Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

Register

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Esks release Bryant Mitchell for NFL opportunity

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Esks release Bryant Mitchell for NFL opportunity

Another receiver gone.

alot of these receivers will be back

Comment

I really liked Mitchell. If he makes his way back to the CFL I think he could be a legit 1-2 guy for a lot of clubs. Good guy... wish him the best in the NFL (hearing Arizona)

Comment

Originally posted by hugoagogo View Post
        I really liked Mitchell. If he makes his way back to the CFL I think he could be a legit 1-2 guy for a lot of clubs. Good guy... wish him the best in the NFL (hearing Arizona)
        Wasn't ever really impressed with Mitchell. Maybe because he was overshadowed by Walker, who is my favorite CFL receiver, and Duke Williams.
        Last edited by Bigsexydawg; 01-08-2019, 10:57 AM.
        Rider QB Scrappin in Full Swing

Comment

Originally posted by Rotor View Post
          alot of these receivers will be back
          I agree. I see guys like Thurmon, Eguavon and Singleton having more chances to stick than JWL, Mitchell or Michel for example.

Comment

Crumble crumble crumble... just add some sugar and Eskfans tears and you have yourselves a fetching dessert!

Comment

Originally posted by Bingo_Arms View Post

I agree. I see guys like Thurmon, Eguavon and Singleton having more chances to stick than JWL, Mitchell or Michel for example.
              I don't know. You watch the Colts and see a Dontel Inman making big plays in the right opportunity to me says any one of the 3 guys you mentioned could be the next Inman. They could also be cut before TC.

Comment

Agree 100%.

And in general, ppl are turning themselves inside and out with these developments. As Naylor said, 80% of these players make their way back. Also to be considered, NFL training camp rosters are at a whopping 90 players and the NFL also eliminated a cut down date. That means come this early September, there is going to be a flood of great players available. And the 90 number also means a lot of training camp fodder in the NFL.

CFL teams, adjust your caps accordingly

Comment

Originally posted by Bigsexydawg View Post

I don't know. You watch the Colts and see a Dontel Inman making big plays in the right opportunity to me says any one of the 3 guys you mentioned could be the next Inman. They could also be cut before TC.
                  I hear ya it just seems receivers are usually the ones released. Maybe Iím off base. I guess Zylstra stuck but I think of Arcwneaux, Fantuz, Dressler for example.

I do see Duke Williams sticking

Comment

Originally posted by Bigsexydawg View Post

Wasn't ever really impressed with Mitchell. Maybe because he was overshadowed by Walker, who is my favorite CFL receiver, and Duke Walker.
                    Walker is my favorite out of the group as well. Hopefully he's healthy next year (and re-signs with Edm )

Comment

Originally posted by hugoagogo View Post

Walker is my favorite out of the group as well. Hopefully he's healthy next year (and re-signs with Edm )
                      I might have won the Last man standing contest or what ever it is called that Atlantic Rider fan puts on here had Walker not got hurt.

Comment

Arizona is hard up for receivers. 2 legit guys and 1 (Fitz) could retire. It's a good place for a receiver to go and stick

Comment

I hear ya it just seems receivers are usually the ones released. Maybe Iím off base. I guess Zylstra stuck but I think of Arcwneaux, Fantuz, Dressler for example.

Guys like Dressler, Fantuz and Arceneaux went South before the NFL expanded it's PR eligibility and limits a couple years ago. Fringe guys have a much better chance of sticking beyond TC now than they did 3 years ago.

Comment

I see JWL getting a practise roster spot if not a roster spot. Due to him being young with size and great hands.

Comment

Zylstra dressed for all 16 games but rarely saw the field because they almost never used a 5 receiver set and Diggs and Thielen rarely missed a snap.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                              No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X