Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

Register

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Ed Gainey calling out his own HC/GM?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Ed Gainey calling out his own HC/GM?

Perhaps I'm reading this wrong, but it sounds like he's referring to Chris Jones and the potential two teams sniffing around.

Well Ed, Chris Jones has never cared about honouring a contract for one thing. Secondly though, havenít we been allowing Williams-Lambert to try out while under contract?

Not sure what heís getting at. I doubt thereís NFL interest in Gainey.

Comment

I think there is a lot of tension around the CBA right now - Derek Dennis was tweeting about them holding bonuses yesterday and a lot of players were rallying around that - I donít see it as gainey calling out jones so much as a player calling out the hiprocasy of player vs coach contracts and rights

Comment

Originally posted by steve04 View Post
        I think there is a lot of tension around the CBA right now - Derek Dennis was tweeting about them holding bonuses yesterday and a lot of players were rallying around that - I donít see it as gainey calling out jones so much as a player calling out the hiprocasy of player vs coach contracts and rights
        Yea - thats a better way of putting it - and it just happened to be (potentially) his own HC/GM

Comment

It is going be an interesting off season. 150+ days till regular season starts....

Comment

Originally posted by safimod View Post
            Perhaps I'm reading this wrong, but it sounds like he's referring to Chris Jones and the potential two teams sniffing around.

simple - its called having an out clause in your contract - contractually allowed to do it

its also called not being bound by the CBA - which perhaps coaches should be and also have a union - but there is that

Comment

Has Jones actually had interviews or is this based on the report that teams are doing research on him? Greenzone has LaCanfora on today so hopefully they ask him

Comment

Originally posted by steve04 View Post
                I agree -

Comment

Not calling out his coach....calling out all coaches. First shot across the bow from the players as CBA talks heat up.

Comment

Originally posted by IMWT View Post
                    Not calling out his coach....calling out all coaches. First shot across the bow from the players as CBA talks heat up.
                    I agree

although I'm not sure of the point

with contracts for players now basically 1 year - what do they want? - give any team 2 weeks notice and they can walk out the door - or quit to join an NFL team during half time?

Comment

Originally posted by CalgaryRiderFan View Post
                      Has Jones actually had interviews or is this based on the report that teams are doing research on him? Greenzone has LaCanfora on today so hopefully they ask him
                      LaCanfora said two teams were doing extensive research into Jones. Does Gainey have some inside information that Jones as interviewed for those jobs? Any player who signed after August can tryout in the NFL every off-season if they sign one-year deals.

Comment

Originally posted by Rotor View Post

simple - its called having an out clause in your contract - contractually allowed to do it

its also called not being bound by the CBA - which perhaps coaches should be and also have a union - but there is that
                        I thought the Commish squashed all out clauses, and said basically all coaching changes and compensation would now be reviewed by the league. So they can still talk but nothing happens with league approval.

Comment

Originally posted by safimod View Post

La Confora DOES NOT confirm Chris Jones has had OR is even scheduled to have ANY interviews. Just that he's been looked into by 2 or more NFL teams.

Comment

Originally posted by CFLFAN1 View Post

LaCanfora said two teams were doing extensive research into Jones. Does Gainey have some inside information that Jones as interviewed for those jobs? Any player who signed after August can tryout in the NFL every off-season if they sign one-year deals.
                            No. Gainey's just going off the reports on CJME it seems. And La Confora does not confirm any interviews at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Bingo_Arms View Post
                              Well Ed, Chris Jones has never cared about honouring a contract for one thing. Secondly though, havenít we been allowing Williams-Lambert to try out while under contract?

Not sure what heís getting at. I doubt thereís NFL interest in Gainey.
                              Oh look, bingo arms taking a shot at Chris jones in a post. That never happens.
                              Wait, let me guess, you made good by talking about JWL, right?

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                              No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X