Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

Register

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CFL Free Agent QBs

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CFL Free Agent QBs

Alex took a shot at predicting where he thinks each of the main Free Agent QBs will end up in 2019, but I thought it might be a good discussion topic for here.

http://pifflespodcast.com/blog/2019-cfl-qb-dart-throw

Do you agree?

Where do you think the following QBs end up?

Travis Lulay
    Bo Levi Mitchell
    Mike Reilly
    Kevin Glenn
    Zach Collaros
    Brandon Bridge
    Ricky Ray
    Trevor Harris

Lullaby- bc
    Mitchell- NFL
    Reilly - bc
    Glenn- retired or stays in Edm
    collaros- retired for his health I hope
    bridge - receiver
    Ray - see Collaros, Zach
    Harris - Ottawa
    Jennings- sk

Comment

Travis Lulay BC
      Bo Levi Mitchell NFL
      Mike Reilly Edmonton
      Kevin Glenn Sask
      Zach Collaros retired
      Brandon Bridge Hamilton
      Ricky Ray retired
      Trevor Harris Ottawa

Comment

Travis Lulay Calgary back-up
        Bo Levi Mitchell NFL
        Mike Reilly BC
        Kevin Glenn Who cares
        Zach Collaros Toronto
        Brandon Bridge Who cares
        Ricky Ray Retired or Edmonton
        Trevor Harris Ottawa
        Rider QB Scrappin in Full Swing

Comment

Travis Lulay - BC
          Bo Levi Mitchell - NFL
          Mike Reilly - Edm
          Kevin Glenn - Tor
          Zach Collaros - Ott
          Brandon Bridge - Free Agent
          Ricky Ray - CGY
          Trevor Harris - SSK

Teaching your father how to kiss since 1996.

Comment

Travis Lulay - Edmonton. Joins his buddy Mike Reilly after briefly considering retirement.
            Bo Levi Mitchell NFL. Way too much interest already for this not to happen. It's going to. And he deserves it.
            Mike Reilly Edmonton. Outside shot of BC. Virtually no shot with the Riders.
            Kevin Glenn Saskatchewan. Returns with view he's seen as a supportive back up who can still go in and be effective.
            Zach Collaros Toronto. Viewed as a back up and will be paid back up money.
            Brandon Bridge down East. Possibly Ottawa or Hamilton (because the Ticats revere the ratio and I think it changes for CFL QB's). Maybe also be viewed as a WR prospect.
            Ricky Ray retires
            Trevor Harris Ottawa. No brainer.
            Jennings - tossup, Saskatchewan or Calgary. Can't make up my mind. Both teams would have interest in him and for the same reasons. The tremendous promise he showed in 2016 combined with a reasonable price tag.

Comment

Originally posted by safimod View Post
              Alex took a shot at predicting where he thinks each of the main Free Agent QBs will end up in 2019, but I thought it might be a good discussion topic for here.

http://pifflespodcast.com/blog/2019-cfl-qb-dart-throw

Do you agree?

Where do you think the following QBs end up?

Travis Lulay
              Bo Levi Mitchell
              Mike Reilly
              Kevin Glenn
              Zach Collaros
              Brandon Bridge
              Ricky Ray
              Trevor Harris

this all is dependent on where Reilly goes.

if Reilly goes to B.C. Lulay won't stay.

Jennings will go to either Calgary or Edmonton or even Saskatchewan

if Mitchell doesn't go NFL Jennings will go to Saskatchewan

if Mitchell goes, Lulay could be Calgary Bound

or Jennings to Calgary.

Edmonton will then look at who to bring in.....

but Reilly's move will determine the next set of moves.
              Alberta boy, Rider fan

Comment

Originally posted by Rider_Stronson View Post
                Travis Lulay - Edmonton. Joins his buddy Mike Reilly after briefly considering retirement.
                Bo Levi Mitchell NFL. Way too much interest already for this not to happen. It's going to. And he deserves it.
                Kevin Glenn Saskatchewan. Returns with view he's seen as a supportive back up who can still go in and be effective.
                Brandon Bridge down East. Possibly Ottawa or Hamilton (because the Ticats revere the ratio and I think it changes for CFL QB's). Maybe also be viewed as a WR prospect.
                Ricky Ray retires
                Jennings - tossup, Saskatchewan or Calgary. Can't make up my mind. Both teams would have interest in him and for the same reasons. The tremendous promise he showed in 2016 combined with a reasonable price tag.
                This is exactly how I see things playing out this offseason with FA QBs

Comment

Originally posted by Unityriderguy View Post

This is exactly how I see things playing out this offseason with FA QBs
                  Its sad but yup...and I think Jennings goes to Calgary so we are left with Glenn.....could be a long season.

I for one would actually keep Bridge but I doubt Bridge would sign with sask even if we offered it to him.

Kevin Glenn sucks..starts hot and come mid season (even prior to) he falls off a cliff. We will need a good back up to come in and win many games like Bridge did.

Comment

Originally posted by Rider_Stronson View Post
                    Ricky Ray retires
                    I honestly don't see Reilly and Lulay winding up on the same depth chart be it in Edmonton or BC unless Lulay is willing to take a significant haircut on his most recent salary which was a significant haircut on his previous deal. Simple reason is the money math doesn't add up. If Reilly makes it to free agency he will be signed for a deal that makes him the highest paid player since the SMS came into being. I don't see how a team could fit the salaries of both into their cap structure. With daughters roughly 6, 4 & 3 would he pack them all up to chase a backup role anywhere other than BC or would he leave them all behind in their year around home in Blaine and live out of a suitcase? My gut feel is that Lulay stays in BC with the question being in what capacity? QB or Coach? If Reilly were to end up back in BC then I think the latter is most likely. I could see him stepping into a QBC role with a potential return to playing on an emergency basis only if Reilly suffers a significant injury, something that history to date has proven unlikely.

Comment

The potential for a Jonny Jennings bidding war. Who knew?

Comment

Originally posted by Bigsexydawg View Post
                        The potential for a Jonny Jennings bidding war. Who knew?
                        The cupboard of realistically available QB's ........pretty bare.

Comment

Would that be some sort of record if Glenn makes stop #4 in Regina? . Scary thing is if Calgary's looking for a QB too and someone had to decide between the Riders and Stamps, they would probably chose the Stamps offensive coaching. Riders would have to win that one based on other factors.

Anyone think Collaros would take the kind of incentive deal similar to the one Durant was so insulted by to come back. Maybe even less numbers than the Durant deal and he would come back as more of a 1A backup to the starter? Or has that window closed and we just just move on?

Comment

Originally posted by CalgaryRiderFan View Post
                            Would that be some sort of record if Glenn makes stop #4 in Regina? . Scary thing is if Calgary's looking for a QB too and someone had to decide between the Riders and Stamps, they would probably chose the Stamps offensive coaching. Riders would have to win that one based on other factors.

Anyone think Collaros would take the kind of incentive deal similar to the one Durant was so insulted by to come back. Maybe even less numbers than the Durant deal and he would come back as more of a 1A backup to the starter? Or has that window closed and we just just move on?
                            I really don't think he was ever comfortable here in Regina so I don't think it is an option. I see him signing an incentive deal in Toronto being #2 behind Franklin.

Comment

Originally posted by Bigsexydawg View Post

I really don't think he was ever comfortable here in Regina so I don't think it is an option. I see him signing an incentive deal in Toronto being #2 behind Franklin.
                              That's what I see happening too. Zach back to the Argos.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                              No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X