Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

Register

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If I were Chris Jones

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If I were Chris Jones

So, the Lions need a kicker...
    If we still have the rights to Tyler Crapinga I would see if the lions would be interested in a trade, Crapinga for Jennings rights.
    Just a thought....
    it would give us the opportunity to negotiate with both Collaros and Jennings.
    Now flame away!

We'd be better off just switching Crapigna to QB.

Comment

I thought of that same thing. The Lions know they won't be able to sign him so we can give them Crapigna because they are going to get nothing when he leaves in free agency.

No flames here.

Waiting for the big ole splash...

Comment

Id focus my attention and bank account on O line and QB. Every successful GM before him did that for a good reason. If we have to settle on an average QB then shoot for the moon on O line and RB
        Press here to reset

Comment

No harm in trying, but not sure it would entice them enough. The Lions know how desperate the Riders are for a QB, and Crapigna doesn't have the strongest leg so they may view it as too one-sided.

Comment

Originally posted by Bones View Post
            If we still have the rights to Tyler Crapinga I would see if the lions would be interested in a trade, Crapinga for Jennings rights.
            Just a thought....
            Now flame away!
            Good idea and it makes sense. Jennings has already told the Lions he's hitting the market and we'll just end up releasing Crapigna because of Lauther. Never hurts to pick up the phone and gauge interest

Comment

Originally posted by Bones View Post
              Just a thought....
              Now flame away!
              No flaming from this coconut. Then again Jennings is up there in my preferred options.

Didn't the Riders add a kicker late in the season as well.
              Rider QB Scrappin in Full Swing

Comment

Originally posted by Ruberg View Post
                No harm in trying, but not sure it would entice them enough. The Lions know how desperate the Riders are for a QB, and Crapigna doesn't have the strongest leg so they may view it as too one-sided.
                When you are going to lose a guy for nothing you aren't exactly in a good position for demanding a big return.

As a side point, I'm not even sure if the Riders are even interested in Jennings. They are definitely interested in a few others in the league though for sure.

Waiting for the big ole splash...

Comment

Originally posted by Bigsexydawg View Post

No flaming from this coconut. Then again Jennings is up there in my preferred options.

Didn't the Riders add a kicker late in the season as well.
                  Quinn Van Gylswyk.

Comment

The one thing that may be different in BC is Wally is gone. He very much preferred a jack of all trades kicker if he could get one. I don't know if Hervey is of that same school of thought. Crapigna is an adequate placekicker, pretty good on FGs but very average on KOs, but hasn't punted so he is only a half solution.

I can see BC dipping into that Mexican experiment. They had a kid from the Mexican league in training camp last year. He was no Ty Long but also didn't look out of place punting or placekicking. I won't be surprised if they bring him back for a shot at replacing Long.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruberg View Post
                      Jennings is going to FA, so unless Calgary (or others) are making noises, I see this as a win for them.

Kind of like when we traded Durant.

Edit: As for the merits of the trade. I don't mind it. Crappy is likely 6 gamed after TC, and stays that way unless Lauther gets hurt.
                      Last edited by RDavidson; 01-09-2019, 01:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ONE ARMED BANDIT View Post

Quinn Van Gylswyk.
                        BC had QVG for a week or so late last year too. Never did know if that was because Long was nursing something or just for a look with a mind towards the inevitable loss of Long to the NFL during the offseason.

Comment

I think Jennings agent will get him to go to free agency, regardless of a trade, and guage the interest from all clubs. He is in a spot where he will get more $$ than what he is worth.
                          Low supply ......high demand.

Comment

Originally posted by RAJ47 View Post
                            I think Jennings agent will get him to go to free agency, regardless of a trade, and guage the interest from all clubs. He is in a spot where he will get more $$ than what he is worth.
                            Low supply ......high demand.
                            Wouldn't that same logic apply to Collaros, then, if he keeps playing? In other words, I doubt you will see a reduced price tag on Collaros, even with his noodle issues, if he signs as a starting QB. That might cause some angst with Rider Nation if he signs for around 400k again.

Comment

Originally posted by THE RULK View Post

Wouldn't that same logic apply to Collaros, then, if he keeps playing? In other words, I doubt you will see a reduced price tag on Collaros, even with his noodle issues, if he signs as a starting QB. That might cause some angst with Rider Nation if he signs for around 400k again.
                              Collaros has much more serious and significant injury concerns. Jennings has had some injury issues but have been relatively minor in comparison. I still see Collaros making a good living but it would be less than last year.

I could see a contract that was based on games played for ZC.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                              No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X