Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

Register

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Corey Chamblin Named New Toronto Argonauts Head Coach

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by pw13 View Post

I don't know what you are getting at. If you mean why would Trestman have given multi-year deals to his assistants when he and Popp should have been in synch, that would have been done long before the mgmt. cap was invented. But maybe you mean something else?
    What I meant is that with their history working together, who would have thought that it would be over after just two years and with the assistants only half way through their deals. Although I am thinking that Trestman being fired may have had more to do with the new cap.

Comment

• Originally posted by RDavidson View Post

While I think that is a good idea, it's not going to work until the AAF disappears. Their basement money for non-QB roles is much higher than us. I can't see the CFL challenging the AAF for the feeder league until the NFL decides they are going to be that for them and supports them financially. Completely. If that happens, the CFL is toast. IMO.
      We may have to go back to playing Canadian football with Canadians.

Comment

• Originally posted by McGreen View Post

And that football will suck and as a fan I wouldn’t want to watch it.

Comment

• Originally posted by KlutcH View Post

And that football will suck and as a fan I wouldn’t want to watch it.
          I’m afraid I agree. The Canadian in the CFL means it’s played it Canada - good enough for me. I love the CFL rules and I want the best athletes on the field.

Comment

• Originally posted by McGreen View Post

And even the good Canadians will still go down. The talent level in 5 years if the AAF is still around is going to be substandard. We're likely to see the return of the types like Junior "Matador" Mertile, Terrance Nunn, Sunseri, etc. And we're going to be forced to like it.

Comment

And even the good Canadians will still go down. The talent level in 5 years if the AAF is still around is going to be substandard. We're likely to see the return of the types like Junior "Matador" Mertile, Terrance Nunn, Sunseri, etc. And we're going to be forced to like it.
              Not really... we can always just stop paying and watching the CFL. I'm getting to that point already, and if there's more sub par Canadian's and talent flooding the League, I would guess that myself and a lot of others will just drop the CFL.

Comment

While I think that is a good idea, it's not going to work until the AAF disappears. Their basement money for non-QB roles is much higher than us. I can't see the CFL challenging the AAF for the feeder league until the NFL decides they are going to be that for them and supports them financially. Completely. If that happens, the CFL is toast. IMO.
                Would would the CFL be toast? Our mandate is to be the Canadian football league not an NFL feeder league. When the NFL had an actual feeder league in Europe, it didn't put the CFL out of business and in fact many CFLers came here during the WLAF existence and afterwards

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X