Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

Register

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NFL Signings have started?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NFL Signings have started?

Didn't take long. Just saw a post over on Esks fans that showed a tweet from Jake Ceresna saying he has signed with the New York Giants.

Guess that means the real nail chewing by CFL fans of all teams can officially begin!

The key for all being whether they get substantial signing bonuses

Comment

Originally posted by gpridernut View Post
      The key for all being whether they get substantial signing bonuses
      Substantial signing bonuses are a thing of the past for these types of signings. They're big enough to make a difference to the CFL player but not big enough to make a difference to an NFL team deciding who to cut between 2 players, one with no bonus and another with $30K bonus and both to make $520K in salary. The 2019 NFL salary cap is projected to be from $187M to $191.1M. In the end all the player wants is the chance to go to training camp and prove himself.

Comment

Originally posted by Hambone View Post

Substantial signing bonuses are a thing of the past for these types of signings. They're big enough to make a difference to the CFL player but not big enough to make a difference to an NFL team deciding who to cut between 2 players, one with no bonus and another with $30K bonus and both to make $520K in salary. The 2019 NFL salary cap is projected to be from $187M to $191.1M. In the end all the player wants is the chance to go to training camp and prove himself.
        I had no idea that the NFL salary cap is so large, almost 40x the CFL cap. No wonder most NFL teams don't really place a lot of value on CFL players, especially when salary is used as a measure of talent.

Lionbacker

Comment

Yeah I saw that guy signed with the giants, but never heard of him

Comment

Come on Bo Levi! Pick a team and sign!

Comment

Originally posted by Bingo_Arms View Post
              Come on Bo Levi! Pick a team and sign!

Comment

Originally posted by DanoT View Post

I had no idea that the NFL salary cap is so large, almost 40x the CFL cap. No wonder most NFL teams don't really place a lot of value on CFL players, especially when salary is used as a measure of talent.
                that also includes their injured lists. I dont think they have a CFL like 6 game IR.

Arron Rogers will be like $30M of $180M salary cap.

Comment

Ceresnaís good. Bladek had a real tough time handling him.

Comment

Originally posted by DanoT View Post

A $30K signing bonus in the NFL is loosely the equivalent of a $900 signing bonus in the CFL in terms of cap hit.

Comment

The top 6 QB's by average annual value each failed to make the postseason this year. Even when you think you have a good one and pay them the big bucks it just may not happen for you. From ESPN twitter.

Click image for larger version

Name:	nflqb.PNG
Views:	1
Size:	809.5 KB
ID:	382920

Comment

Most everyone is surprised it was Ceresna who signed in the NFL first as he only had one workout in the NFL.......and with the Giants whom he signed with. But sometimes all it takes is one.

Comment

Originally posted by Rider_Stronson View Post
                          Most everyone is surprised it was Ceresna who signed in the NFL first as he only had one workout in the NFL.......and with the Giants whom he signed with. But sometimes all it takes is one.
                          Iíll be doing cartwheels when you post the tweet that Bo Mitchell has signed with someone.

Comment

Originally posted by painter View Post
                            The top 6 QB's by average annual value each failed to make the postseason this year. Even when you think you have a good one and pay them the big bucks it just may not happen for you. From ESPN twitter.

Click image for larger version

Name:	nflqb.PNG
Views:	1
Size:	809.5 KB
ID:	382920
                            You could add Mike Reilly to that list, at the smaller scale CFL. This is why I believe the Riders need to improve many areas of the offense, not only the qb spot.

Comment

Originally posted by painter View Post

Click image for larger version  Name:	nflqb.PNG Views:	1 Size:	809.5 KB ID:	382920
                              To me this demonstrates that itís very difficult to win when you have a huge portion of your salary cap dedicated to one player. I think it weakens the team too much.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                              No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X