Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

Register

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2019 QB Predictions

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Greenwall View Post
    The big guys always avoid Regina , even with a salary cap. It sucks.
    The Riders in the 40+ years I have watched them have NEVER acquired a big ticket or name quarterback from another CFL team. Established quarterbacks have avoided the Riders like the plague.
    Waiting for the big ole splash...actually there was no big splash, just a peaceful ripple. Dammit, there was supposed to be a big ole splash!!

Comment

Originally posted by Rock Preston #1 View Post

The Riders in the 40+ years I have watched them have NEVER acquired a big ticket or name quarterback from another CFL team. Established quarterbacks have avoided the Riders like the plague.
      Tom Clements in 1979...but that may have turned out worse than the plague.

Comment

I just have a feeling that Bo will sign here. I think he wants to be the top dog and he will never be that in Calgary with the flames there.

Comment

Originally posted by tb1994 View Post
          I just have a feeling that Bo will sign here. I think he wants to be the top dog and he will never be that in Calgary with the flames there.
          Not a chance in my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by Stoi View Post

exactly BLM in rider green...don't see it - EVER! But can you imagine?

Comment

A few months ago everyone thought we were off our rockers predicting salaries over 600k. Now we are talking 700k plus

Comment

Originally posted by Stoi View Post

IMHO, there's less chance the Bovine signs with the Riders than Reilly does, and the chance of Reilly signing here was never more than about .5%, anyway.
                Nothing like a whole off season to choke on cram sammiches!

Comment

Originally posted by Rock Preston #1 View Post

Is Regina Detroit North ? Did collaros live here ? Was his family here ? He sure was quiet . Come home Kevin

Comment

Originally posted by Greenwall View Post

Is Regina Detroit North ? Did collaros live here ? Was his family here ? He sure was quiet . Come home Kevin
                    Collaros was not a big ticket QB, we just paid him like one.

Comment

• Originally posted by squish View Post

Collaros was not a big ticket QB, we just paid him like one.
                      Big ticket players wonít play in Regina.

Comment

• Originally posted by brady View Post
                        With the AFF it will be a challenge to find any new QBs. In 2020 it will only get more difficult with the start of the XFL. I am all for developing a new QB provided we can find the raw material. Pickton or O'Connor are starting to look attractive?
                        Sort of. Starting quality QBs will still come up here. Money is way way better.

Backup QBs may or may not. Developmental QBs will go to the AAF.

All other positions for imports will take a long hard look at the AAF.

Comment

• Originally posted by tb1994 View Post
                          Huh? No way he signs in Saskatchewan. Less than zero

Comment

• I don't necessarily buy into the " no good quarterbacks available " but rather think its just the teams finding the right guys to fit their offenses . Everyone of former top end quarterbacks in the league where at one time " rookies to the CFL " . There needs to be better evaluation , patients , and correct grooming of the newbees to make top end quarterbacks in the CFL , if the Tom Wilkensons , Danny Macs , Anthony C. Warren M. Damon A. Henry B. Deiter B Kevin G and on and on can establish respectable careers in the league .......well its the same league . Teams IMO have to work harder at the over all molding of a quarterback to their team " philosophy " as in building a team that will have exceptional individual players at times but as a whole the pieces fit together more importantly in structure that can bring success.

Comment

• IMO BLM has his eye on three or four NFL teams who need a QB. I think he could wait until the FA date and the NFL draft is over. Then he would go with the team that gives him the best opportunity. Another thing is most of those teams have new coaches. The BLM wait could be longer then many figured.

Comment

• Originally posted by Loonie View Post
                                I say try to trade for McLeod Bethel Thompson or whatever his name is. I think Harris will sign in Toronto and either him or Franklin will be available. Also Pipkin in Montreal might be worth checking in on since they invested so much in Manziel. The bonus with Thompson is he is still on a very cheap contract and we would be able to load up around him. No idea if Popp would move him tho. I would rather give up some picks for a QB so we donít overpay on the FA market and use that money to sign some established Canadians.
                                I agree I think Bethel Thompson is worth a shot!
                                Isn't he an older player?

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                                No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X