... but they reported it as a leg injury as he was a bit anxious about the whole "bum issue" thing.
                            Roid rage?

                            Comment


                            • #74
                              Originally posted by drysaddle View Post

                              Roid rage?
                              BWAHAHAHAHA.... the rut beer is stingin me nasal passages! LOL! DAMN YOU!

                              Comment


                              • #75
                                Originally posted by CalgaryRiderFan View Post
                                Keeping the cap in mind you can't overspend on any 1 position group imo. We signed Gainey as a FA and Purifoy re-upped so they are making a decent amount. Marshall would be on a rookie deal so pretty cheap. If we wanted, we could probably do it and have to walk away from vets like J. Johnson at least.
                                Something else to consider if that new league with their $70k, $80k, and $100k deal. Some of these players are going to head south unless they are near the $150+ range.

                                2019 is going to be the "year of the hobo" at all positions on all teams.

                                Comment

                                Announcement

                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.

                                Announcement

                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X