Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

Register

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sam E released to pursue NFL

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sam E is a stud defensive player IMO; but Bighill was so in the CFL too and only lasted a year in the NFL on the PR mostly; best of luck to Sam - hope he can land on an NFL team that gives him a real shot and recognises his talent. Same for Singleton & Thurman; heard Chris Ackie has also had an NFL look recently = that's 4 real good CFL linebackers = tough losses for the CFL if they get to stick down there; but opens up the door for some new talent = how i would look at it; as opposed to overly lamenting the losses.

Comment

Another one...........

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by CC Ryder View Post
          Sam E is a stud defensive player IMO; but Bighill was so in the CFL too and only lasted a year in the NFL on the PR mostly; best of luck to Sam - hope he can land on an NFL team that gives him a real shot and recognises his talent. Same for Singleton & Thurman; heard Chris Ackie has also had an NFL look recently = that's 4 real good CFL linebackers = tough losses for the CFL if they get to stick down there; but opens up the door for some new talent = how i would look at it; as opposed to overly lamenting the losses.
          Bighill size was his biggest issue down south.
          Height 5'-10"
          Weight 230 lbs

Eguavoen is 6'-0" and down that 2" is a big measurable.

Comment

Sam E should at the very least earn a special teams spot. He also has the talent to cover space in the pass game as an important advantage. Good luck to him.

Comment

Originally posted by mrdiehard View Post
              Sam E should at the very least earn a special teams spot. He also has the talent to cover space in the pass game as an important advantage. Good luck to him.
              Sam E is also young. He has been improving year-year

Comment

Originally posted by RAJ47 View Post

Sam E is also young. He has been improving year-year
                Yes and yes.

Naylor pointed out that 80% of the players signing NFL contracts end up back in the CFL. I donít expect Sam to be in that 80%, I really think he will stick .... and Iím beyond happy for him.

Comment

Originally posted by Bingo_Arms View Post

Yes and yes.

Naylor pointed out that 80% of the players signing NFL contracts end up back in the CFL. I donít expect Sam to be in that 80%, I really think he will stick .... and Iím beyond happy for him.
                  Someone's reading twitter.

Comment

Originally posted by Rider_Stronson View Post

Someone's reading twitter.

Yep. Saw that comment from Naylor on Twitter. Wasn't sure it came from Penton but he's actually one of my favourite CFL journalists. I don't post what he says here on the Athletic as it's a paid site but his articles are worth the cheap monthly subscription alone IMO.

Stamp fans are giddy at the moment because Bo hasn't signed anywhere. They view it as a sign he's coming back. Dunk nailed it when he stated that Bo has the luxury of being picky and waiting to see how a few things fall in line.

Comment

Just heard on Green zone that Sam E signed in Miami with the Dolphins.

Comment

https://mobile.twitter.com/MiamiDolp...89347834449920

Comment

Miami Dolphins Sign Eguavoen

MIAMI GARDENS, Fla. Ė The Miami Dolphins today announced they have signed linebacker Sam Eguavoen to a reserve/futures contract.

Eguavoen played the past three seasons (2015-18) with the Saskatchewan Roughriders of the Canadian Football League, where he appeared in 38 games. His career totals in the CFL include 159 tackles, four sacks, one interception and two forced fumbles. Eguavoen played in all 18 games during the 2018 season, totaling 81 tackles, three sacks, two forced fumbles and one interception. He played collegiately at Texas Tech from 2011-14 and was an honorable mention All-Big 12 selection as a senior in 2014.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                          No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
                          No announcement yet.
                          Working...
                          X