Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

Register

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2019 QB Predictions

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by jfrench1011 View Post
    One name I don't hear much about is Drew Willy. I could see him being signed as a number 2 here. He has shown he can win and progressed really well until he got destroyed behind the horrible Winnipeg OLine and bounced around a bit since. There is some staff familiarity here. I'b be much happier with him vs Bridge as our number 2.
    Are you high?

    There is a reason why he isn't a number 3 or 4 on Montreal. Hes gone man, how many chances does he need.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Dave W View Post
      Jennings. Jennings. Jennings. Jennings. Why on earth do some people have this love interest in JJ? Look around the other teams in the league. Jennings is an untried 6th or 7th level QB with as much playing time last year as BB. He sure has a great press corps for a guy who won nothing. So let's be serious. Collaros might not have 'flash' but he's very capable. Our OL failed too many times and we had no offensive coordinator. Jennings wouldn't last a half dozen games in that environment.
      Stat just released on Twitter:

      Jonathan Jennings' Red Zone passing numbers the last three years are crazy (29 TD, 2 INT).

      Comment


      • Originally posted by jfrench1011 View Post
        One name I don't hear much about is Drew Willy. I could see him being signed as a number 2 here. He has shown he can win and progressed really well until he got destroyed behind the horrible Winnipeg OLine and bounced around a bit since. There is some staff familiarity here. I'b be much happier with him vs Bridge as our number 2.
        IMO, Willy has PTSD and really needs to get help to get passed that mental thing. He has the tools though in a MacAdoo offense.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by RDavidson View Post

          IMO, Willy has PTSD and really needs to get help to get passed that mental thing. He has the tools though in a MacAdoo offense.
          Willy is fine if he has an o-line that can maintain their blocks for 20-30 seconds.
          Nothing like a whole off season to choke on cram sammiches!

          Comment


          • You're not accounting for rushing touchdowns.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by KlutcH View Post

              Are you high?

              There is a reason why he isn't a number 3 or 4 on Montreal. Hes gone man, how many chances does he need.
              Numbers wise he holds up over ZC the last couple years with a similar injury risk. I also think he is better suited to be a veteran backup than some of the other options out there. And I think his price tag will be low. I see a lot of positives and would be a low risk signing given the QB turmoil throughout the league. If Jennings was our guy I'd be much happier with DW as #2 over Collaros or Brandon Bridge.

              Comment


              • If we went after Jennings I would like us to go after Chung to shore up our old line. Jennings needs a little more time then what he got in B.C. to throw

                Comment


                • Originally posted by jfrench1011 View Post

                  Numbers wise he holds up over ZC the last couple years with a similar injury risk. I also think he is better suited to be a veteran backup than some of the other options out there. And I think his price tag will be low. I see a lot of positives and would be a low risk signing given the QB turmoil throughout the league. If Jennings was our guy I'd be much happier with DW as #2 over Collaros or Brandon Bridge.
                  I see Willy as a camp arm or a team desperate for a #2. If he can finally step up into the pocket without going all frozen and work through whatever issues he has, sure bring him in. I just don't see it though.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Go Greene & White View Post
                    If we went after Jennings I would like us to go after Chung to shore up our old line. Jennings needs a little more time then what he got in B.C. to throw
                    Maybe. At least make other teams pay full price for him.

                    IMO, our Oline got better late last season. I think if we keep that corp together we should be okay. Fingers crossed as I am not 100% confident on that either.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by jfrench1011 View Post

                      Numbers wise he holds up over ZC the last couple years with a similar injury risk. I also think he is better suited to be a veteran backup than some of the other options out there. And I think his price tag will be low. I see a lot of positives and would be a low risk signing given the QB turmoil throughout the league. If Jennings was our guy I'd be much happier with DW as #2 over Collaros or Brandon Bridge.
                      Seriously, no thanks to Drew Willy. I would rather see Glenn as our number two if we end up with Jennings. Glenn would be a better mentor and is a better quarterback... plus he has no PTSD issues.

                      Riderfans - Came for the info... stayed for the drama.

                      Comment


                      • I could handle the Collaros return if he's paired with a competent other QB. Status quo from last year would be my disaster.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by CalgaryRiderFan View Post
                          I could handle the Collaros return if he's paired with a competent other QB. Status quo from last year would be my disaster.
                          IMO, Bridge is gone. I don't see O'Day going with that experiment again.

                          Bridge goes to the AAF or takes a backup position (unlikely) or converts to WR (again unlikely).

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by CalgaryRiderFan View Post
                            I could handle the Collaros return if he's paired with a competent other QB. Status quo from last year would be my disaster.
                            So if we don't get one of the big 3...who would you consider competent to pair with Collaros? I think it's a pretty short list...lol
                            Waiting for the big ole splash...actually there was no big splash, just a peaceful ripple. Dammit, there was supposed to be a big ole splash!!

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Rock Preston #1 View Post

                              So if we don't get one of the big 3...who would you consider competent to pair with Collaros? I think it's a pretty short list...lol
                              Franklin or Jennings or maybe Davis.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by RDavidson View Post

                                Franklin or Jennings or maybe Davis.
                                Well two of the three would have to be traded for. And the only way Franklin becomes available via trade is if the Argos get Mitchell, Harris or Ray. So I think his availability depends on who the Argos acquire.
                                Waiting for the big ole splash...actually there was no big splash, just a peaceful ripple. Dammit, there was supposed to be a big ole splash!!

                                Comment

                                Announcement

                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.

                                Announcement

                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X