Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

Register

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Season ticket early bird renewal rate

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by McGreen View Post

    We will too.
    Atta boy, we shall get together for a drink or 5
    Rider QB Scrappin in Full Swing

    Comment


    • Originally posted by CalgaryRiderFan View Post
      I bought mine in 2013 and referred to it as a $ (can't remember the exact amount) gamble that the Riders would be in the game. I knew if we weren't, I either use it and watch 2 teams I don't care about, or God forbid watch the Stamps in the cup in Regina (again), or sell it for cents on the dollar or even give it away.
      I was still pretty new to the whole Grey Cup thing in 95 and a buddy came through with sidelines seats so I was looking to get rid of the endzone ticket i had. I figured no problem especially when Calgary got in thinking how easy it would be to sell (and just at face) to one of the many Stamp fans who would be wanting make the trip to the game. Nothing, ended up getting zero for that ticket. Yet tickets to the party at the Dome on Sat night were going for more than face that weekend. Grey Cup economics is weird.

      Although by 2020 it will have been 7 years I still think 2013 might be the biggest issue for early sales. The big thing when getting a Grey Cup at home is that thought "how cool will it be to win it at home". For many people know it's "been there".
      I will not be shocked to see the gold seats not bought up super fast if the pricing is more then what it was last time. With more hotel rooms I expect more fans will be able to travel for the GC in 2020.

      Having gone to 4 GC 2 with the Riders in it 2 without I have zero interest in paying and likely freezing to watch 2 other teams play in it. I will check out the festivities. I am on the fence regarding prebuying the GC tickets. The one factor is there will be almost 5000 less GC tickets so it may be harder to buy tickets if the Riders are in it.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Bigsexydawg View Post

        Atta boy, we shall get together for a drink or 5
        That would be great.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Bigsexydawg View Post

          I will buy the ticket and go to the game.
          I sat with my son and two brothers for the 2013 game. My daughter will likely come this time and so we will likely need 4 (or more) again this time. To ensure we can sit together, I will likely buy in advance.

          Comment


          • Would be great to be there for the week. Unfortunately by the time you factor in travel, hotel, meals, a few drinks, and tickets. The wife just might tell me to watch it at home. Or she might just be happy to have me gone for a week. Not sure how to play this one.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Edmontonriderfan33 View Post
              Would be great to be there for the week. Unfortunately by the time you factor in travel, hotel, meals, a few drinks, and tickets. The wife just might tell me to watch it at home. Or she might just be happy to have me gone for a week. Not sure how to play this one.
              Do what I do and take her along.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by McGreen View Post

                Do what I do and take her along.
                Smart travel planner here!

                Comment


                • Originally posted by McGreen View Post

                  Do what I do and take her along.
                  She is just not a sports fan

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Edmontonriderfan33 View Post

                    She is just not a sports fan
                    it's pretty close to the Casino... you can literally meet her there after the game...

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Cflgridiron View Post

                      I will not be shocked to see the gold seats not bought up super fast if the pricing is more then what it was last time. With more hotel rooms I expect more fans will be able to travel for the GC in 2020.

                      Having gone to 4 GC 2 with the Riders in it 2 without I have zero interest in paying and likely freezing to watch 2 other teams play in it. I will check out the festivities. I am on the fence regarding prebuying the GC tickets. The one factor is there will be almost 5000 less GC tickets so it may be harder to buy tickets if the Riders are in it.
                      After watching 2 consecutive years of Edmonton vs Montreal GCs I vowed to not go again unless the Riders were in it. I may change my mind as my Son and Daughter have never been yet, but if the prices or over 300 per, I doubt I will

                      Comment


                      • You know with all the new marketing for rider season tickets for sale suggests to me that maybe pricing is a little on the high side. Canít say didnít see this coming with new stadium. I would upgrade but quite simply can afford it. Iíll be staying in 109 for some time. My ticket prices from old stadium section 39 row 16 for four was 1500 a year at the most. Now in 109 itís $2900. Double!!! And sit in end zone instead of 15 yard line

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Merle View Post
                          You know with all the new marketing for rider season tickets for sale suggests to me that maybe pricing is a little on the high side. Canít say didnít see this coming with new stadium. I would upgrade but quite simply can afford it. Iíll be staying in 109 for some time. My ticket prices from old stadium section 39 row 16 for four was 1500 a year at the most. Now in 109 itís $2900. Double!!! And sit in end zone instead of 15 yard line
                          Yep, my seats were better in Sec 39 than they are now in 109.

                          It does seem there was zero push to sell season tickets until after the Grey Cup announcement was made.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Merle View Post
                            My ticket prices from old stadium section 39 row 16 for four was 1500 a year at the most. Now in 109 itís $2900. Double!!! And sit in end zone instead of 15 yard line
                            You must have been getting one heck of a loyalty discount on your Old Mosaic Season tickets if you only paid $1500/year "at most" for 4 tickets. 1 adult and 3 youth, or? I can't seem to figure out the math though in how you're paying $2900 in the New Stadium now. Did your 3 youth (kids) grow into adults?

                            Click image for larger version

Name:	Old.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	279.3 KB
ID:	420164

                            Click image for larger version

Name:	new.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	73.1 KB
ID:	420165

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by #1Fan View Post

                              You must have been getting one heck of a loyalty discount on your Old Mosaic Season tickets if you only paid $1500/year "at most" for 4 tickets. 1 adult and 3 youth, or? I can't seem to figure out the math though in how you're paying $2900 in the New Stadium now. Did your 3 youth (kids) grow into adults?

                              Click image for larger version

Name:	Old.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	279.3 KB
ID:	420164

                              Click image for larger version

Name:	new.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	73.1 KB
ID:	420165
                              Yeah, generally speaking, tickets didn't go up a whole heck of a lot in the new stadium. Mine even went down.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by CanuckRider View Post

                                Yeah, generally speaking, tickets didn't go up a whole heck of a lot in the new stadium. Mine even went down.
                                The people that really got hit were those that were in blues. What happened is blues were the second highest price group in the old stadium and then became part of the highest group (golds) in the new stadium. The Riders did transition that price increase and apply it over two years but that section was what felt the biggest increases due to the team deciding that basically anything between roughly the 25's is "premium gold" seating.

                                The ticket prices generally speaking aren't that much higher in the new stadium. What has changed and decreased the value of being a season ticket holder today is ease of ticket availability. Back in the 2013 era, the years leading up to it etc the Riders were a hot ticket with regular sell outs. Now, with less capacity even, they rarely sell out. It's also pretty easy to get tickets below face value on game day meaning fans can pick and choose the games they go to and pay less than we do for our tickets. They just aren't in as much demand as they were five-ten years ago.

                                Comment

                                Announcement

                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.

                                Announcement

                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X