Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

Register

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Ed Gainey calling out his own HC/GM?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mikejth View Post
    Not all coaches get an out, Orlando wasn't allowed to leave Hamilton a few years ago to even be considered for HC. The no out clause was written into his contract. The pension thing is a joke, the average career in the CFL is 4 years even if it is 5 years. Getting say $200 when you are 60 is peanuts, that converts into less then $10k/year if you live till your are 85. So to hold this up as something they have over coaches is peanuts. A head coach is contributing likely 3 to 4 times the amount to his own pension plan because he can afford to.
    Do you even know how the CFL pension plan works?

Comment

Originally posted by greenandwhitesince82 View Post

Players being released when they are a pending free agent is different than a player being released when he has an additional year remaining. Buono got fined for this and the league made a stink over this.
      Nope. They got fined for having a clause in his contract that they would release the player, but if he came back to the CFL his rights would be held by BC.

Comment

Originally posted by Magnum View Post

Do you even know how the CFL pension plan works?
        Yes I know how pensions work. The Defined Benefit plan the players have guarantees them a set amount basically until they die. The amount of the payout they get is based on how they have paid in and how much interest has been earned by the time they start collecting. Collect early less of a payment, collect later more of a payment. Pay into for 4 year vs 8 years, less of a payment.

Comment

Originally posted by safimod View Post
          Perhaps I'm reading this wrong, but it sounds like he's referring to Chris Jones and the potential two teams sniffing around.

I think he is just stating how unfair it appears not actually directing it to anyone.

Comment

If he was referring to Jones, he was misinformed as there were no actual interviews.

Comment

Originally posted by CalgaryRiderFan View Post
              If he was referring to Jones, he was misinformed as there were no actual interviews.
              Sure there wasnít - wink wink! Not formal but Jones would have talked to people. I think next season is Jones last here.

Comment

Originally posted by Fullhouse View Post

Sure there wasnít - wink wink! Not formal but Jones would have talked to people. I think next season is Jones last here.
                He said he didn't on the greenzone interview but I guess you have to take his word for it

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X