Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

Register

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chris Jones sign extension with Riders through 2020

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Rock Preston #1 View Post

But I think that's what CRF was referring to. Many have decided just to hate him and there is no turning back. Because if they actually watched Jones this past season, they would see he was a coach we can be proud of here in Saskatchewan. To be honest I don't think he is far removed from being a folksy rural type person...he just has a Tennessee accent.
    He does a smashing rendition of "Tainted Love" on the broomstick cello and had me in tears when he fluted out "moonlight sonata" on the moonshine jug one late evening on his front porch. He's artistically and spiritually deep, man.... not just a football genius. But for some, he'll always be known as the man who shot the Liberty Valence triplets... aka, Weston Dressler, John Chick and Durien Durant.

Comment

But I think that's what CRF was referring to. Many have decided just to hate him and there is no turning back. Because if they actually watched Jones this past season, they would see he was a coach we can be proud of here in Saskatchewan. To be honest I don't think he is far removed from being a folksy rural type person...he just has a Tennessee accent.
      Some will never get over that he was guy who dared cut Weston Dressler and besmirched Darian Durant.
      Rider QB Scrappin in Full Swing

Comment

• Originally posted by Bigsexydawg View Post

Some will never get over that he was guy who dared cut Weston Dressler and besmirched Darian Durant.
        Beat you to it Mr smart britches...

: )

Comment

• Originally posted by THE RULK View Post

Beat you to it Mr smart britches...

: )
          Rulk, you better be careful, some might think you are Lyle.
          Rider QB Scrappin in Full Swing

Comment

• It is of questionable merit to worry about opposing views. I have several specific criticisms within the context of supporting him at the current time. For me both are possible.

Comment

• Originally posted by squish View Post
              I think he needs a publicist. Would that count under the admin cap?
              Last time he tried that, he got accused of working out another team's neg list player...

Comment

• Originally posted by squish View Post
                I think he needs a publicist. Would that count under the admin cap?
                Lol. That is how he got into trouble with that Manziel debacle.

Comment

Rulk, you better be careful, some might think you are Lyle.
                  IS that right, boy-o?

Comment

• Originally posted by THE RULK View Post

IS that right, boy-o?
                    That would be A51. Lyle is the one that attracts bombers like homeless bums to planted pots, seems to pi** them off by his very existence, and has over the top fancy nicknames.

Comment

• Originally posted by Riderfan View Post
                      It is of questionable merit to worry about opposing views. I have several specific criticisms within the context of supporting him at the current time. For me both are possible.
                      For some, it is not possible. That's what is sad about this.
                      Waiting for the big ole splash...

Comment

• Originally posted by RDavidson View Post

That would be A51. Lyle is the one that attracts bombers like homeless bums to planted pots, seems to pi** them off by his very existence, and has over the top fancy nicknames.
                        Ah, dagnabbit... I guess I will have to hit the books and grey up on the history of RF crackpots...

Comment

Yes that's true,no doubt about that. It's funny because none of the haters actually mention that as a reason. I wonder why.
                          Waiting for the big ole splash...

Comment

Yes that's true,no doubt about that. It's funny because none of the haters actually mention that as a reason. I wonder why.
                            Ooooo ooo ooooo oooo. I know. They are Darian burner accounts?

Comment

• I think the whole “Jones hate” thing has diminished greatly. In fact it just seems to be something several people strangely want to hold onto. Even many of the most critical of Jones, myself included, were actually calling and advocating for extensions. A far cry from a couple years ago. Jones doesn’t really have much for haters left IMO.

Comment

• Originally posted by CalgaryRiderFan View Post

Back in 2016 there were legit complaints with the mistakes made on the football side of things and the record of the team. But since then the complainers that I see like you do are reduced to these laughable comments:
                                -I still don't like the guy
                                -he rubs me the wrong way.
                                -I can't stand that guy
                                -I'll never go to a game while he's in charge

Really insightful criticisms lol.
                                This made me laugh. Comments such as that, and the outrage over players being released because they were declining and/or had far too large of contracts.

The lack of understand of what CJ was trying to do at the time, no matter how unpopular, reminds me of Fredo Corleone saying to Michael Corleone in "The Godfather II"...............

Mike, you don't come to Las Vegas and talk to a man like Moe Greene like that!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                                No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X