Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

Register

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Evil Empire announce staff for 2019

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bingo_Arms View Post

Iím not sure who has the inside track but I do tend to agree with you that it really is a 2 hours race.
    From what I've heard it sounds like the Esks, but I don't know by what margin. I'm having a hard time getting a read on what amount of faith the players have in Brock at this point.

Comment

Originally posted by Pencilvester View Post

He'd be stupid not to, as would every other CFL team in need of a franchise QB.

At the end of the day though this is a two horse race, and I suspect Edmonton's got the inside track.
      They have the inside track because they can toss offers at him while no one else can, but I do think Reilly will pick the Esks when all said and done.

Comment

Originally posted by Magnum View Post

They have the inside track because they can toss offers at him while no one else can, but I do think Reilly will pick the Esks when all said and done.
        I have a feeling that's the way it will play out too, I know Mike's close with Hervey but it's the coaches he's got to work with every day, not the GM, and on that note, I think he's better off sticking with Maas and Macsymik than starting fresh with a defensive guy in Claybrooks, and a somewhat unproven OC in Jarious Jackson.

All depends how much faith he has in Sunderland to put a winning team together around him.

Comment

I have a feeling that's the way it will play out too, I know Mike's close with Hervey but it's the coaches he's got to work with every day, not the GM, and on that note, I think he's better off sticking with Maas and Macsymik than starting fresh with a defensive guy in Claybrooks, and a somewhat unproven OC in Jarious Jackson.

All depends how much faith he has in Sunderland to put a winning team together around him.
          Jackson was Reillyís QB coach/ passing game co-ordinator in 2014-2015 so there would be some familiarity there that may be to BCís advantage.

Comment

Reilly will likely go to the city with the best milliner and haberdashery, priorities donít you know!
            Press here to reset

Comment

I like the Phillip Lolley hire -

never understood why he was never properly appointed as our DC

thought he did a very good job when he took over from Reinbold in Hamilton -

Comment

Originally posted by RiderHard View Post

The two horses being Edmonton and Saskatchewan? Or were you meaning BC?
                I don't think I'd be looking towards the gong show in BC, what was their first big move? Suspending the coffee guy? They can't even keep their front office staff in line.

If I were the #1 QB in the league, and my team couldn't even make the playoffs, I MIGHT consider making a move and playing for the coaching staff that got me a ring - and will pay me the big dollars.
                Doesn't hurt that the fans in Saskatchewan are also smarter and better looking.

why do some of you state this like you think it gives the riders any sort of advantage?
                he's getting the big bucks no matter where he goes. that's probably the last thing he has on his list when deciding where to play.

Comment

Originally posted by GordonBlue View Post

why do some of you state this like you think it gives the riders any sort of advantage?
                  he's getting the big bucks no matter where he goes. that's probably the last thing he has on his list when deciding where to play.
                  he's looking for someone who will pay him 600k is my guess - and I for one DON"T want that to be the Riders - we need an average QB with a great team around him - finding average has been tough enough - we don't need to pay the Best QB in the league and surround him with Crap because he eats too much cap - saw that show in EDM from the time the Cap came in to the time Ray left and they brought in an affordable QB who GREW into the best in the league

if my guess about his salary ceiling is correct that is - I think he will cripple the team that signs him

Comment

Interesting comment from Justin Dunk;
                    A no brainer IMHO.

Comment

Originally posted by McGreen View Post

A no brainer IMHO.
                      OK lets do the math - we know ZC got way too much at 420-450 - I try to forget and we know Bridge got overpaid at about what 180? and lets keep Watford as a constant to make the evaluation easy

if we had 630,000 tied up in our #1 and #2 - it would be possible to pay Reilly 600 - keep Watford - but then we are stuck with only about 30K available for a backup without looking for Cash from other positions

Eguovoen is gone but he was not making much dough so not much to gain there if any - Roosevelt/Holley might have to be the sacrifices on O to make up the difference to have any kind of backup QB - Maybe Coleman or Clark/Labatt on the OL? Just spit balling here

Hughes could go on D - that might save a Labatt -

but its tough - I guess if we had to sacrifice Roosevelt/Holley/Hughes to have the cash needed - it might be worth it - which is not what I was first thinking

if we have to cut Labatt - it makes it tougher

thoughts?

Comment

Originally posted by Rotor View Post

OK lets do the math - we know ZC got way too much at 420-450 - I try to forget and we know Bridge got overpaid at about what 180? and lets keep Watford as a constant to make the evaluation easy

if we had 630,000 tied up in our #1 and #2 - it would be possible to pay Reilly 600 - keep Watford - but then we are stuck with only about 30K available for a backup without looking for Cash from other positions

Eguovoen is gone but he was not making much dough so not much to gain there if any - Roosevelt/Holley might have to be the sacrifices on O to make up the difference to have any kind of backup QB - Maybe Coleman or Clark/Labatt on the OL? Just spit balling here

Hughes could go on D - that might save a Labatt -

but its tough - I guess if we had to sacrifice Roosevelt/Holley/Hughes to have the cash needed - it might be worth it - which is not what I was first thinking

if we have to cut Labatt - it makes it tougher

thoughts?
                        Holley was cut a few weeks ago I believe
                        Rider QB Scrappin in Full Swing

Comment

From what I've heard / read, the pull to BC is because it is a family thing, and not a Hervey thing.

Comment

Originally posted by RDavidson View Post

From what I've heard / read, the pull to BC is because it is a family thing, and not a Hervey thing.
                            It's a combination of both.

Comment

If Hervey lands Reilly I expect them to be the (very early) division favourite. That team has some serious weapons for Reilly to thrive with. With (hopefully) no BLM, Reilly with also be head and shoulders above whatever other Average Joeís are trotted out by CGY/EDM/SSK and WPG. Though Winnipeg may have a slight edge on those other three.
                              Reilly had "serious weapons" last year too

Comment

It's a combination of both.
                                That's surprising as I find Hervey's personality that of a banana republic dictator. I can't stand the guy, and never have and never will.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                                No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X