Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

Register

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Coaching movement........who's interested in who

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by flatlandriderfan View Post

For a promotion I'm sure he would move an 1 1/2 hour flight away for half the year
    I will believe it when I see it.....

Comment

• Originally posted by Mister E View Post
      Am I on the only one who thinks it's weird that Winnipeg is standing pat?

I understand the view they had a good year with a decent record and a playoff win. At the same time, I see an aging core of players and a coaching staff that hasn't delivered a championship
      When it counted the bombers beat an injury riddled rider team and couldnt beat an injury depleted calgary team.

I hope they do stand pat.

Comment

• Originally posted by RAJ47 View Post
        Maas was the 1st guy who needed to go....undisciplined
        Not true, Jason is the only thing holding that team together right now.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pencilvester View Post

Not sure I'd go quite that far, but he did seem to man up and start acting more mature the last half of the season. Are things really in that much disarray?

Comment

No, He is the main problem. His antics are tiresome. Obviously has serious anger management and maturity issues.

Comment

No, He is the main problem. His antics are tiresome. Obviously has serious anger management and maturity issues.
              Oh, you follow the team closely then?

Comment

• Originally posted by Vegas View Post

When it counted the bombers beat an injury riddled rider team and couldnt beat an injury depleted calgary team.

I hope they do stand pat.
                Agreed. Oldest team in the league. I hope they stick with their plan.

Comment

Oh, you follow the team closely then?
                  9 teams in the league...dude. I follow all of the teams closely.

Just to be clear...as a Rider fan ....I am happy they kept Maas!!
                  Last edited by RAJ47; 12-10-2018, 08:53 AM.

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by Rider_Stronson View Post
                      Nice. This is a better hire than CC, IMO. Except that damn hat.

Comment

seriously? I'm also an eskimo fan and Maas is a joke. Maas isn't holding anything together. he's a big part of the problem.

I'd have strapped Rhodes in a rocket, tied Maas to it, and let the irrational anger of Maas power the ship into the sun.

Comment

9 teams in the league...dude. I follow all of the teams closely.

Just to be clear...as a Rider fan ....I am happy they kept Maas!!
                          That tells me how little you know about him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ruberg View Post

Not sure I'd go quite that far, but he did seem to man up and start acting more mature the last half of the season. Are things really in that much disarray?
                            The president is a complete unmitigated disaster, Im quickly losing what little faith I had in the GM, but Maas has really stepped up, especially in the anger management department, ever since he went on public radio and called him self out for it hes been much more composed, and the Esks became one of the least penalized teams in the league down the stretch.

I have friends that played with Jason back in his Eskimo days that have told me all I need to know about what kind of character guy he is. Jed Roberts is also not shy about calling out detractors that try to pigeonhole Maas into something that hes not.

Retaining Maas also increases the Esks chances of signing Reilly quite significantly.

Comment

The president is a complete unmitigated disaster, Im quickly losing what little faith I had in the GM, but Maas has really stepped up, especially in the anger management department, ever since he went on public radio and called him self out for it hes been much more composed, and the Esks became one of the least penalized teams in the league down the stretch.

I have friends that played with Jason back in his Eskimo days that have told me all I need to know about what kind of character guy he is. Jed Roberts is also not shy about calling out detractors that try to pigeonhole Maas into something that hes not.

Retaining Maas also increases the Esks chances of signing Reilly quite significantly.
                              That would be the most important glue of all, not just what it does for edmonton, but more importantly for western teams, what it doesnt do for bc.

Comment

As much as I love to make fun of Maas, the dude is intensely competitive and wears his heart on his sleeve. Not exactly bad things, (when under control). His temper tantrums were an embarrassment and I believe he knows that -- as you said, he's made a conscious effort to maintain his composure. The reality is that if he'd been a Rider and was coaching the Riders now, I'd still be embarrassed by the tantrums but would be far less likely to throw him overboard because of them. And I would be quite happy he's weathered the storm and can re-sign Reilly and his work chapeaus.
                                You matter. Unless you multiply yourself by the speed of light squared... ...then you energy.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                                No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X