Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

Register

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Alex Singleton released by Stamps to sign with NFL's Eagles

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hambone View Post

I have a hard time seeing it go up as high as $700K unless there is a significant increase to the cap, something I also don't believe is likely.
    I had predicted the Cap will increase by about 15% for 2019. That would bump Reilly's reported $500k salary to $575k, just with inflation. The Esks franchise simply cannot afford to lose Reilly and will likely match and top any offer he receives. I think Reilly will top out at about $650k...a 30% increase from last year. We can only assume what he's earning, as CFL contracts reported are often "maximum contracts" which include achieving all his incentives, i.e. MOP, All-Star, Grey Cup, etc. Sometimes CFL salaries reported are "base salary" (including signing/roster bonuses)...so it's always a bit of a guessing game.

Bo Mitchell is a different kind of dude. For several seasons, he accepted a reduced salary in Calgary so they could re-sign Drew Tate, for example. If he doesn't get the respect down south he deserves (i.e. that's he's just training camp fodder or will be stuck as a 3rd-stringer), I could see him resigning with the Stamps, for say, $2M over 3 years? There's something comforting about that, along with being a guaranteed starter. The NFL is a brutal league, a QB's size and toughness will count as much as passing accuracy and mobility.
    Last edited by CFLFAN1; 01-07-2019, 04:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by CFLFAN1 View Post

I had predicted the Cap will increase by about 15% for 2019. That would bump Reilly's reported $500k salary to $575k, just with inflation. The Esks franchise simply cannot afford to lose Reilly and will likely match and top any offer he receives. I think Reilly will top out at about $650k...a 30% increase from last year. We can only assume what he's earning, as CFL contracts are often quoted as "maximum contracts" which include achieving all his incentives, i.e. MOP, All-Star, Grey Cup, etc. Sometimes CFL salaries are reported are "base salary" (including signing/roster bonuses)...so it's always a bit of a guessing game.

Bo Mitchell is a different kind of dude. For several seasons, he accepted a reduced salary in Calgary so they could re-sign Drew Tate, for example. If he doesn't get the respect down south he deserves (i.e. that's he's just training camp fodder or will be stuck as a 3rd-stringer), I could see him resigning with the Stamps, for say, $2M over 3 years? There's something comforting about that, along with being a guaranteed starter. The NFL is a brutal league, a QB's size and toughness will count as much as passing accuracy and mobility.
      That is a slippery slope though. If Reilly gets $700K whoever pays it has just permanently altered the pay structure upwards for all QBs. That guy fans think isn't worth $300K is suddenly worth closer to $400K.

Comment

Originally posted by goaltender61 View Post

I think that is just urban myth .. he's yappy AF but seems like a strait shooter and a heck of a player
        I've seen it twice during games this past season alone and its been brought up on this forum numerous times. He's a POS, IMO.

Comment

Why don't they do something like everyone under $150,000 in salary gets a 15% bump? Other than the league may not be able to afford it

Comment

Originally posted by BCRiderfan View Post
            Why don't they do something like everyone under $150,000 in salary gets a 15% bump? Other than the league may not be able to afford it
            Because the system is not set out to advantage the proletariat, that's why.

Comment

Originally posted by CFLFAN1 View Post
              An over-valued contract for Jennings would be $350k. He's still a big question mark, much like Collaros was last year, minus the concussions.
              I still think, that he gives us the best chance at being a franchise QB. Unless we find a dimonid in the rough coming into training camp.

Comment

This is no doubt a loss for Calgary, but I've heard about the demise of the Stampeders a few times now in the last ten years. Until proven otherwise, they will still be the team to beat in the West, no matter which players they lose.

Comment

Originally posted by BCRiderfan View Post
                  Because then a $150k player would be making $172500, and a player making $155k would still be making $155k. And, unfortunately, professional contracts are often pissing contests.

Comment

Id rather over spend on Jennings than to bring in Glenn. Glenn will start hot and then by labour day he will be terrible. Glenn has never won anything and at this point in his career he should be a back up on a team that has a franchise guy. To a team that is looking for a QB Glenn is a terrible option. Much rather go young and legit try and find someone than than go with a dud like Glenn.

Comment

Originally posted by greenale View Post
                      Id rather over spend on Jennings than to bring in Glenn. Glenn will start hot and then by labour day he will be terrible. Glenn has never won anything and at this point in his career he should be a back up on a team that has a franchise guy. To a team that is looking for a QB Glenn is a terrible option. Much rather go young and legit try and find someone than than go with a dud like Glenn.
                      I agree, plus Jennings is 15 years younger!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Edmontonriderfan33 View Post

I agree, plus Jennings is 15 years younger!!!
                        And I hear Glenda also dips his grilled cheese in tomato soup....

Comment

Originally posted by THE RULK View Post

You're weird if you don't....

Comment

Originally posted by THE RULK View Post

And your problem with that is?

Comment

Originally posted by Rider_Stronson View Post

It suits their personalities. I can foresee CJ and Huff thinking close to 700K is overpaying especially for THE big ticket item......QB. And then opting out while BC and Edmonton duke it out for Reilly.
                              Huff wont be in on Reilly. They will have a contingency plan if BLM sticks down there but Ive been told he wont go down there and hold a clipboard....so Id expect him back with the Stamps by mid to late August. I would put $ on Jennings landing there as the guy to bridge the gap while they wait for Mitchell to return.
                              I would be shocked to see Singleton return however. He is easily the best LB in the CFL and can play STs with an NFL team.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                              No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X