Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

Register

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jordan Williams-Lambert works out with Bears, NFL deal imminent

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Bingo_Arms View Post

There was on epoint where I was very bullish on Holley. Thought he was a great recruitment find, a young receiver who was ready to develop into a star in this league for a while and even considered getting his jersey. A couple years later and I am starting to think he's a band aid with a bad work ethic.
    From what I hear, his bad work ethic became an issue when he started being "influenced" by Duron Carter.
    Rider QB Scrappin in Full Swing

Comment

• Originally posted by CalgaryRiderFan View Post

This comment is golden
      Seems to be a lot of teams pouring water down Gainer's hole... hope nobody else snares him!

Comment

• Originally posted by Bingo_Arms View Post

There was on epoint where I was very bullish on Holley. Thought he was a great recruitment find, a young receiver who was ready to develop into a star in this league for a while and even considered getting his jersey. A couple years later and I am starting to think he's a band aid with a bad work ethic.
        I'm with you. I do think Carter influenced him in a negative manner, based on some rumblings. Holley is a super nice guy, and has a lot of potential, but he has been in the tub and soft at times. part of that is that perhaps they need to use him inside less.
        #keepthepromise

Everybody knows you never go full Gary.

Comment

• Originally posted by Beacon.x View Post

I'm with you. I do think Carter influenced him in a negative manner, based on some rumblings. Holley is a super nice guy, and has a lot of potential, but he has been in the tub and soft at times. part of that is that perhaps they need to use him inside less.
          Over the last 2 years there have been moments of "alligator" arms across the middle.
          Rider QB Scrappin in Full Swing

Comment

• Originally posted by Bigsexydawg View Post

Over the last 2 years there have been moments of "alligator" arms across the middle.
            This bugs me more than the injuries. A person can't control getting hurt. Some people are more injury prone that others. But I can think of two picks in the last 2 years (at least) that were avoidable if he didn't seem to make a business decision

Comment

• Originally posted by THE RULK View Post

I'm sure you wouldn't be as excited about him if his name was Eddie Nerdelbaum Frinklestein.

Glaaven!
              It looks like your little break since finals has done you some good. LOL

Comment

• Originally posted by CalgaryRiderFan View Post

This comment is golden
                I seem to recall one of their scouts had season tickets at Mosaic for a while (still?) and wrote a book about his adventures. No doubt playing the long game on Gainer.
                You matter. Unless you multiply yourself by the speed of light squared... ...then you energy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rider_Stronson View Post

The Riders love KD Cannon.
                  He is gonna get a few taunting penalties next year, and alot of yards.

Comment

• Released to sign, wonder if its the bears??

Comment

• I donít know about anyone else but I feel a little bit disgruntled about a situation where a player is under contract but because of other opportunities making him more money we let him go in order to pursue it. Iím not against pursuing opportunities in order to make better of your career but if youíre under contract youíre under contract. What good is the signatures on the contract if we canít uphold the meaning of it. It has gotten to the point where I donít want to buy a jersey anymore because I donít know if that player is even going to be on the team next year. Our turnover rate has gone way too far. No more having those types of players that you can cheer for year after year, thereís no stability in our teams anymore as far as our players go. Rant Over.

Comment

• Cannon, Moore, Lavoie, Holley, Rosie, Evans.. we should be fine, and Iím sure weíll bring more in.

Best of luck to you JWL.

Comment

• Originally posted by greenrider55 View Post
                          Cannon, Moore, Lavoie, Holley, Rosie, Evans.. we should be fine, and Iím sure weíll bring more in.

Best of luck to you JWL.
                          Need to re-sign Rosie first

Comment

• Originally posted by Go Greene & White View Post
                            I donít know about anyone else but I feel a little bit disgruntled about a situation where a player is under contract but because of other opportunities making him more money we let him go in order to pursue it. Iím not against pursuing opportunities in order to make better of your career but if youíre under contract youíre under contract. What good is the signatures on the contract if we canít uphold the meaning of it. It has gotten to the point where I donít want to buy a jersey anymore because I donít know if that player is even going to be on the team next year. Our turnover rate has gone way too far. No more having those types of players that you can cheer for year after year, thereís no stability in our teams anymore as far as our players go. Rant Over.
                            with contracts not being guaranteed, what good is the contract anyhow ?
                            the only thing that I would personally like to see, is that players released early to pursue football employment in other leagues is that they remain the property of the team that released them for 1 year after they clear waivers from the other leagues

Comment

I donít know about anyone else but I feel a little bit disgruntled about a situation where a player is under contract but because of other opportunities making him more money we let him go in order to pursue it. Iím not against pursuing opportunities in order to make better of your career but if youíre under contract youíre under contract. What good is the signatures on the contract if we canít uphold the meaning of it. It has gotten to the point where I donít want to buy a jersey anymore because I donít know if that player is even going to be on the team next year. Our turnover rate has gone way too far. No more having those types of players that you can cheer for year after year, thereís no stability in our teams anymore as far as our players go. Rant Over.
                              I donít buy this, we have players that have been here for years, maybe the turnover rate has gone up but every team still has players that have been there long term that fans identify with.

This is no different than guys like Matt Dominguez and Derrick Armstrong going going NFL after one season so it isnít new to have this happen

Comment

How do you feel about teams tearing up the contract and releasing players, no questions asked, while that player is still under contract? The contract is a one-way agreement that the player will be held to the team, but there is no security in it for the player, so why would anyone sign more than 1 year, or turn down an opportunity to make more money (while also not guaranteed)? The entire system is flawed, and if a player has the wits to request an out clause in their contract then the power be theirs to exercise that right if an opportunity comes along..

What annoys me is that I haven't seen anything yet about an offer for JWL despite him being released and would be FURIOUS if he took this release and re-signed with a non-NFL team... We do not release players for the AAFL, and the players rights should be protected to the team which "released" him to pursue other opportunities should those opportunities turn up negative.

Bring back the NFL option window for all players IMHO... that is how we keep the talented NCAA kids that don't make it into the NFL right away coming north, they have the chance to prove their worth and earn their shot in the NFL each year through the option window. Make it so that each player only gets 2 attempts prior to their contract being locked or something...

The AAFL has a great idea with a 3 year contract for all, but the option to leave for the NFL should there be interest up until the AAFL pre-season begins.

Do the same... MAke players eligible to workout with NFL teams as early as the week after Grey Cup, but once TC starts, you are back onto your CFL team unless the NFL has already offered you a deal.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                                No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X