Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

Register

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2019 CFL schedule release date

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2019 CFL schedule release date

Last years schedule was released on December 14.

What are the chances we see the schedule released in the next couple of weeks?

Thatís what I was thinking , but then I thought with the negotiations on the new CBA it might delay the release , maybe maybe not . Who would you like to play to open the season ? I would like to get BC first and a chance to shove it down jerks throat

Comment

come on, i thought this was the thread with the schedule on it, haha

Comment

Originally posted by Unityriderguy View Post
        Thatís what I was thinking , but then I thought with the negotiations on the new CBA it might delay the release , maybe maybe not . Who would you like to play to open the season ? I would like to get BC first and a chance to shove it down jerks throat
        I wondered if the CBA will delay some announcements, but the league has to carry on even through negotiations so it shouldnt make difference.

And what about a game in Mexico and if Halifax was on schedule that would the league put a game in Moncton again to help with promotion?

I see the league returning to a similar schedule that it had this past year with interdivisional games taking up the first 4-5 weeks of the season.

Comment

Originally posted by Magnum View Post

I wondered if the CBA will delay some announcements, but the league has to carry on even through negotiations so it shouldnt make difference.

And what about a game in Mexico and if Halifax was on schedule that would the league put a game in Moncton again to help with promotion?

I see the league returning to a similar schedule that it had this past year with interdivisional games taking up the first 4-5 weeks of the season.
          Ya agreed , wonder how many Rider fans would take in a game if the Riders played in Mexico , and if they do I wouldnít be in favour of giving up a home game

Comment

Ya agreed , wonder how many Rider fans would take in a game if the Riders played in Mexico , and if they do I wouldnít be in favour of giving up a home game
            Toronto, BC and Montreal would be the only teams to give up a home game.

Comment

Originally posted by Magnum View Post

As long as it isnít the Riders losing a home game from this Mexico venture.

IMO if you delay the schedule because of the cba you give the CFLPA back some leverage in negotiations
              Rider QB Scrappin in Full Swing

Comment

Originally posted by go riders View Post

Toronto, BC and Montreal would be the only teams to give up a home game.
                Why?

Comment

Why?
                  Because they have the lowest attendance figures. Itíll cost the league less to reimburse them that it would to reimburse the Riders or Eskimos.

They take away a rider home game and I will be expecting a rebate.
                  Rider QB Scrappin in Full Swing

Comment

Originally posted by Bigsexydawg View Post

Because they have the lowest attendance figures. Itíll cost the league less to reimburse them that it would to reimburse the Riders or Eskimos.

They take away a rider home game and I will be expecting a rebate.
                    True

Comment

Maybe no one will lose a home game , maybe itíll be a extra game against a Mexican team

Comment

Maybe no one will lose a home game , maybe itíll be a extra game against a Mexican team
                        How would this even be possible?
                        You need to think these things through.

Comment

Originally posted by bigmac1967 View Post

How would this even be possible?
                          You need to think these things through.
                          Lol ya it is far fetched isnít it

Comment

Lol ya it is far fetched isnít it
                            Between different rules, I'm sure different insurance needed of some sort, not to mention, now one team will either lose a CFL game or play one extra, ya, it's a reach, lol.
                            Last edited by bigmac1967; 12-02-2018, 03:37 PM.

Comment

No way do you delay release. If the season is shortened or something, you deal with it then. Postponing is giving leverage, releasing is, if anything, showing faith it will get done. I think any strike shortened season in leagues in the past it was schedule out as normal. I fully expect a release within the next couple of weeks, before early-bird renewals are due.

We are holding off until last minute as we are considering a move back to the US.
                              #keepthepromise

Onward with escaping the hopeless fantasy of an artificial freedom and darkened picket fences the disillusioned front of friendly foes

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                              No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X