Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

Register

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Season ticket early bird renewal rate

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Grebbi View Post

There is no way to see what seats are open right now (at least i don't know of a way to do that)
    I went to Riderville, Tickets, Season Tickets, Buy Tickets Now. It brings up the ticketmaster map. You can zoom in on a section to see open seats. It's not perfect (likely doesn't take into account a lot of the upgrade/downgrade activity live) but it's a start. For example, I can see 4 aisle seats in section 114 available along the 40-yard line.

Comment

• Originally posted by go riders View Post

I went to Riderville, Tickets, Season Tickets, Buy Tickets Now. It brings up the ticketmaster map. You can zoom in on a section to see open seats. It's not perfect (likely doesn't take into account a lot of the upgrade/downgrade activity live) but it's a start. For example, I can see 4 aisle seats in section 114 available along the 40-yard line.
      All singles although close together. I used the same map and like I said when I went in there are more available than what is shown on that map.

Comment

• I just got off the blower with a very nice lady at the ticket office ( didnít catch her name) but she was very helpful I managed to move our seats to an isle seat in the same section. We are still in section 122, moved from row 5 to row 9 . Sweet !

Comment

• Originally posted by Section 24 View Post

Based on personal experience, the rider's ticket office personnel treat their existing season ticket holders as if there is unlimited demand for tickets. My situation involved the worst customer service that I have ever received anywhere Not a good way to operate a business imho.
          I have had similar experiences at the ticket office wrt season ticket renewal. What should be simple answers to questions related to what should be a straight forward, documented process gets inconsistant, less than friendly, responses. I will say that the last lady I spoke with knew her job and was very friendly. This is not always the case. The Riders do not want to take any support for granted. I remember the save the team days when I could not give away my tickets.

Comment

• I've always had a positive experience with the Rider ticket office, but maybe that's because I'm so easy going

Comment

• Originally posted by Giventofly View Post
              I've always had a positive experience with the Rider ticket office, but maybe that's because I'm so easy going
              When I have had to deal with them my experiences have always been positive as well. My only complaint was when I had a child ticket and would need to upgrade it, it couldnít be done online and that I had to call in. The folks on the phone were fine to deal with but sometimes the wait times would be pretty lengthy - which was a bit frustrating for such a simple transaction that I should really have been able to do right from my app. The Riders are usually late to the game with innovation or technology but thatís not the fault of the girls working in the ticket office whoíve always been friendly IMO.

Comment

I've always had a positive experience with the Rider ticket office, but maybe that's because I'm so easy going
                You will have to believe that I am a very polite person at all times. It was the way I was raised by my parents. I am older, and have been doing business with the Rider Ticket Office on an annual basis for many years. Customer service has changed a lot since back in the day. In the end, we did not add a third season ticket to the minimum of two that we have had for 35 plus years. It is what it is.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bingo_Arms View Post

When I have had to deal with them my experiences have always been positive as well. My only complaint was when I had a child ticket and would need to upgrade it, it couldnít be done online and that I had to call in. The folks on the phone were fine to deal with but sometimes the wait times would be pretty lengthy - which was a bit frustrating for such a simple transaction that I should really have been able to do right from my app. The Riders are usually late to the game with innovation or technology but thatís not the fault of the girls working in the ticket office whoíve always been friendly IMO.
                  I found that problem as well. What I ended up doing was using the youth ticket anyways. If they caught it at the gate they walk you over to the info desk, which is 20 yards away from the gates, then you just paid the upgrade fee there. Quite quick and painless.

Comment

• I phoned in yesterday about a seat upgrade and want to say that the staff that answered was very accommodating and helpful. Since we are getting the Grey Cup we thought we might want to upgrade as we were not happy in section 516 because of being on the upper concourse and smack dab in the middle of a long row. It was difficult to get in and out of our seats during and after the game.

We now have seats in section 116 so it will be a big change and we do not sit side by side. The seats are both aisle seats one in row 6 and the other in row 7 so close enough to get bopped when I do something stupid. Do any of you on this forum sit in that section and can comment on things like are you ever in the sun and what the view is like? I am hoping it is not too low and I know it will not be under the roof however we will be able to see the fly overs now for real instead of watching the Maxtron. After 8 years it will be a little sad not to be sitting near people that we have got to know a little however having the freedom to get up and go to the washroom or concession whenever we want will be a bonus. I am sure the atmosphere will be different as well. I guess we can always go to the concourse and watch in the event of rain. Maybe they will surprise us with a roof for the 2020 Cup.

Comment

• Originally posted by inspector7 View Post
                      I phoned in yesterday about a seat upgrade and want to say that the staff that answered was very accommodating and helpful. Since we are getting the Grey Cup we thought we might want to upgrade as we were not happy in section 516 because of being on the upper concourse and smack dab in the middle of a long row. It was difficult to get in and out of our seats during and after the game.

We now have seats in section 116 so it will be a big change and we do not sit side by side. The seats are both aisle seats one in row 6 and the other in row 7 so close enough to get bopped when I do something stupid. Do any of you on this forum sit in that section and can comment on things like are you ever in the sun and what the view is like? I am hoping it is not too low and I know it will not be under the roof however we will be able to see the fly overs now for real instead of watching the Maxtron. After 8 years it will be a little sad not to be sitting near people that we have got to know a little however having the freedom to get up and go to the washroom or concession whenever we want will be a bonus. I am sure the atmosphere will be different as well. I guess we can always go to the concourse and watch in the event of rain. Maybe they will surprise us with a roof for the 2020 Cup.
                      You won't be getting out at the end of the game quicker. Friends of ours sit in row 5 section 117 and at the end of the game 26 rows above have to exit out first. Don't know your age but they are in their 60's and find the stairs hard going up and down a few times a game. They are trying to get moved up higher but they have less than 10 years seniority and also do not want to be stuck in the middle of a row.

Comment

I phoned in yesterday about a seat upgrade and want to say that the staff that answered was very accommodating and helpful. Since we are getting the Grey Cup we thought we might want to upgrade as we were not happy in section 516 because of being on the upper concourse and smack dab in the middle of a long row. It was difficult to get in and out of our seats during and after the game.

We are in row 10 of 116. You won't be under the roof, but rain gear works just fine. You may find it low after being up in the nose bleeds, but it is just a different perspective. You will be able to see what is going on on the Rider bench from there. As far as getting out of the game quickly, what's a few more minutes after three hours of football. As far as the stairs go, you should be in better shape when you get to your sixties if you walk the stairs a few times a game. Even if you are in your sixties stairs are a good idea for keeping in shape, just take your time.
                        Last edited by McGreen; 02-23-2019, 09:10 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by kbench55 View Post

I found that problem as well. What I ended up doing was using the youth ticket anyways. If they caught it at the gate they walk you over to the info desk, which is 20 yards away from the gates, then you just paid the upgrade fee there. Quite quick and painless.
                          The thing that doesn't make sense to me is charging $10 to upgrade from youth to senior. Both seats are the same price. To their credit, the ticket staff tried to find a way around it, but no luck. Maybe it was the cost of re-printing the ticket to read senior.

Comment

Last year I moved from 540 to 123. One thing you'll notice is the main level concourse and washrooms are far busier than the 500 level one. Up top I didn't have to wait for anything.

Comment

• Originally posted by green_machine_#1 View Post

Last year I moved from 540 to 123. One thing you'll notice is the main level concourse and washrooms are far busier than the 500 level one. Up top I didn't have to wait for anything.
                              I aim for the piss before and piss after principle. I restrict myself to one beer per game and I can generally avoid hitting the concourse during the game.

Comment

Casual fans are still fans and help pay the bills. No hard feeling at all
                                Not to mention, it's the business/service provider that must cater to customers/fans not the other way around.

The perception among a few friends that gave seasons up, rightly or wrongly, is that the Riders seemed to be preying on blind loyalty and nostalgia/history to justify increased prices while they raked in record profits. They are a business and I'm sure all pro sports do this to some extent, but feeling like an endless ATM gets old. Again, problably a pro sports thing in general.

If fans walk away, the Riders need to figure out how to get them back, or get others to start buying. Not really in tune with what the Riders efforts are in this regard, so not making a judgement either way.

Season ticket holder 2000-2015. Family and cost were major factors in not re-newing.
                                Last edited by Canyon11; 02-23-2019, 10:02 AM.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                                No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X