Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

Register

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chris Jones sign extension with Riders through 2020

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Rotor View Post

    I expect less emphasis on the big name recruit - less emphasis on the older NFL guy

    and less emphasis on the reclamation projects - based on Paul Jones vs Murphy involvement
    Their roster while together in Edmonton would certainly suggest you are correct.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Bigsexydawg View Post

      Well I find it funny that some posters who want no part of Jennings and credit Jackson for 2017 seem to forget who Jennings qb coach was in 2018.
      Jackson definitely had success with the Riders offence in '17.
      Nothing like a whole off season to choke on cram sammiches!

      Comment


      • Originally posted by brady View Post

        why not bring DD to the TC ? If he emerges we give him a contract. What is the down side?
        Won't happen.
        Nothing like a whole off season to choke on cram sammiches!

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Bingo_Arms View Post

          Their roster while together in Edmonton would certainly suggest you are correct.
          also you consider the Names that went into Cal and WPG when Murphy was there
          and 20 years of Paul Jones recruiting

          I'm hoping Paul Jones is a calming effect as well

          Comment


          • Well at least now we all know there is an out clause in his contract. I'm thinking this is one of the reasons for the extension announcement, to let everybody know about this clause also, so their is no whining when and if it happens.

            Comment


            • The out clause renders any extension and indeed the entire contract to the level of window dressing
              Press here to reset

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Pull my Finger View Post
                The out clause renders any extension and indeed the entire contract to the level of window dressing
                I'm going to go out on a limb and say the OUT clause existed since day 1 - it is far more unusual for there NOT to be one - but as usual this will be sensationalized and twisted into an ominous message of Doom

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Rotor View Post

                  I'm going to go out on a limb and say the OUT clause existed since day 1 - it is far more unusual for there NOT to be one - but as usual this will be sensationalized and twisted into an ominous message of Doom
                  Of course it did and of course it will be a point of contention on here.

                  Having said that I would bet this will be his last year here.
                  Rider QB Scrappin in Full Swing

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Bigsexydawg View Post

                    Of course it did and of course it will be a point of contention on here.

                    Having said that I would bet this will be his last year here.
                    Hey I just texted you that. lol I agree 100% I think Jonesie bolts after the upcoming season.
                    Waiting for the big ole splash...

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Rock Preston #1 View Post

                      Hey I just texted you that. lol I agree 100% I think Jonesie bolts after the upcoming season.
                      I pulled a Lady Gaga stealing your line.
                      Last edited by Bigsexydawg; 01-07-2019, 07:56 PM.
                      Rider QB Scrappin in Full Swing

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Bigsexydawg View Post

                        He is definitely ready IMO to get his shot.
                        How did you come to this? (This isn't a whiny comment about insider sources, it's an honest question on how you came to your vote of confidence.)

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Rock Preston #1 View Post

                          Hey I just texted you that. lol I agree 100% I think Jonesie bolts after the upcoming season.
                          NCAA or NFL? I say NCAA and hell, it will either be Middle Tennessee State or Tennessee Tech. LOL
                          Last edited by Tyree; 01-07-2019, 08:33 PM.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Tyree View Post

                            NCAA or NFL? I say NCAA and hell, it will either be Middle Tennessee State or Tennessee Tech. LOL
                            I agree on NCAA.
                            Waiting for the big ole splash...

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Rotor View Post

                              I'm going to go out on a limb and say the OUT clause existed since day 1 - it is far more unusual for there NOT to be one - but as usual this will be sensationalized and twisted into an ominous message of Doom
                              Would a clause of this nature work to both parties benefit? If Jones gets the call he has his exit covered, if the team wants to part ways are they also protected? I know thereís been talk here of potential problems in releasing coaches and being stuck with contracts ala Taman and Chamblin.

                              This question is specific to Jones and the Riders, but are other teams doing this as well?
                              Press here to reset

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Bingo_Arms View Post

                                And if the results are there and both sides are comfortable with each other still then more extensions will come. The team didnít the prudent thing by just adding one year as opposed to some crazy three year extension. This works well for the Riders and for Jones IMO.
                                Would have preferred that we locked him for another year.....but with the NFL and NCAA sniffing around...he may not be too long for the CFL.

                                He is a damn good coach and recruiter.

                                Comment

                                Announcement

                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.

                                Announcement

                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X