Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

Register

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Coaching movement........who's interested in who

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coaching movement........who's interested in who

From Dave Nayor and Farhan Lalji..........

The hottest name by far is Orlando Steinauer. Both the Argos and BC Lions expected to be interested in him. He could be at the top of both lists. Home in GTA though could favour the Argos but we'll see. Sounds like June Jones is going to be back with the Ticats so "O" could bolt. Would take a lot to keep him with the Ticats if he's offered a HC job.

From Steve Simmons.............DeVone Claybrooks has an NFL job waiting for him. Ed Hervey supposedly has interest in him too in case Steinauer doesn't go to BC.

Naylor says Argos also want to talk to LaPo, are interested in perhaps Redblacks OC Jaime Elizondo and Noel Thorpe. I don't believe Thorpe will get that job. Naylor also adds that the Argos may want to talk to Kent Austin and Corey Chamblin.

In BC, Fahran keeps saying that Hervey wants to hire a fresh face, someone new from the CFL ranks like he did with Chris Jones and Jason Maas. No retreads for Ed, seems like.

On other coaching notes, an exodus from the CFL is expected due to the football ops and coaching caps. With no pensions for coaches and contract term to be lessened even more, and of course less money, it's expected the CFL will lose coaches to the AAF and American college ball. CFL expected to lose a lot of bright, young coaches.

Also forgot to add............it's rumoured that Craig Dickenson may get interviews in both Toronto and BC too. Although I feel BC's interest would be to poach him from us, perhaps by offering him not only a ST's role but an assistant HC title to make it a "non-lateral move."

Comment

Originally posted by Rider_Stronson View Post
      Also forgot to add............it's rumoured that Craig Dickenson may get interviews in both Toronto and BC too. Although I feel BC's interest would be to poach him from us, perhaps by offering him not only a ST's role but an assistant HC title to make it a "non-lateral move."
      I remember reading this last week about Dickie....hope he gets it, good guy.

Comment

Originally posted by Giventofly View Post

I remember reading this last week about Dickie....hope he gets it, good guy.
        I'd be shocked if Craig D. is even offered a HC job at either spot. I'm suspecting other teams want to poach him and put him in charge of their ST's. I don't blame them either. He's easily one of the top ST's coaches in the CFL.

Comment

The way the new stupid coaching cap is, there will be premium put on coaches that can have duel roles. So he could become the ST & Assistant Head Coach for example. He gets a raise and they can steal him because its technically a promotion.
          Last edited by Curo; 11-26-2018, 10:51 AM.

Comment

Supposedly the new rules put a limiting on the number of coaching staff at 11 (plus another 17 Operations Staff). Rough guesses are these would be allocated as:
            1) Head coach
            2) OC
            3) DC
            4) STC
            5) Receivers coach
            6) RBs coach
            7) OL Coach
            8) DB Coach
            9) QB coach
            10) LB coach
            11) DL coach

So the new cap will have more of an impact on the salary side rather than the number of coaches. Dual roles will be valued more from a salary perspective than a position perspective.
            Last edited by Jmdirk; 11-26-2018, 12:29 PM. Reason: I can't count

Comment

If there are only two head coach openings - I expect Steinauer and Lapolice to get them

although I can see Steinauer in either Tor or BC - I just don't see Lapo as a fit in BC - so that may create room for Thorpe or Elizondo

Comment

Originally posted by Rotor View Post
                If there are only two head coach openings - I expect Steinauer and Lapolice to get them

although I can see Steinauer in either Tor or BC - I just don't see Lapo as a fit in BC - so that may create room for Thorpe or Elizondo
                I see Steinhauer in Toronto.
                Rider QB Scrappin in Full Swing

Comment

The name I keep hearing about for Hervey is Steinauer but if Toronto lands him, the 2nd name I'm always hearing is Claybrooks. But Steve Simmons says Claybrooks has an NFL job waiting for him. Going to be interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by Bigsexydawg View Post

I see Steinhauer in Toronto.
                    he could fit in either spot to me - but if he goes to Tor

who do you see in BC?

Comment

The name I keep hearing about for Hervey is Steinauer but if Toronto lands him, the 2nd name I'm always hearing is Claybrooks. But Steve Simmons says Claybrooks has an NFL job waiting for him. Going to be interesting.
                      I can see Claybrooks landing a DL coach gig in the NFL - so who do you see in BC assuming Steinauer in Tor and Claybrooks in NFL?

Comment

In my best Henny Youngman voice ...."now, take coach Mcadoo......please!"
                        ZC gets another chance to feed cram sammiches!

Comment

he could fit in either spot to me - but if he goes to Tor

who do you see in BC?
                          I have no idea.

Comment

I can see Claybrooks landing a DL coach gig in the NFL - so who do you see in BC assuming Steinauer in Tor and Claybrooks in NFL?
                            Mark Washington has fallen out of favour there so not him. I can see Elizondo getting an interview as he runs Maas' offence that Hervey likes. Internal candidate likely to be Jarious Jackson. I think Claybrooks is Ed's second pick after Orlondo. But he may try and land someone else from Calgary. From the Riders, he'll try and poach Craig D. Condell could get an interview.

Comment

Mark Washington has fallen out of favour there so not him. I can see Elizondo getting an interview as he runs Maas' offence that Hervey likes. Internal candidate likely to be Jarious Jackson. I think Claybrooks is Ed's second pick after Orlondo. But he may try and land someone else from Calgary. From the Riders, he'll try and poach Craig D. Condell could get an interview.
                              Surprised Condell's name hasn't surfaced for Toronto.

If Claybrooks has serious NFL opportunities he needs to take that shot. Those opportunities don't surface too often for CFL coaches.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                              No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X