Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

Register

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chris Jones sign extension with Riders through 2020

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Giventofly View Post
    I see Darrell Davis is reporting Jones is making $600k+ on 3 down nation
    Darrel Davis is more of an "artist" with facts than an actual reporter...

Comment

• Originally posted by drysaddle View Post

Before the haircut?
      Has to be. He is making $500k for 2019.

Comment

• I am pleased that Chris Jones has signed an extension as having a " lame duck" coach is not good for any franchise and particularly in the CFL with the amount of movement in free agency. Players like to know who will be in charge and the stability of any franchise is important. I think that Jones has provided the fans with excitement on the football field plus has increased the opportunity to win. I do expect Jones to leave as some point. As mentioned previously his legacy will be an improved roster with both starters and greater depth.

Comment

• For me the game is about winning. The 2018 Record deserved support in my view.

Comment

• Originally posted by Riderfan View Post
            For me the game is about winning. The 2018 Record deserved support in my view.
            Sadly there are lots out there who don't care about winning and concern themselves more about the name on the door.

Personally, I think Jones is VERY misunderstood out there by a lot of the fan base. The hate on social media shocks me...and Jones is nothing like what is being portrayed.
            Waiting for the big ole splash...

Comment

• Originally posted by Rock Preston #1 View Post

Sadly there are lots out there who don't care about winning and concern themselves more about the name on the door.

Personally, I think Jones is VERY misunderstood out there by a lot of the fan base. The hate on social media shocks me...and Jones is nothing like what is being portrayed.
              There are a few on here who jumped up and down claiming name on the door didn't matter when in actuality it does matter.
              Rider QB Scrappin in Full Swing

Comment

• Originally posted by Bigsexydawg View Post

There are a few on here who jumped up and down claiming name on the door didn't matter when in actuality it does matter.
                It matters big time for some. Just looking on twitter or facebook every time an article about Jones comes up and the comments below are just over the top hate. I don't really understand it...

Comment

It matters big time for some. Just looking on twitter or facebook every time an article about Jones comes up and the comments below are just over the top hate. I don't really understand it...
                  Of course and it always has been like that despite countless protests on here by some it doesn't.
                  Rider QB Scrappin in Full Swing

Comment

Back in 2016 there were legit complaints with the mistakes made on the football side of things and the record of the team. But since then the complainers that I see like you do are reduced to these laughable comments:
                    -I still don't like the guy
                    -he rubs me the wrong way.
                    -I can't stand that guy
                    -I'll never go to a game while he's in charge

Really insightful criticisms lol.

Comment

• I think he needs a publicist. Would that count under the admin cap?

Comment

• Originally posted by CalgaryRiderFan View Post

Back in 2016 there were legit complaints with the mistakes made on the football side of things and the record of the team. But since then the complainers that I see like you do are reduced to these laughable comments:
                        -I still don't like the guy
                        -he rubs me the wrong way.
                        -I can't stand that guy
                        -I'll never go to a game while he's in charge

Really insightful criticisms lol.
                        Oh for sure, no question. They can't even say specifically why they don't like him.

I don't think Jones is perfect by any means, but he has progressed TREMENDOUSLY over the years. All of the mistakes he was making early in his career have been rectified. I don't really have any complaints of Jones anymore outside of stubbornly sticking with McAdoo and his occasional NFL washout signings like Vince Young.

Comment

• Originally posted by squish View Post
                          I think he needs a publicist. Would that count under the admin cap?
                          Why? His interviews and press conferences were excellent all year long. He was usually easygoing (compared to his first season), smiled more, patient, answered questions and for the most part didn't give attitude.

To me he is very folksy.

Comment

Why? His interviews and press conferences were excellent all year long. He was usually easygoing (compared to his first season), smiled more, patient, answered questions and for the most part didn't give attitude.
                            I know, I've noticed it too, but its apparently not taking yet.

Comment

To me he is very folksy.
                              Personally, I would love it if Jonesy would verbally slow drawl vivisect dumb reporters with dumb questions and dumb agendas. More fun would be if he actually did a Jedi hand gesture replicating a force thrown object, and a defensive tackle comes out of no where to sack said reporter into a squealing pile of media personality pudding.

Comment

• Originally posted by squish View Post

I know, I've noticed it too, but its apparently not taking yet.
                                But I think that's what CRF was referring to. Many have decided just to hate him and there is no turning back. Because if they actually watched Jones this past season, they would see he was a coach we can be proud of here in Saskatchewan. To be honest I don't think he is far removed from being a folksy rural type person...he just has a Tennessee accent.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                                No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X