Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

Register

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do we go after Jennings?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do we go after Jennings?

I am starting this thread asking for opinions. I can not decide myself.

Ugh

Comment

Maybe. Depends on what he wants and who else is out there. My concern is that he will struggle in Macadoos system

Comment

I expect Jones to go hard after Reilly. If we lose out on the Reilly sweepstakes, it will be either Jennings or Franklin IMHO.

Comment

Right now for me it's not a question of whether I want Jennings or not, but rather the guy I think they target.
          Rider QB Scrappin in Full Swing

Comment

Don't know why you didn't drop this in the RP QB thread........

Comment

Originally posted by Rider_Stronson View Post
              Don't know why you didn't drop this in the RP QB thread........
              Look on the bright side, we can sit back and see when this one veers off into Chris Jones slamming compared to the others.
              Rider QB Scrappin in Full Swing

Comment

I wouldn't be opposed if it's for under $300K. Somewhere in the $250k range with $50k of that in bonuses?

Comment

Originally posted by Bingo_Arms View Post
                  I wouldn't be opposed if it's for under $300K. Somewhere in the $250k range with $50k of that in bonuses?
                  That's around what I figure he'll end up getting. Even with the new CBA. He's had two subpar seasons and now his lack of a work ethic has been publicized. I'm not a fan of how Hervey went about saying it but what he said was a valid concern about Jennings.

Comment

That's around what I figure he'll end up getting. Even with the new CBA. He's had two subpar seasons and now his lack of a work ethic has been publicized. I'm not a fan of how Hervey went about saying it but what he said was a valid concern about Jennings.
                    Thing about a contract like that is if he doesn't play well and gets surpassed by a young guy out of camp, he doesn't hit the bonuses and only gets the $200k, which isn't outrageous for a back up particularly when considering the potential starter would be cheap.

I am not a huge fan of his but this offseason is a little like finding a girl at 2:30am at the bar. The options don't seem plentiful and we may not be able to be too picky.

Comment

Do we have any other better options?

Jennings is the best and most realistic option right now

Comment

Originally posted by danno View Post
                        I expect Jones to go hard after Reilly. If we lose out on the Reilly sweepstakes, it will be either Jennings or Franklin IMHO.
                        What do we trade to Toronto to get Franklin, and who will they go with at QB if they give up their current starter? I just don't see that happening.

I'm sure a lot of teams will talk to Reilly if he goes to free agency, especially if Bo leaves for the NFL. Winnipeg, Ottawa (if Harris returns), and Hamilton are the only teams who are "set at QB". The other six should all be on the phone with Reilly.

Comment

To me its irrelevant what kind of contract he signs what is relevant is can he win football games ? and if smart football people don't think he can why waste time and money on him

Comment

Thing about a contract like that is if he doesn't play well and gets surpassed by a young guy out of camp, he doesn't hit the bonuses and only gets the $200k, which isn't outrageous for a back up particularly when considering the potential starter would be cheap.

I am not a huge fan of his but this offseason is a little like finding a girl at 2:30am at the bar. The options don't seem plentiful and we may not be able to be too picky.
                            I get it. No one wants to go home with this.......

Click image for larger version

Name:	ugly.png
Views:	1
Size:	612.8 KB
ID:	371652

Comment

Hes a back up QB at best.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                              No announcement yet.

Announcement