Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

Register

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jordan Williams-Lambert works out with Bears, NFL deal imminent

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jordan Williams-Lambert works out with Bears, NFL deal imminent

Correct me if I'm wrong, but being under contract for 2019, he shouldn't be eligible for an NFL workout, correct?

I know they are reintroducing the option window, but my understanding was that only accounted for contracts signed after the announcement, which wouldn't have included JWL's

Originally posted by safimod View Post

Correct me if I'm wrong, but being under contract for 2019, he shouldn't be eligible for an NFL workout, correct?

I know they are reintroducing the option window, but my understanding was that only accounted for contracts signed after the announcement, which wouldn't have included JWL's
    That's how I understood it as well. Only thing I can guess is that Jones is letting him tryout as he is not one for standing in the way of a player trying to better their situation.
    He just cannot sign with them. if there is legitimate serious interest I'm sure they can work out something.

Comment

Hes under contract but if he has a legit shot Jones would have to be a major d-head to not let him explore it. Really hope hes back but would be happy for him if he got a shot at the big time and big pay day. Hes certainly got the NFL measurables.

Comment

It would suck if he doesnt return as he was our biggest light on offense. Id like him to get a shot, but I think wed really miss him

Comment

Originally posted by Green81 View Post
          It would suck if he doesnt return as he was our biggest light on offense. Id like him to get a shot, but I think wed really miss him
          We would absolutely miss him. I cant imagine how effective he could have been had the team given him even a half decent QB. Such a physical receiver that wins most of the contested catches.

Comment

Our anemic offense will be even worst without JWL...Good luck JWL
            Simply amazing Riders...Simply...Facking...Amazing!

Comment

Originally posted by Bingo_Arms View Post
              Hes under contract but if he has a legit shot Jones would have to be a major d-head to not let him explore it. Really hope hes back but would be happy for him if he got a shot at the big time and big pay day. Hes certainly got the NFL measurables.
              How so? The league has been very clear on this. The Argos held to the policy last off-season, but the Riders should break the rules?
              #keepthepromise

Everybody knows you never go full Gary.

Comment

Originally posted by Dart Guy View Post
                I am a huge fan, and was from first day of camp, but Lavoie changes JWLs impact.
                #keepthepromise

Comment

I am assuming he has the team's blessings to do these tryouts ...and also to explore all options.

Comment

Originally posted by RAJ47 View Post

I am assuming he has the team's blessings to do these tryouts ...and also to explore all options.
                    I would assume so as well and good for the team to let him explore any options that are out there. Selfishly I hope hes back as hes probably our best offensive weapon on the roster .... but if he ends up making it and getting out of his contract Id be really pleased for him.

Comment

Originally posted by Dart Guy View Post
                      JWL is a solid football player who had a good rookie season.

But there are other JWL's out there just needing an opportunity so concluding it will be a catastrophic loss is a bit premature.
                      Rider QB Scrappin in Full Swing

Comment

I would assume so as well and good for the team to let him explore any options that are out there. Selfishly I hope hes back as hes probably our best offensive weapon on the roster .... but if he ends up making it and getting out of his contract Id be really pleased for him.
                        That's my question though - I thought the league said they would no longer allow teams to release players to pursue the NFL (due to the Argos situation if I remember), but as a compromise, brought back the option window for any guys signing new deals after whatever date that was.

Comment

Originally posted by Bigsexydawg View Post

But there are other JWL's out there just needing an opportunity so concluding it will be a catastrophic loss is a bit premature.
                          Better find him before one is only allowed a part time scout trying to plug a usb video card into the only permissible viewing media, betamax and a 15 inch screen in black and white.

I hear the league us considering allowing rabbit ears though.
                          #keepthepromise

Comment

Originally posted by safimod View Post

That's my question though - I thought the league said they would no longer allow teams to release players to pursue the NFL (due to the Argos situation if I remember), but as a compromise, brought back the option window for any guys signing new deals after whatever date that was.
                            well after JWLs contract.

unless the league is giving some leeway on contracts signed last season before that, which could be. Otherwise, I don't get this.

#keepthepromise

Comment

Originally posted by Bigsexydawg View Post

True... but I have this weird feeling there is going to be a talent drain this year... Riders could lose JWL, Eguoven, Jefferson quite easily... And we don't have a QB. Not a good combo. And yes there's always talent coming, but as a poster noted, there's few GREAT QB's... and if BLM and Reilly leave, ouch. Then add an expansion team in a couple years... Ouch again. I know, we've seen and done this before... just worrisome.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                              No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X