Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

Register

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chris Jones sign extension with Riders through 2020

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boy have opinions of JOD ever changed for the better. Nice to see he's worked his way up from the VP of standing around.

Comment

• Originally posted by Giventofly View Post
      I see Darrell Davis is reporting Jones is making $600k+ on 3 down nation
      There are a couple of posters on here who will be reporting $750K in the next day or 2.
      Rider QB Scrappin in Full Swing

Comment

• Originally posted by squish View Post
        Boy have opinions of JOD ever changed for the better. Nice to see he's worked his way up from the VP of standing around.
        Yes, and "O'Daisies" too. IMHO, the fact he knew where the bodies were buried is what saved him in the first place and he's had a chance to learn "what not" to do from the Taman days.
        Nothing like a whole off season to choke on cram sammiches!

Comment

Boy have opinions of JOD ever changed for the better. Nice to see he's worked his way up from the VP of standing around.
          And I quote, "You always try to play this "gotcha" thing, instead of just discussing it as an adult. Who cares what "people said" 5 years ago."

Comment

No surprise to anyone who's preference is just logic and common sense. 2015, not considered ready to be a GM. Fast forward with 4-5 yrs of experience = consideration he is ready. Not rocket science.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bigsexydawg View Post

And I quote, "You always try to play this "gotcha" thing, instead of just discussing it as an adult. Who cares what "people said" 5 years ago."
              Oh you thought I was singling you out or something? I guess you did used to derisively refer to me as an "O'daisie" for some reason.

Comment

Always with you, squish. Man.........

Comment

gee its amazing what spending time in an organization can do -

3 more years experience later

3 years ago people said he needed experience and was not ready - huh go figure that three years later the same people would say - he has the experience and now should be a good candidate

even better if we are talking 2 years out and he would have 5 additional years experience

give him 7 years and the same people who said he was nowhere near ready will all be scratching their heads wondering why he has not gotten a shot yet

Last edited by Rotor; 01-09-2019, 02:18 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rotor View Post

gee its amazing what spending time in an organization can do -

3 more years experience later

3 years ago people said he needed experience and was not ready - huh go figure that three years later the same people would say - he has the experience and now should be a good candidate

even better if we are talking 2 years out and he would have 5 additional years experience

give him 7 years and the same people who said he was nowhere near ready will all be scratching their heads wondering why he has not gotten a shot yet

If thats all that was said, you would have an excellent point here. But he was tagged with much much worse things than that.

Comment

If thats all that was said, you would have an excellent point here. But he was tagged with much much worse things than that.
                      only in the face of those who stubbornly insisted he should have been hired instead of Jones

and those who wanted him. are you suddenly suggesting they had nothing but complimentary things to say about Jones? LOL

Comment

• Originally posted by Hambone View Post

It was the same thought with Esk Coaching staff thread. I was wondering why a thread that should have a short life was continuing to get bumped. Curiosity got me so I took a look. I found after it started on their staff it took an offramp through free agency and QB salaries. Then it took a right at the lights to turn into another Rotor vs somebody pissing match. At the next intersection it turned into a discussion about JSJ and the Rider OL, a trap I'm ashamed to admit I fell into. I wonder what the next twist or turn will be. Lol.
                        Haha crazy stuff in Rider land

Comment

• Originally posted by Hambone View Post

It was the same thought with Esk Coaching staff thread. I was wondering why a thread that should have a short life was continuing to get bumped. Curiosity got me so I took a look. I found after it started on their staff it took an offramp through free agency and QB salaries. Then it took a right at the lights to turn into another Rotor vs somebody pissing match. At the next intersection it turned into a discussion about JSJ and the Rider OL, a trap I'm ashamed to admit I fell into. I wonder what the next twist or turn will be. Lol.
                          Donuts. Chocolate or cream filling.

Comment

Oh you thought I was singling you out or something? I guess you did used to derisively refer to me as an "O'daisie" for some reason.
                            Actually the quote I quoted was from another thread and in response to a comment I made about people's desire for a new stadium. Just in case this was one of the convenient days where you didn't remember what you had for breakfast. And here you are, a week or 2 later doing the exact same thing playing "gotcha" and not discussing the merits of O'Day being ready to be a GM.

Comment

• Originally posted by CalgaryRiderFan View Post

No surprise to anyone who's preference is just logic and common sense. 2015, not considered ready to be a GM. Fast forward with 4-5 yrs of experience = consideration he is ready. Not rocket science.
                              Exactly. I remember back when the GM's job was open that I was against the hiring of O'Day for the following three reasons:

1. He lacked overall experience
                              2. He didn't have any track record in player personnel / contacts and the Riders had a lousy roster at the time.
                              3. Hiring him at that time would have looked like a convenience hire and would have looked bad on Reynolds due to their friendship.

But I also remember saying that O'Day would be a good candidate for GM in the future after getting some experience. He has always been a smart guy.

And just as you and rotor have said, I am now comfortable that he would do a great job as GM with a CFL team after getting the experience he needed. He is ready.

My thoughts haven't changed about O'Day whatsoever since 5 years ago or whatever.
                              Waiting for the big ole splash...

Comment

• Originally posted by Giventofly View Post
                                I see Darrell Davis is reporting Jones is making $600k+ on 3 down nation
                                Before the haircut?

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                                No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X