Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

Register

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Season ticket early bird renewal rate

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Bingo_Arms View Post

The people that really got hit were those that were in blues. What happened is blues were the second highest price group in the old stadium and then became part of the highest group (golds) in the new stadium. The Riders did transition that price increase and apply it over two years but that section was what felt the biggest increases due to the team deciding that basically anything between roughly the 25's is "premium gold" seating.

The ticket prices generally speaking aren't that much higher in the new stadium. What has changed and decreased the value of being a season ticket holder today is ease of ticket availability. Back in the 2013 era, the years leading up to it etc the Riders were a hot ticket with regular sell outs. Now, with less capacity even, they rarely sell out. It's also pretty easy to get tickets below face value on game day meaning fans can pick and choose the games they go to and pay less than we do for our tickets. They just aren't in as much demand as they were five-ten years ago.
    Price is a big reason why tickets are in less demand.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cflgridiron View Post

There's tons of great seats available at entry level prices. I'd say price IS a reason, but not as big of a reason for the less demand argument. You can get an adult season ticket for $30/game ($12 of that is a facility fee). If $18/game is not affordable for a 3 hour outing, well, then I am out of touch with affordability.

It's almost comical that folks will complain about affordability when a whole season ticket is half the price of their monthly vehicle payment.

Comment

I do agree that plays into it as well. While the prices haven't skyrocketed in the new stadium, as an organization they've been steadily increasing them over the last decade. For the higher end tickets I have to think the Riders are near the max in terms of what they can really command for CFL football? I made the switch to 521 from the golds and the price of my two tickets are almost what one cost in gold prior. An added bonus was the concourse being better to navigate, I am five rows from that concourse instead of 30+ in my old seats and I've grown to like the view more than I thought.

I do agree with the comment from #1 fan though as well in that there are some affordable options. I realize Pil Country isn't for everyone but if a couple guys have no problem standing at the bar rails they can go stand right behind the people in golds that are paying 3-4 times the price. There are options.

Comment

I do agree that plays into it as well. While the prices haven't skyrocketed in the new stadium, as an organization they've been steadily increasing them over the last decade. For the higher end tickets I have to think the Riders are near the max in terms of what they can really command for CFL football? I made the switch to 521 from the golds and the price of my two tickets are almost what one cost in gold prior. An added bonus was the concourse being better to navigate, I am five rows from that concourse instead of 30+ in my old seats and I've grown to like the view more than I thought.
          I did the same thing last season. I had 4 endzone seats and 2 on the 50 yard line. I dropped the 50 yard line because the experience and value just wasn't there for me compared to the endzones (not to mention I generally gave the sideline tickets away to friends and family while sitting in other areas). This season, I dropped 2 of the 4 end zone tickets but will be purchasing groups of individual game tickets instead. There's a group of 4-6 of us that go to many games a year, however 2 or 3 times we'll have only 3 guys that can go to a game so that extra seat ends up being a burner. And Pil Country... Pil Country is such great value if you don't mind standing. We have a blast down there.

Comment

• Originally posted by #1Fan View Post

You must have been getting one heck of a loyalty discount on your Old Mosaic Season tickets if you only paid $1500/year "at most" for 4 tickets. 1 adult and 3 youth, or? I can't seem to figure out the math though in how you're paying $2900 in the New Stadium now. Did your 3 youth (kids) grow into adults?

Click image for larger version

Name:	Old.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	279.3 KB
ID:	420164

Click image for larger version

Name:	new.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	73.1 KB
ID:	420165
            Two adults two youths and parking. Now 4 adults and parking. Parking is 300 alone. A joke really!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Merle View Post

Two adults two youths and parking. Now 4 adults and parking. Parking is 300 alone. A joke really!!
              Well adding age changes and parking to the calculation certainly changes the original claim.

Comment

Well yeah, your tickets go up big with adults over kids. 300 for parking, but if you were doing good parking in the old barn it was likely about half (15 a game). you can't ignore that and then include it in the new stadium pricing. And unless walking or catching the bus is some issue, there is really no need to pay it at all. In the old stadium I get not wanting to walk really far, but the new stadium you get dropped off at the door.
                #keepthepromise

Onward with escaping the hopeless fantasy of an artificial freedom and darkened picket fences the disillusioned front of friendly foes

Comment

• Originally posted by Beacon.x View Post

Well yeah, your tickets go up big with adults over kids. 300 for parking, but if you were doing good parking in the old barn it was likely about half (15 a game). you can't ignore that and then include it in the new stadium pricing. And unless walking or catching the bus is some issue, there is really no need to pay it at all. In the old stadium I get not wanting to walk really far, but the new stadium you get dropped off at the door.
                  Need parking cause a lot of times barely make it to games after work.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mustard Tiger View Post

Well adding age changes and parking to the calculation certainly changes the original claim.
                    Well last year was 2300 from 1500 in old stadium. Had two youth tix last year. Thatís still a dramatic increase. Parking was 85 for 10 games. Thatís 8.50 a game to 30 a game. So I add that to what I pay yearly. Iíve had parking since they started to offer it. Sounds like there may not be parking availiable after this year according to ticket office when I renewed in December. So may not have to worry about it next year

Comment

I left my seats this year, but I'll still be at most games, paying a lot less than I was in the golds. The stadium has few bad seats, and I'll be getting other sections for the games instead. I think I'm far from the only one making this decision.

Comment

• Originally posted by squish View Post

I left my seats this year, but I'll still be at most games, paying a lot less than I was in the golds. The stadium has few bad seats, and I'll be getting other sections for the games instead. I think I'm far from the only one making this decision.
                        Youíre not the only one. I considered it but couldnít do it. Thing for you now Squish, you wonít get the same seats every game but youíll be able to grab golds, if you want them, for less than what the gold season ticket holders on here pay. More money in your pocket and you still get to see all or as many games as you choose. Same can be said for any colour section I suppose.

Comment

• Originally posted by squish View Post

Yeah, I carry an extra 4. Have for a few years. This should be the last season of it though. I'm not even sure what I paid this year, but it was over 10. Seriously considered a box.

I'm at the point I wouldn't mind being at the lake, but I don't think the wife will let us give them up
                          #keepthepromise

Onward with escaping the hopeless fantasy of an artificial freedom and darkened picket fences the disillusioned front of friendly foes

Comment

Youíre not the only one. I considered it but couldnít do it. Thing for you now Squish, you wonít get the same seats every game but youíll be able to grab golds, if you want them, for less than what the gold season ticket holders on here pay. More money in your pocket and you still get to see all or as many games as you choose. Same can be said for any colour section I suppose.
                            I don't mind that. I want to get a feel for the whole stadium not just from one spot. Hot day, I'll get seats on the shady side, opposite in the fall. If a group of friends are going, I can go in their group. Its just a lot more flexible, and as you said, I'll probably pay less in the long run.

Comment

Sounds like there may not be parking available after this year according to ticket office when I renewed in December.
                              Really? What's the story there?

Comment

• Originally posted by carmen16 View Post

Really? What's the story there?
                                Just hearing from one of the ladies when I renewed my tickets in December that Evraz may not renew the parking agreement with the riders. Could be totally a rumour though but thatís what she was saying so I donít know.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                                No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X