Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

Register

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dressler

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Merle View Post
    I say bring back Dressler for a two year contract and let him retire a rider. The riders desperatately need a quality seasoned veteran to lead young guys. Roosevelt is good but Dressler just goes that extra mile to hype up a squad.
    not going to happen but that little bugger knows how to get open !

Comment

Originally posted by jlh2640 View Post
      Jones will never admit he is wrong or bring him back
      why would he when he wasn't? 220 or 240 or whatever and his agent straight up said he expected the contract to be honored in full. No GM could honor that.
      #keepthepromise

Everybody knows you never go full Gary.

Comment

Dresser would end up being a direct replacement for Rob Bagg, locker room leader who didnít get a sniff on the field. Still a fan of everything Dressler did in Green but no chance this gets any traction.
        Press here to reset

Comment

Originally posted by Pull my Finger View Post
          Dresser would end up being a direct replacement for Rob Bagg, locker room leader who didnít get a sniff on the field. Still a fan of everything Dressler did in Green but no chance this gets any traction.
          Probably better odds on us bringing back the Hawaiian Punch (and those odds aren't great).
          You matter. Unless you multiply yourself by the speed of light squared... ...then you energy.

Comment

Dressler is pretty fragile the last several years. One time a great player and now only when healthy which is now an issue. It is unfortunate that he left because he then had more in the tank. One of the truly great clutch players and probably one of the best pure pass catchers I have seen.

Comment

Originally posted by mikejth View Post
              Dressler won't come back, he knows how Jones works and doesn't want any part of it.
              "Knows how Jones works."

mikejth with more CJ love.

Comment

Originally posted by Coastal green View Post
                Letís bring back Kevin Glenn too
                I was waiting for a DD thread. LOL!

Comment

Originally posted by Merle View Post
                  I say bring back Dressler for a two year contract and let him retire a rider. The riders desperatately need a quality seasoned veteran to lead young guys. Roosevelt is good but Dressler just goes that extra mile to hype up a squad.
                  The only way I see this happening is if ODay is in charge and if tat is the case Dressler would prob be one of our better players. Hell DD might even make a come back.

Comment

Originally posted by The Hold View Post

So you are saying Dressler has a problem with success?
                    That was my first thought as well. I guess he is saying Dressler dont like to win!

Comment

Remember, the price tag for Dressler to like Regina was $240k. Anything less than that plus a free Titan truck to drive and he is not interested in the Riders or their fans.
                      Rider QB Scrappin in Full Swing

Comment

Dressler talking to Bagg will likely eliminate any chance of him returning. I don't believe Bagg received the respect he had earned this last year and I'm not sure Dressler would.

Comment

Originally posted by CooCooCaChew View Post
                          Dressler talking to Bagg will likely eliminate any chance of him returning. I don't believe Bagg received the respect he had earned this last year and I'm not sure Dressler would.
                          The respect he had earned? Give me a break. I love bagg, but He got a paycheck for the year for doing absolutely nothing. No one else was signing him.

Comment

Originally posted by The Hold View Post

So you are saying Dressler has a problem with success?
                            He does seem happy in Winnipeg

Comment

The Dressler ship has sailed. From our perspective we have several young guys under contract that at times showed some varying degrees of promise. If we want a "vet" around I hope it's Roosevelt.

I am just tired of him having his way with our defence so if he's not in Winnipeg I kinda hope he retires. He's had some huge games against us.

He will be back in green and white soon enough when he gets ushered into the plazoo. It'll make a few heads here explode and they'll reference 2015 while they shake their fists and yell at the clouds but the majority of fans will be really pleased to have him on the Mosaic turf in a Rider jersey that weekend to give him recognition for being one of the team's all time best receivers and certainly the best since I started watching the team.

Comment

Originally posted by Attempt View Post

He does seem happy in Winnipeg
                                Honestly, I make fun of Winnipeg too but from a player perspective I bet it's an alright place to play. The fans care about the team and generally draw good crowds. They have one of the best stadiums in the CFL with some good amenities and from Dressler's perspective it's close to home. They haven't had the success of Calgary but since he's been there they've probably been the second strongest franchise in the division.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                                No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X