Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

Register

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jones on NFL radar

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jones on NFL radar

Jason LaCanfora just tweeted that at least 2 NFL teams have Jones on their radar for a hire so he may not be here after all

Jason La Canfora@JasonLaCanfora
    In a year were teams may go to lengths and look in unique directions for a head coach, keep an eye on Chris Jones the coach / GM of Saskatchewan in the CFL. At least two NFL teams have done extensive research on the highly successful coach who has 4 Grey Cup Rings with 4 teams
    1:37 PM - Dec 31, 2018

Comment

First of all, furnishing the tweet would be nice so ppl could judge for themselves and the context. Secondly, NFL teams are not doing their job if they haven't vetted CJ yet. And others in our league that are here presently. My opinion but I'd be more concerned about a lower level college program scooping up CJ than the NFL. The NFL jobs are uber competitive and there's no question that the Marc Trestman experience has left a lasting impression.

Comment

Originally posted by Rider_Stronson View Post
        First of all, furnishing the tweet would be nice so ppl could judge for themselves and the context. Secondly, NFL teams are not doing their job if they haven't vetted CJ yet. And others in our league that are here presently. My opinion but I'd be more concerned about a lower level college program scooping up CJ than the NFL. The NFL jobs are uber competitive and there's no question that the Marc Trestman experience has left a lasting impression.
        I put the tweet in the 2nd post, and while I agree, I found it interesting that his name is even mentioned at this point.

Comment

Originally posted by jlh2640 View Post

I put the tweet in the 2nd post, and while I agree, I found it interesting that his name is even mentioned at this point.
          I believe he's been looked at prior to this. Just not publicized.

Comment

Originally posted by Rider_Stronson View Post

I believe he's been looked at prior to this. Just not publicized.
            Probably, I just thought if he wants to coach in the NFL it would be through the coordinator role before hand

Comment

Originally posted by jlh2640 View Post

Probably, I just thought if he wants to coach in the NFL it would be through the coordinator role before hand
              I haven't checked in the last couple of hours but there have already been 6 NFL HCs canned since yesterday's slate of games. Tack on the Packers already looking and Cleveland possibly looking if they don't remove the interime tag from Williams and that's as many as 8 HC jobs to fill and as each often comes with a house cleaning lots of Coordinator positions. It's funny how some credit Jones for leaving no stone unturned but don't think NFL teams are willing to do the same.

Comment

It's a no-brainer that a coach that successful wouldn't get NFL interest. Ditto Dave Dickenson who's essentially an offensive genius...or at least a rocket scientist which he actually is.

Comment

I don't know if Jones would be considered an HC, but if he's willing to make the move I wonder if anyone would consider him as a DC.

Comment

Yes, the NFL is big money, but is Jones ready to give up all the control? He's not just a head coach here.

Comment

Riders Chris Jones could be a candidate for NFL job: report

Comment

Well, at least CJ has been grooming McAdoo to take his place here. #sustainedsuccess.
                        Riderfans - Came for the info... stayed for the drama.

Comment

Originally posted by Hambone View Post

I haven't checked in the last couple of hours but there have already been 6 NFL HCs canned since yesterday's slate of games. Tack on the Packers already looking and Cleveland possibly looking if they don't remove the interime tag from Williams and that's as many as 8 HC jobs to fill and as each often comes with a house cleaning lots of Coordinator positions. It's funny how some credit Jones for leaving no stone unturned but don't think NFL teams are willing to do the same.

Comment

Well that would be quite the turn of events. Not to put the cart before the horse here but I wonder if he has a NFL out in his contract and if not I wonder if Reynolds would let him out. Although not letting him out means a strained relationship.

Anyways don’t want to get too carried away on speculation.
                            Rider QB Scrappin in Full Swing

Comment

Man you’d think CJ would finish out 2019 as we are cutting it close here before he goes if he is

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                              No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X