Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

Register

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jones on NFL radar

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Giventofly View Post
    Wow. Big name for the Green Zone.

Im wondering if maybe there really is something to this. Would also explain why an extension hasn’t been done.

Comment

Just listened to the radio. La Confora's original tweet had more hype to it than the interview. Doesn't sound like a ton of smoke there. After hearing the interview which was just on CJME, I'm much more chill about it now.

Comment

Originally posted by Rider_Stronson View Post
        Just listened to the radio. La Confora's original tweet had more hype to it than the interview. Doesn't sound like a ton of smoke there. After hearing the interview which was just on CJME, I'm much more chill about it now.
        Yep, he had no sources, sounds like he just made it up.

Comment

I believe the average NFL D coordinator makes around US $1 million. Jones takes a pay cut this year due to salary cap.

Comment

I can see CJ be a serious candidate for a defensive co-ordinator job.He knows defence and the players required to make defence work.

Comment

Comment

Chris is no doubt an ambitious younger coach. I think many would agree that he is or will be a candidate for US College and NFL opportununiti8es.

I believe that his gift to the franchise will be the players as the team has generally upgraded its starters and depth. This is the greatest legacy one can pass on when you leave.

With a coach it is not if but when you go.

Appreciate CJ I think while he is here.

Comment

sounded like a whole lotta nothing IMO. and he had literally nothing when it came to positions aside from head coach.

Comment

Originally posted by Stormer View Post
                    I believe the average NFL D coordinator makes around US $1 million. Jones takes a pay cut this year due to salary cap.
                    $1M USD =.$1.4M CDN probably 2.5X what he makes and that's before CDN & SK income taxes take their piece of the action versus whatever US and state income taxes.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mcintosh View Post
                      sounded like a whole lotta nothing IMO. and he had literally nothing when it came to positions aside from head coach.
                      Yep. Sounded a lot to me like La Confora was merely saying Chris Jones has been vetted. Big whoop. He and others in the CFL have been vetted in the past, will be vetted now, and will be vetted in the future. If it wasn't so, the NFL teams wouldn't be doing their jobs.

Comment

• Listening to the interview some teams have “kicked the tires” just checking Jones out. As LaCanfora said he asked for a name nonone is talking about. Good job by him to get a unique story.

i agree that if something happens when all the head coaches are in place and someone might put Jones on the radar as a DC

Comment

• Originally posted by Rider_Stronson View Post

Yep. Sounded a lot to me like La Confora was merely saying Chris Jones has been vetted. Big whoop. He and others in the CFL have been vetted in the past, will be vetted now, and will be vetted in the future. If it wasn't so, the NFL teams wouldn't be doing their jobs.
                          I think it would be natural for teams that were actually doing a search for a new HC to explore all avenues. Someone not in the NFL system would be a real long shot getting the HC job.

Comment

• NFL not keeping up with the Jones'

https://torontosun.com/sports/footba...r-and-stranger

COACH-SEARCH INTERVIEWS: The eight NFL clubs in search of a new head coach are interviewing candidates left and right, nearly one week into their off-seasons.

According to myriad reports and in some cases the clubs themselves, here’s who have interviewed where thus far, or have interviews lined up (with known interview dates in parentheses), or at least have supposedly drawn keen interest from those clubs:
                            • ARIZONA CARDINALS: ex-Dolphins head coach Adam Gase, Saints assistant head coach Dan Campbell, ex-Colts/Lions head coach Jim Caldwell, Chiefs offensive coordinator Eric Bienemy, Rams quarterbacks coach Zac Taylor.
                            • CINCINNATI BENGALS: Bienemy (Saturday), Buccaneers offensive coordinator Todd Monken, current Bengals assistants Hue Jackson, Bill Lazor and Darrin Simmons, ex-Broncos head coach Vance Joseph, Rams pass-game coordinator Shane Waldron, Taylor.
                            • CLEVELAND BROWNS: Ex-Packers head coach Mike McCarthy (rescheduled to next week from Thursday), Browns interim head coach Gregg Williams (Tuesday), Browns interim offensive coordinator Freddie Kitchens, Patriots defensive coordinator Brian Flores, Caldwell, Colts defensive coordinator Matt Eberfulus (Sunday), Steelers offensive-line coach Mike Munchak, Colts offensive coordinator Nick Sirianni, Vikings interim offensive coordinator Kevin Stefanski.
                            • DENVER BRONCOS: Ex-Colts head coach Chuck Pagano, Munchak, Taylor, Bears defensive coordinator Vic Fangio, Flores.
                            • GREEN BAY PACKERS: Patriots offensive coordinator Josh McDaniels (Friday), Flores (Friday), Campbell (Saturday), Saints offensive coordinator Pete Carmichael (Saturday), Titans offensive coordinator Matt LaFleur (Sunday), Gase (Sunday), Caldwell, Pagano, Munchak.
                            • MIAMI DOLPHINS: Flores (Friday), Bienemy (Friday), Saints defensive coordinator Dennis Allen (Saturday), Cowboys defensive-backs coach Kris Richard (Sunday), Dolphins special-teams coordinator Darren Rizzi (TBD), Fangio.
                            • NEW YORK JETS: Bienemy (Wednesday), Gase (Friday), McCarthy (Saturday), McCarthy (Saturday), Richard (Sunday), Baylor University head coach Matt Rhule (this weekend), Monken.
                            • TAMPA BAY BUCCANEERS: Bruce Arians (Saturday), Bienemy, Richard (Sunday), Vikings defensive coordinator George Edwards.

Comment

• Article from Gasson on 3DN

https://3downnation.com/2019/01/06/c...r-2019-riders/

Interesting quote here;

Another way this could go, and my gut says this might happen, is this is Jones’ last season in the CFL. Not because of poor performance, but because he feels his resume is ready to head south for either a high profile job in the NCAA or somewhere in the NFL.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bingo_Arms View Post
                                Article from Gasson on 3DN

https://3downnation.com/2019/01/06/c...r-2019-riders/

Interesting quote here;

What is considered a "high profile" job in the NCAA?

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                                No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X