Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

Register

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tillman out as GM of Ticats, to be named V-P of the Schooners

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Pull my Finger View Post
    I wonder? If ET were to visit Regina as part of his duties for the Schooners and he ran into some football fans, if he were face to face with these fans and extended his hand in friendship, how many would turn their backs and how many would look the man in the eye and shake his hand?

I think he would make a fine hire by the Schooners.
    On one of the first games in the new stadium in 17 I saw him inexplicably hanging around the pre-opening entrance crowd by himself presumably looking for just that.

Most ignored him, the odd guy said hi.

Comment

• Originally posted by squish View Post

On one of the first games in the new stadium in 17 I saw him inexplicably hanging around the pre-opening entrance crowd by himself presumably looking for just that.

I have been out in public with him - the number of people who see him just walking down the street in Regina and actually stop their cars and get out and come over to talk to him is ridiculous - and never once has it been a negative thing
      I told the story of Arash Madani at the U of R basket ball game - pretty much how it goes - happy to see him - or don't know him so just walk by

Comment

• Originally posted by Rotor View Post

Three police recordings were made of conversations between Eric and the girl
        the transcripts of which were put before the judge

"The girl subsequently made three phone calls to Tillman, all of which were taped by police as part of their investigation into the assault."

http://www.canada.com/sports/Tearful...018/story.html

so when the Judge said "I am of the view that Mr. Tillman's behaviour was out of character for him and that no further steps are required to deter or rehabilitate Mr. Tillman or to protect society," said Hinds

and when he said
        "In this case there's no suggestion that Mr. Tillman is not generally of good character," Hinds said. https://www.ctvnews.ca/tillman-gets-absolute-discharge-in-sex-assault-case-1.470909

the judge clearly had the information

the judge is an actual person - the prosecutor was an actual person - their statements are all public and can be verified -

it has been 10 years - its time to either name these faceless nameless people - who are saying things completely negated by the judges public comments - or shut the hell up

and be thankful that your actual identity is hidden having already made very public written statements claiming the existence of text messages - which is BS

I also would like to highlight this gem of yours" "
        The other has extensive experience investigating crimes against children"

you are now alleging that someone within the police Investigation inappropriately used their position to access information which you allege the judge may not be aware of and then in a violation of police protocols disclosed the details of "non public" information regarding the investigation directly to you - WOW
        I have no knowledge of a text so won't comment on it. But a couple of things you are either ignoring or trying to twist to your advantage. One the judge had the agreed statement of facts in front of him, which included transcripts of the conversations, which were used as substantiation for the statement of fact that it was an "unusual" occurrence (my words) and that Tillman never denied it but indicated he couldn't remember it - basically 3 times. But that doesn't mean the judge also had all of the investigation notes and interviews, he had just what was presented to him. Which was agreed to by both Tillman's side and Prosecutors side. If the judge had any reason to question the validity of the information he could have asked for more, but he didn't, he accepted the statement of facts as presented.

Now onto the other part of the twist nowhere did the poster say the persons he was referring to were directly involved in the investigation. He indicated that they had seen transcripts of communications. You know as well as I do, that there is significantly more information that doesn't come out in trails that gets leaked. Who leaks it, could be someone close to the investigation, or someone in records who isn't happy with the outcome. It is no difference between that and confidential contract negotiations that go on. Things get leaked, get off your high horse.

Comment

• Originally posted by squish View Post

Thanks
          Press here to reset

Comment

• I have much more faith in the Schooners becoming a reality now than I did before they hired Tillman. Looks like they are the real deal. Smart to boot.

Comment

• Originally posted by mikejth View Post

I have no knowledge of a text so won't comment on it. But a couple of things you are either ignoring or trying to twist to your advantage. One the judge had the agreed statement of facts in front of him, which included transcripts of the conversations, which were used as substantiation for the statement of fact that it was an "unusual" occurrence (my words) and that Tillman never denied it but indicated he couldn't remember it - basically 3 times. But that doesn't mean the judge also had all of the investigation notes and interviews, he had just what was presented to him. Which was agreed to by both Tillman's side and Prosecutors side. If the judge had any reason to question the validity of the information he could have asked for more, but he didn't, he accepted the statement of facts as presented.

Now onto the other part of the twist nowhere did the poster say the persons he was referring to were directly involved in the investigation. He indicated that they had seen transcripts of communications. You know as well as I do, that there is significantly more information that doesn't come out in trails that gets leaked. Who leaks it, could be someone close to the investigation, or someone in records who isn't happy with the outcome. It is no difference between that and confidential contract negotiations that go on. Things get leaked, get off your high horse.
              on part one
              if you want to say I don't know the content - given my clear access - don't pretend you know the the content

don't pretend there is some super incriminating case evidence that the prosecutor left out - based on a super top secret friend of a friend who somehow gained access to case information that you think may possibly maybe have not been put before the judge

what we know is what is public - what the judge said - the rest is completely unsubstantiated rumor - don't pretend you or any other person had more knowledge than the judge and prosecutor

yes things get leaked - when its CFL news its TRIVIA

when it claims to be confidential information from a criminal investigation which was never made public - seemingly suppressed by the prosecutor and never put in the view of a judge - that I may be mistaken but I believe it is a breach of duty by the prosecutor and I believe a criminal act by the person who leaked it - perhaps a lawyer can tell us

Comment

• Didn't we have a massive thread about Tillman and all this stuff almost 10 years ago??...why are we rehashing all this junk...congrats on the new job and GL in the maritimes
                Simply amazing Riders...Simply...Facking...Amazing!

Comment

• WTF is happening to this forum.

Comment

• Originally posted by hospitalbed View Post
                    WTF is happening to this forum.
                    its the off season...kind of happens every year

Comment

• Originally posted by greenale View Post

its the off season...kind of happens every year
                      No mods in the offseason?

Every thread turns into pissups and personal attacks.

Comment

• Originally posted by hospitalbed View Post

No mods in the offseason?

Every thread turns into pissups and personal attacks.
                        Ya but keep in mind they don't get paid and it would be a lot of work, they are also here just to discuss football and have some fun with it...I would not want to be a mod. There are normally a few common posters involved...probably easiest to put them on time out...although most of them have been and it doesn't seem to work.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dart Guy View Post
                          Didn't we have a massive thread about Tillman and all this stuff almost 10 years ago??...why are we rehashing all this junk...congrats on the new job and GL in the maritimes
                          exactly. I thought the schooners was a pipe dream...this has my hopes up

Comment

• Originally posted by Slowhand View Post
                            I have much more faith in the Schooners becoming a reality now than I did before they hired Tillman. Looks like they are the real deal. Smart to boot.
                            The money guy from Sask is a is a smart cookie - just waiting on City approval I believe on the stadium and if that were to unexpectedly fall through I believe there is already a backup plan

Comment

• Originally posted by greenale View Post

exactly. I thought the schooners was a pipe dream...this has my hopes up
                              its been what 30 years in the making?

Comment

• Originally posted by Bingo_Arms View Post
                                Lol. Are we really supposed to believe Eric Tillman only “learned how to send a text message” a couple of years ago? Despite where one sits on this I call complete BS. That or ET simply was lying to Rotor, again.
                                Not that hard to believe. I would put myself around ET's age and personally I only started to text message about a year and a half ago around the same time I got my first "smart phone". Up to then not only did I not know how to text message there was no need as all cell phone communication was via voice calls.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                                No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X